105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
i never really liked the phrases.. "he completes me" or "he is my other half"... shouldn't we bring 100 % of ourselves into a relationship??

I don't know...for me those phrases recall Genesis 2. Eve was taken out of Adam's side to be his counterpart; when they came together as "one-flesh," that sort of undid the separation. So I don't have a problem at all with the "other half" thing. I certainly feel more "whole" now that I have Lai than when I was single, as though she restored a part of myself that I was missing.

I don't believe in the "soul mate" thing, though, at least not the one-and-only person in the entire world/mystical connection idea.

Edited by Scott & Lai

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I think maybe we have a number of "soul mates." Some come in to your life and teach us things and are gone, others stay...but one special person is above all the rest. Not sure if that makes sense. :unsure: I know what I'm trying to say.

Yes I believe we have a number of them in a sense. I have a friend who is definitely a soul mate...and no matter how much time passes, that connection is always there. I think ultimate soul mate, two people perfect for each other, not sure. But I do believe in true love.

I'm a believer. We met on the internet and something really got me when I saw his profile (and it wasn't just that he's HOT). Within the first 2-3 e-mails, I knew there was something special about him. The first time I heard his voice, I felt like I'd come home. We just fit each other so perfectly. I'm trying to describe it, but words do not do justice to the power we feel between us.

I think the beauty of technology is that many of us wouldn't have met our SO's otherwise, or wouldn't have been able to keep the connection going. However, there was an unexplainable connection b/n me and my fiance from the beginning. First as friends and then as more. I don't know if "soul mate" is the correct term. As I stated above, I do most wholeheartedly believe in true love now, though. (thank you Westley and Buttercup).

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
i never really liked the phrases.. "he completes me" or "he is my other half"... shouldn't we bring 100 % of ourselves into a relationship??

I brought 100% of myself into our relationship, as did my husband, in that we were and are still individuals in and of ourselves. However, he *IS* the other half of me, and that's hard to explain given my first sentence. All I know is, while we were apart I felt very empty, as if part of me was missing. *shakes head* I know this is hard to understand, it is for me, I just *KNOW*. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

"Ultimate Soulmates"? No, I don't believe in the concept.

Saying that your spouse/SO is "the other half of your soul; the only one you could be with" cheapens the relationship, IMO. You are relegating all of their strengths, weaknesses, personality, beliefs, etc to second place behind some mystical #######. I would much rather believe that Sian is with me because of ME, not because her "soul compass" homed in on me and said "Hey! There's my other half!"

Actually, the term "soulmate" in general pisses me off. That's probably just me, though. The result of being around Wiccan message boards for years where every fluffy bunny newbie likes to spout off about soulmates, love spells, and Charmed.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I don't know...for me those phrases recall Genesis 2. Eve was taken out of Adam's side to be his counterpart; when they came together as "one-flesh," that sort of undid the separation. So I don't have a problem at all with the "other half" thing. I certainly feel more "whole" now that I have Lai than when I was single, as though she restored a part of myself that I was missing.

I don't believe in the "soul mate" thing, though, at least not the one-and-only person in the entire world/mystical connection idea.

:thumbs:

I agree saying "he completes me" can be over the top because I just imagine a teenager saying it about their crush. But I would say Sujeet is my other half. We both brought 100% of ourselves together and made a new person by getting married. And if he's away I miss part of myself!

But the mystical soulmate thing, I don't really agree with. I do believe there are people we are meant to be with, of course I think God plans it. But to say there is absolutely only one, I can't. For someone people yes, and for others no because of instances like the death of a spouse at a young age and remarrying later in life, I think both were meant to be if it's God's will.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• 1 year later...

I do not believe in soul mates. I believe in mutual respect, committment and compromise alone.

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
I do not believe in soul mates. I believe in mutual respect, committment and compromise alone.

You must have been very bored between the hours of 3 and 6am...you responded to the last 27 polls!! :blink::rofl::wow:

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

You must have been very bored between the hours of 3 and 6am...you responded to the last 27 polls!! :blink::rofl::wow:

Waiting for the husband to come online to complete our paperwork together that he will then mail to me today to mail to NVC next week.

Does that satisfy your curiosity? :)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so I'm bored too, responding to a post started almost 2 years ago. :bonk::rofl: But since it got bumped...

I think there are many people who I could have met who woudl feel like a soulmate.

There is an old saying. You have three loves in your life- first love, the love you marry and true love. some people find one person is all three.

that saying i like

:thumbs:

I answered No. However, I do believe in soul mates but this person does not have to be your ultimate love. I believe a soul mate can be anyone with whom you have that deeply soul felt connection (and you probably wouldn’t have many, you would just have one). I also don’t believe in that one perfect mate. Otherwise, how are you to explain people who have lost loved ones, never thought in a million years they could love again but then they do. Was the first one wrong, or is the second. They both could be and probably are very true, just in different ways at different times. It takes a lot to maintain a healthy relationship and I just don’t think being soulmates is one that ever guarantees it will last. Plus just one perfect person in this whole world, EVER, well what if that person is already :dead:...too depressing. :cry:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I think maybe we have a number of "soul mates." Some come in to your life and teach us things and are gone, others stay...but one special person is above all the rest. Not sure if that makes sense. :unsure: I know what I'm trying to say.

It makes sense to me :) I do think the same. We can have a number of soul mates. That is why we like to be around some people more than others. My fiance and I think and feel alike we almost say the same things at the same time all the time lol... He is my soul mate... :wub::)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Timeline

There are no Soul Mates. Only Future Litigants.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I think the definition of soul mate is a person who is like your twin soul, if you breath he/she breaths with you. Or at least that's what wiki says.

So no, going by that definition I don't believe in soul mates; I enjoy people for their different opinions, different likings. There will be more to talk and more to learn by that way. My husband is exact opposite of me in many ways, but then there are things which we both enjoy together too. I like that balance, life would be so boring if your partner knows everything you as an individual wants to do or how you would react.

Oh and I don't even believe in --- you complete me or I have a spiritual connection with you. Thank you very much but I had all my body parts intact before meeting my hubster, so I was complete.

I think the definition of soul mate is a person who is like your twin soul, if you breath he/she breaths with you. Or at least that's what wiki says.

So no, going by that definition I don't believe in soul mates; I enjoy people for their different opinions, different likings. There will be more to talk and more to learn by that way. My husband is exact opposite of me in many ways, but then there are things which we both enjoy together too. I like that balance, life would be so boring if your partner knows everything you as an individual wants to do or how you would react.

Oh and I don't even believe in --- you complete me or I have a spiritual connection with you. Thank you very much but I had all my body parts intact before meeting my hubster, so I was complete.

Hubster :lol:

I am so gonna steal this from you and call my hubs a hubster now! :thumbs:

And hey, this I had all my body parts intact before meeting my hubster can be interpreted in many different ways ;)

Waiting for the husband to come online to complete our paperwork together that he will then mail to me today to mail to NVC next week.

Does that sa :star:tisfy your curiosity? :)

I remember those days..... :star:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Soul mate as in the ultimate one and only - No.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010