GordonSand

2023 Timeline from DQ to Interview - Hong Kong Consulate

17 posts in this topic

Hi All,

We just received our DQ and wondered if anyone had updates on how long HK is taking "DQ --> Interview Scheduled"

Any hints here?

Thanks much!!!

9 minutes ago, jpolitis said:

Have you heard anything yet? I'm expecting DQ sometime in Feb and am wondering the same thing

Not Yet. From what I understand, every consulate has a different timeline.  My hope is that HK is two weeks til the interview is scheduled and then two months until the appointment.  Not sure if that applies everywhere

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Wanted to follow up

we had the interview and she was granted the visa. Looks like we are bound for the US in six months. There is hope.

VISA in hand... glad this stage is complete.  Now need to arrange to move life from Hong Kong to Dallas

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 2:38 PM, GordonSand said:

VISA in hand... glad this stage is complete.  Now need to arrange to move life from Hong Kong to Dallas

hey Gordon, congrats on completing the visa process! my I-130 is now at the nvc stage- was just wondering, when did you go to the HK police to get a police certificate? did you do it straight after you received the nvc welcome letter, or did you have to hear back from the US consulate? thanks!

Immediately scheduled the interview with hk police.   It has about a 6-8 week wait.

Has your wife lived elsewhere?   Will need a separate spot with hk police to get fingerprints for those.  

please reach out if any questions 

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2023 at 11:18 PM, GordonSand said:

Immediately scheduled the interview with hk police.   It has about a 6-8 week wait.

Hello GordonSand,

Thank you very much for sharing your timeline, and I wish you smooth travel and entry with your spouse back to USA!

I have a question about scheduling with the HK police for the certificate.  The HKG police website says they require a letter requesting the certificate, with physical address (of the US consulate I assume) to send the certificate to.

Should I expect a physical letter from NVC to me (the petitioner in USA), or a physical letter to my wife at her HKG physical address listed in the I-130 petition ?  So far I've only received the USCIS approval notice in physical mail, and no physical mail from NVC yet.

Thanks again.

From my recollection, we used the email that showed the acceptance. We rarely received in physical letter as confirmation.   Hope that helps 

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.