ShaMo

NVC received petition dec1

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello,

I need help understanding my case plz

"The National Visa Center (NVC) received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on December 01, 2022. Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems." received this message on Dec 28 2022

"The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon." received this message on Jan 17 2023

since then I haven't heard anything and no welcome letter.

I tried my hand at NVC public inquiry and got this message back on Jan 19 2023

"
You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General."

is my time frame normal? am I panicking for no reason?

Timeline

They didn't give me anything, I did put in another inquiry today. Last one took 4 days to reply back to me.

What is case name?

35 minutes ago, biscoito1r said:

Did you get a case name from the NVC ?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, biscoito1r said:

Sorry, I meant case number

I only have my USCIS case number. My inquiry didn't give me a NVC case number, maybe the new inquiry will.

This is the full text of my previous Inquiry

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) cannot place your case on hold or extend it.

An approved K-1 visa petition is valid for four months. However, a consular officer at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate may revalidate it any number of times for additional four-month periods.

The pandemic continues to severely impact the number of visas U.S. Embassies and Consulates can process. NVC cannot predict when your case will be sent to them for processing. When local conditions and restrictions allow, most have resumed immigrant visa services, including K-1 nonimmigrant visa applications.

All expired K-1 petitions that meet the conditions below will be revalidated by a consular officer once that visa section resumes routine visa operations. No additional action is required on your part.

To revalidate a K-1 petition, the officer must find that:

· The petitioner and beneficiary are still legally free to marry, and

· They intend to marry within 90 days after the beneficiary is admitted into the United States

For the most up-to-date information about the operating status of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, please visit their website at: https://usembassy.gov.

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

Kindest Regards

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ShaMo said:

I only have my USCIS case number. My inquiry didn't give me a NVC case number, maybe the new inquiry will.

This is the full text of my previous Inquiry

Maybe you should submit an inquiry specifically asking for the case number from NVC. Make sure you add full names and date of birth for both of you.

Timeline
14 hours ago, biscoito1r said:

Maybe you should submit an inquiry specifically asking for the case number from NVC. Make sure you add full names and date of birth for both of you.

that's what I asked about and they send me this message, that's why I'm panicking a little.

Timeline

I received my NVC case number on Feb 2 2023

I am so happy, but I'm also confused. they changed our consulate from Armenia to Turkey, would any one know why that could be?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.