nerdcouple

I-751 February 2023 Filers

208 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Steph. D. said:

I was wondering if I messed up and sent it in a month late and not exactly on the 90th day when you can file it.

No, this should not be a problem at all. Do you know what mailing address did you put in I-751? Is it the one you're living at now?

13 minutes ago, Steph. D. said:

I was wondering if I messed up and sent it in a month late and not exactly on the 90th day when you can file it.

No, this should not be a problem at all. Do you know what mailing address did you put in I-751? Is it the one you're living at now?

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Yea it was all typed up and printed, I even have the electronic version of it saying my current address.

1 hour ago, samdog said:

How do you see it in your account? I have a case ID but when I try to add it to my account it keeps asking me for some code that's on the receipt 

On the other hand I can add case no problem, but it doesn't ask for any code and doesn't show documents tab... But my case is WAC, does your case @Purplekimmiecool start with IOE? 

Edited by OldUser

2 hours ago, Steph. D. said:

I'm not too sure where you see this documents tab, but I have my case/receipt number on my uscis account but it says "my case status is unavailable at this time"

how did it get added to your account? I guess what I am asking is that I have a receipt number IOExxxxxxxxxx and I already had a USCIS account during AOS... but nothing got added to my USCIS account and I cannot even see the documents tab in my USCIS account.

11 minutes ago, samdog said:

how did it get added to your account? I guess what I am asking is that I have a receipt number IOExxxxxxxxxx and I already had a USCIS account during AOS... but nothing got added to my USCIS account and I cannot even see the documents tab in my USCIS account.

they let you add one yourself luckily 

image.png

I found this info (the part that says “Added a Case that starts with IOE“. Maybe it will apply to us that have IOE cases and the website asks for that “online access code”. 
I’m gonna wait until I have the NOA1 and if it doesn’t include the access code then I’ll request it, I guess.

https://redbus2us.com/visas/usa/uscis/create-uscis-account/#:~:text=If you have a USCIS,birth to verify the same.

I-751 Timeline:

February 28, 2023 - Package sent to Phoenix lockbox

March 1, 2023 - Package received

March 3, 2023 - Credit card charged

March 6, 2023 - Text message received and receipt number assigned

March 11, 2023 - 3 letters in my mailbox:

• NOA1 (48 months extension)
  • Fingerprints and other biometrics reused 
  • Online Access Code for the case

5 minutes ago, Steph. D. said:

they let you add one yourself luckily 

Thanks. I am trying to add using that exact link but because my receipt number is IOExxxxxxxxxx it is asking me for an "online access code" which I have never received. Apparently it is issued to all forms submitted online, and lately paper-filers are also receiving IOE case numbers so the USCIS system assumes it is filed online.

What I found out is that the online access code is sent separately a couple days after the receipt notice. Which means I am stuck until I receive one or the other. I requested a new online access code using the USCIS website and people said it takes 2-3 business days for USCIS to send that (via email).

8 hours ago, samdog said:

Thanks. I am trying to add using that exact link but because my receipt number is IOExxxxxxxxxx it is asking me for an "online access code" which I have never received. Apparently it is issued to all forms submitted online, and lately paper-filers are also receiving IOE case numbers so the USCIS system assumes it is filed online.

What I found out is that the online access code is sent separately a couple days after the receipt notice. Which means I am stuck until I receive one or the other. I requested a new online access code using the USCIS website and people said it takes 2-3 business days for USCIS to send that (via email).

I’m thinking about requesting a code too, but I got stuck in the “Date filed” section. I don’t know what date to use.
Which one did you use? The date you got the text message? The date they picked up your package from the lockbox? I’m confused 🫤 

I-751 Timeline:

February 28, 2023 - Package sent to Phoenix lockbox

March 1, 2023 - Package received

March 3, 2023 - Credit card charged

March 6, 2023 - Text message received and receipt number assigned

March 11, 2023 - 3 letters in my mailbox:

• NOA1 (48 months extension)
  • Fingerprints and other biometrics reused 
  • Online Access Code for the case

51 minutes ago, chonds said:

I’m thinking about requesting a code too, but I got stuck in the “Date filed” section. I don’t know what date to use.
Which one did you use? The date you got the text message? The date they picked up your package from the lockbox? I’m confused 🫤 

Date filed for me is the date they picked up my package from lockbox.

Edited by annrose

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

12 hours ago, Purplekimmiecool said:

I have not received anything in the mail either but I am able to see all the notices in my uscis online account. It’s all in there under documents tab

How long did it take for your notices to show up under the documents tab? Do you see any biometric reuse notice as well?

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

Hi everyone,

I filed my 751 a three weeks ago, and was waiting for the NOA so I can travel internationally, because of the expiration of the GC

Oddly, I've received 2 letters from USCIS, one stating, that the biometric isn't required, and the second one for the Online Account creation, but haven' t received the main NOA letter (green paper).

Can you please share if this is normal or if you received these letters all at the same time? I'm really afraid it can get lost in mail and freaking out.  

Thanks!

7 hours ago, m911 said:

Hi everyone,

I filed my 751 a three weeks ago, and was waiting for the NOA so I can travel internationally, because of the expiration of the GC

Oddly, I've received 2 letters from USCIS, one stating, that the biometric isn't required, and the second one for the Online Account creation, but haven' t received the main NOA letter (green paper).

Can you please share if this is normal or if you received these letters all at the same time? I'm really afraid it can get lost in mail and freaking out.  

Thanks!

It's been 5 weeks for me since I've filed my i-751 and haven't gotten anything at all from USCIS no extension or even a acknowledgement letter,

so at least you're getting something from them. Maybe they are just slower this month? I'm also getting worried too since my Green card expires at the end of march.

12 minutes ago, Steph. D. said:

It's been 5 weeks for me since I've filed my i-751 and haven't gotten anything at all from USCIS no extension or even a acknowledgement letter,

so at least you're getting something from them. Maybe they are just slower this month? I'm also getting worried too since my Green card expires at the end of march.

Wow. Nothing? I had a text with my case number after 3 days and an update that my case is being actively reviewed after 5 days since USCIS received my documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.