Physician Medical Exam in Singapore cant be reached

210 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2023 at 11:16 PM, Nj005 said:

Hi There. Im on similar process in SG

CR1 visa.

DQ 31/01

Interview letter 09/02

Interview 15/03

Contacted same clinic on 10/02. They said they need to check with Embassy whether mine is paper-filing or E-filing. 

But Embassy replied that they didnt have my name in the system. May be it hasnt received from NVC as its very short time since IL. So im waiting for Embassy to respond. 

Please share your latest updates that would help us on downthe line.  Thanks

When you log into your CEAC portal, at the top-right corner, does it say that your case is with NVC or Consulate?

image.png.5b7162c51c0351cc4fce1cb75cd78db4.png

apparently the consulate might not have your cases yet even after you receive Interview Letter

23 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

It depends on how long the queue is for your country at NVC.  This is how it works:

1. Case is DQ'd by NVC.

2. Case then enters NVC queue for your consulate and waits at NVC.

3. Consulate informs NVC of available interview date for upcoming month.

4. NVC schedules interview when your case reaches the front of the queue for that consulate.

5. NVC notifies person of interview date via email.

6. NVC then sends case to consulate.

After the interview is scheduled, it can take several days to several weeks for the consulate to receive the case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, FJT said:

When you log into your CEAC portal, at the top-right corner, does it say that your case is with NVC or Consulate?

currently at Singapore

My Journey:

March 29, 2013 :PD Dec-20, 2013 USCIS approval date July 28. 2015 (F) (F) (F)Interview Date APPROVED.

14 hours ago, FJT said:

what do you mean by "everything done in the same building"? 

have you tried contacting the IMC clinics? sharing the contact details below

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SGP-Singapore.html#step1

Approved Physician

American International Clinic
10 Sinaran Drive #10-10
Novena Medical Centre
Singapore 307506
Tel: 6397-7129
Email: enquiries@aiclinic.com.sg

International Medical Clinic
1 Orchard Boulevard #14-01
Camden Medical Centre
Singapore 248649
Tel: 6733-4440
Email: camden@imc-healthcare.com

International Medical Clinic
293 Holland Road #02-03/04
Cold Storage Jelita
Singapore 278628
Tel: 6465-4440
Email: jelita@imc-healthcare.com

The IMC location at Camden Medical can send you to the x-ray facility on another floor of the building. I found this out when I broke my foot and called them before coming in. If you go to their location at Jelita, you’d need to go to another location to get the x-ray done; not convenient at all.

On 2/13/2023 at 8:51 PM, FJT said:

Its showing your case is currently at: Singapore

But Embassy keep saying that its not uploaded to the system yet. 

other than the current location of the case, is there anyother way to check our case status. because someothers are posting "in-transit" / "Ready" stages. but I dont see these stages in the CEAC portal.

20 hours ago, ujongjoe said:

The IMC location at Camden Medical can send you to the x-ray facility on another floor of the building. I found this out when I broke my foot and called them before coming in. If you go to their location at Jelita, you’d need to go to another location to get the x-ray done; not convenient at all.

AIC accepts e-filing or paper filing. But AIC system is not ready yet to take e-filings. they are still building up. 

IMC only accepts paper filing. 

On 2/14/2023 at 11:10 AM, ujongjoe said:

This is super helpful! Thanks for sharing.

10 hours ago, Nj005 said:

Its showing your case is currently at: Singapore

But Embassy keep saying that its not uploaded to the system yet. 

other than the current location of the case, is there anyother way to check our case status. because someothers are posting "in-transit" / "Ready" stages. but I dont see these stages in the CEAC portal.

Hmmm... sorry, no idea... I'm behind you in the process. Please share on this thread if your status changes when the embassy receives your case.

10 hours ago, Nj005 said:

AIC accepts e-filing or paper filing. But AIC system is not ready yet to take e-filings. they are still building up. 

IMC only accepts paper filing. 

Thats unfortunate... I was planning to go to IMC Camden for my medical.

Similar to Camden, Novena also has many other medical services providers. I hope we can do the entire medical exam in the same building/area.

36 minutes ago, FJT said:

Thats unfortunate... I was planning to go to IMC Camden for my medical.

Similar to Camden, Novena also has many other medical services providers. I hope we can do the entire medical exam in the same building/area.

If you read what Nj005 said carefully, AIC accepts e-filing, but it looks like their system is not ready yet. In other words, you are probably stuck with paper for both.

I agree with you, the AIC location should have an x-ray facility nearby or in the same building.

Comparing the two, both AIC and IMC have been in business for a long time here in Singapore, but one difference I see… AIC appears to be mainly one doctor and maybe one secondary. For IMC they have up to a half dozen working at each clinic, which can mean less waiting if you aren’t precious about which doctor to see.

On 2/13/2023 at 6:51 AM, FJT said:

When did the Interview Location show up? Did you already receive an interview date?

Mine doesn't show Interview Location

image.png.f3618c7faac14928790999a649b0afb5.png

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

12 hours ago, ujongjoe said:

If you read what Nj005 said carefully, AIC accepts e-filing, but it looks like their system is not ready yet. In other words, you are probably stuck with paper for both.

I agree with you, the AIC location should have an x-ray facility nearby or in the same building.

Comparing the two, both AIC and IMC have been in business for a long time here in Singapore, but one difference I see… AIC appears to be mainly one doctor and maybe one secondary. For IMC they have up to a half dozen working at each clinic, which can mean less waiting if you aren’t precious about which doctor to see.

Oh... I just thought that applying via CEAC for the NVC stage meant e-filling and only AIC would be equipped to handle our cases. Would you know about what are the different implications for e-filling vs paper? Like for paper, do I have to carry around a packet or something?

8 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

When did the Interview Location show up? Did you already receive an interview date?

Mine doesn't show Interview Location

image.png.f3618c7faac14928790999a649b0afb5.png

For CR1/IR1, the I-130 petition requires us to indicate which country we will interview at. I suppose that's where that field comes from.

No I haven't got an interview date yet :(

3 hours ago, FJT said:

For CR1/IR1, the I-130 petition requires us to indicate which country we will interview at. I suppose that's where that field comes from.

No I haven't got an interview date yet :(

Ok. It seems like the IR1/CR1 cases are prioritized and triaged very quickly, so I expect that you will receive IL within 1-2 weeks of DQ.

Other cases like EB appear to be taking much longer

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

3 hours ago, FJT said:

Oh... I just thought that applying via CEAC for the NVC stage meant e-filling and only AIC would be equipped to handle our cases. Would you know about what are the different implications for e-filling vs paper? Like for paper, do I have to carry around a packet or something?

I have yet to go through the process yet (later this year - hopefully), so I’m not totally sure. My understanding was that you give the doctor the forms, they carry out the required procedures and then they send it in per the instructions on the form.

Others can correct me if I am mistaken.

Edited by ujongjoe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.