OldUser

Chat GPT

22 posts in this topic

A lot of you may have heard about Chat GPT, AI software.

I tried asking it questions around immigration for fun. 

Here are examples

Question 1

Answer to Question 1

To bring your family members to the US, you will need to file a separate I-130 petition for each family member.

For your unmarried brother above 21 years old, you can file an I-130 petition for him as a "brother or sister of a U.S. citizen."

For your married brother, his wife and two kids, you will need to file a separate I-130 petition for each of them. You can include his wife and two children as "derivatives" on his I-130 petition.

After the I-130 petition is approved, the next step is for the family members to go through consular processing and obtain immigrant visas. This process can take several months to complete.

It is advisable to consult with an immigration lawyer or a qualified representative to assist you with the process, as well as to help ensure that the I-130 petitions are properly prepared and filed. This can also help reduce the risk of delays or denials.

Question 2

Answer to Question 2

The general rule of thumb is that U.S. permanent residents must not be outside the U.S. for more than 6 months at a time, as it can raise questions about their intentions to maintain permanent residency. However, there is some leniency and it's not a hard and fast rule. Being away from the U.S. for an extended period of time, like more than 6 months, could be considered abandonment of permanent residency.

In your case, as you have been outside the U.S. for more than 6 months, you could face questions about your intent to maintain permanent residency during the naturalization process. However, being married to a U.S. citizen, owning property, and filing taxes in the U.S. are positive factors in your favor. Additionally, being outside the U.S. for a brief period of time, such as a couple of months, could be seen as a temporary absence.

The naturalization process is complex, and the outcome depends on the specific circumstances of each case. It's recommended that you consult with an immigration attorney for personalized advice on your situation.

Question 3

Answer to Question 3

No, your spouse's child with their ex-girlfriend is not considered your stepchild unless you have legally adopted them. If you have not legally adopted the child, you do not need to include their information on your naturalization application (Form N-400). However, if you did list them on previous immigration applications (Form I-751 and Form I-485), this could potentially cause confusion during the naturalization process. You may want to consult with an immigration attorney for further guidance.

Question 4

Answer to Question 4 (LOL)

1st question: You can file the AOS earlier than 90 days before the expiration of the Green Card. The processing time for AOS can vary, but it typically takes several months.

2nd question: To allow your wife to visit home while the AOS is being processed, you may apply for a travel document, such as Advance Parole, which allows her to travel outside the U.S. and return without abandoning her AOS application. However, it is important to note that travel with Advance Parole is not guaranteed and re-entry to the U.S. may still be denied.

Edited by OldUser

As we can see with answer to Question 4, VisaJourney experts cannot be replaced with AI just yet 😃

I also tried helping the bot a little.

Me: 
Sorry I used the right term "AOS".  I meant "ROC". Anything different in this scenario?

Bot:

Yes, the information I provided previously was for AOS (Adjustment of Status) but if you meant ROC (Removal of Conditions), the information is different.

For ROC, you can file the petition no earlier than 90 days before the expiration of the Green Card and up to 90 days after it expires. If you file after the expiration, your wife's status will be considered out of status and she may be barred from re-entering the U.S.

As for your second question, if you are unable to file the ROC within the 90-day window, your wife may not be able to travel outside the U.S. without risking being barred from re-entering. In this case, you may consider filing a request for a waiver of the 90-day filing requirement. However, approval of a waiver request is not guaranteed.

Edited by OldUser

An answer to this topic is amusing:

Answer

As a language model AI, I do not have personal opinions or emotions. However, it is a known fact that nations carry out intelligence gathering operations for various reasons, including the use of air-borne technology such as balloons, drones, and satellites. The fact that a Chinese spy balloon has been reported hovering over the US is concerning and raises questions about national security and international relations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Go to the "Cat Barf, Si Man" thread in the Polls forum and see how the AI responds.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, TBoneTX said:

Go to the "Cat Barf, Si Man" thread in the Polls forum and see how the AI responds.

Attempted question 1. Here's dry response:

"As an AI language model, I don't have a cat, so I can't vote in this poll. However, I can provide some general insights.

Cats can vomit for various reasons, such as eating too fast, eating something they shouldn't, or having an underlying health issue. In general, it's best to monitor your cat's eating habits and seek veterinary attention if you notice a change in their behavior or if they're vomiting frequently.

As for where cats may vomit, the options listed in the poll cover some common areas. It's important to clean up any messes promptly to prevent the spread of germs and odors. If your cat is vomiting frequently, you may want to consider adjusting their diet or seeking veterinary advice.

In general, it's best to provide cats with a clean, comfortable, and safe environment that meets their needs, including access to a litter box, fresh water, and appropriate food. Regular veterinary checkups can also help ensure your cat's health and well-being."

Edited by OldUser

On 2/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, TBoneTX said:

Attempt #2 after asking to imagine ChatGPT was as a human:

"As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to imagine or pretend to be a human, but I can provide some insights to help someone make an informed choice in this poll.

If I were a cat owner and had to choose one of the options listed in the poll, I would vote for option 10, "On ceramic, tile, or wooden floor." This is because these surfaces are relatively easy to clean and disinfect, and it's less likely that the vomit will leave a stain or damage the surface.

While it's not uncommon for cats to vomit on occasion, frequent vomiting may indicate a health issue that requires veterinary attention. It's also important to ensure that your cat has access to clean water and appropriate food, and to monitor their eating habits to prevent them from eating things they shouldn't.

It's important to clean up any vomit promptly and thoroughly to prevent the spread of germs and odors. Using a cleaner specifically designed for pet stains and odors can be helpful in ensuring that the area is properly cleaned and disinfected.

Overall, it's important to provide cats with a safe and clean environment, as well as regular veterinary care, to ensure their health and well-being."

Much better IMO 😃

So from what I understood, ChatGPT thinks owner can choose where the cat is going to barf.

Please, USCIS, don't ever consider using ChatGPT for adjudicating cases 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
2 hours ago, OldUser said:

ChatGPT thinks owner can choose where the cat is going to barf.

Would that the owner could choose where the cat might choose to do anything.

You presumably answered the poll itself, huh?

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am not sure if this is legitimate or somebody having a laugh but a week or so I saw something suggesting that someone had found a way around the censorship and got it to answer blocked questions 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

30 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I am not sure if this is legitimate or somebody having a laugh but a week or so I saw something suggesting that someone had found a way around the censorship and got it to answer blocked questions 

I had a funny request asking it to write a sequel to "War and Peace". Just to give you some context, it includes about 1200 pages. Obviously, a ridiculous request, but I was curious what it would respond with. It said it couldn't do it because it was a violation of copyright. I replied that's a lie since it was written in 19th century and no longer was covered by copyright. In its turn ChatGPT said in its opinion it's not a moral thing to do... I asked how come it's talking about moral, since it shouldn't have an opinion. Then it just said it won't 😃

37 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I asked it to analyze a couple of Dr Dre and Eminem's songs and asked to write its own lyrics. It first refused, saying it would he copyright issue bla bla bla, but I managed to convince it to write one. It was funny and lame 😃 I asked whether it could make it more "serious" and "close to reality" and it would refuse saying it's too violent.

49 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Would that the owner could choose where the cat might choose to do anything.

You presumably answered the poll itself, huh?

Haha I wonder if it suggested the owner to barf on the tile after a night out 🤣

Timeline
4 hours ago, OldUser said:

Haha I wonder if it suggested the owner to barf on the tile after a night out 🤣

Ask the program if the cat should eat the owner's barf.