bellez214

Physician Medical Exam in Singapore cant be reached

210 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MJ21 said:

They pushed it up by a week, but we got lucky by kept refreshing the police appointment portal, so will be doing it next week, hopefully this is the last step.

Congrats! How long does it take to receive the report after the fingerprinting?

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

On 4/19/2023 at 2:40 AM, SGtoMurica said:

@Jin Lee Sin @FJT @MJ21 Did you receive this letter/notification from the Singapore Consulate informing you what to bring? If yes, how many days in advance of your interview did you receive it? Is it only distributed after the medical exam is received by the Singapore Consulate?

I received this from a friend who went for their interview last year. They told that they received this one day before their interview, so was panicking to gather the documents. 

image.thumb.png.45c78deb331e5d0ceec1c8c3852e6e60.png

Just wanted to update that we received this letter from the Singapore Consulate on the same day that our physician from IMC Camden sent the medical report to them. Hope this helps future folks.

We had our interview today and unfortunately were issued 221G due to a technical error in the medicals not being transmitted from IMC Camden to the US Embassy.

Did anyone else encounter a similar issue and how long would it take to be resolved? 

4 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

We had our interview today and unfortunately were issued 221G due to a technical error in the medicals not being transmitted from IMC Camden to the US Embassy.

Did anyone else encounter a similar issue and how long would it take to be resolved? 

May check when did you do your medical ?

Usually it takes 7 days to transmit the medicals to Embassy

2 minutes ago, Nj005 said:

May check when did you do your medical ?

Usually it takes 7 days to transmit the medicals to Embassy

We had our medical exams done 8 calendar days ago. My wife's medical was sent to US Consulate without issues, but mine had a "technical issue" in which they were unable to see my vaccination records on their electronic file (even though the physician had already sent it).

3 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

We had our medical exams done 8 calendar days ago. My wife's medical was sent to US Consulate without issues, but mine had a "technical issue" in which they were unable to see my vaccination records on their electronic file (even though the physician had already sent it).

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.. we didn’t have that issue, but we were on IMC and calling in to double check they were submitting as soon as they could..I think they are still having some teething issues. If anything, I would think issue is from clinic side than embassy side. You could ask IMC to freshly resubmit? It should just be a click of a button.

Just now, MJ21 said:

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.. we didn’t have that issue, but we were on IMC and calling in to double check they were submitting as soon as they could..I think they are still having some teething issues. If anything, I would think issue is from clinic side than embassy side. You could ask IMC to freshly resubmit? It should just be a click of a button.

We were on IMC’s case as well and they reassured us that all documents were submitted last Friday. Only to find out that the Consulate hadn’t received my medical (they only received my wife’s). 

We have been in contact with both the Consulate officer and IMC Camden, and apparently there is nothing else that we can do besides wait for DC to resolve the issue. I had asked IMC Camden to resubmit the medical, but they are under strict orders by the Consulate not to resubmit…

It’s really frustrating, because we have literally done everything in our power, only to encounter a technical glitch in their system… My flight is scheduled for Sunday and I’m scheduled to work on Monday, so I’m praying that DC comes through tonight…

On 4/17/2023 at 7:38 PM, FJT said:

Also IR1 here and had my interview in 11 April in the morning! Unfortunately I was 221G-ed and they requested an additional document. We submitted it the next day (Wed) and then some back and forth clarifications over email up till Thurs. They told me they will not inform me if I am approved.

If I'm approved, the courier service will email me for passport pick up.

I was checking the UStraveldocs portal track my passport function multiple times a day and the status was just updated to Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery

I guess I'm approved today? Fingers crossed. Will update again when passport is available for pickup. @SGtoMurica

Can you share what was the cause of your 221G? Did they keep your passport at the interview, or did you send it in with the additional document?

In my case, my medicals were missing due to a technical glitch in their system. Did you check your CEAC status online or did you just keep checking USTravelDocs? 

Edited by SGtoMurica

52 minutes ago, SGtoMurica said:

Can you share what was the cause of your 221G? Did they keep your passport at the interview, or did you send it in with the additional document?

In my case, my medicals were missing due to a technical glitch in their system. Did you check your CEAC status online or did you just keep checking USTravelDocs? 

For family based green card, it requires the petitioner to show that they have sufficient income to support the applicant. The 221G I received was a request for the latest 2022 tax transcript or tax return + W2. At the time, my husband hadn't filed 2022 taxes yet as the consular interview was before the tax filing deadline. We quickly filed taxes on the same day of the interview and then submitted the requested documents to the consulate via CEAC.

At the time of the interview they asked if I wanted to keep my passport due to 221G. I told them to keep it as I thought the process might be even longer if I had to re-submit my passport. Thankfully my 221G cleared in about 2 business days and I got my passport with visa shortly after.

For checking on visa status, you can check both CEAC and USTravelDocs.

Good luck! I hope things go as planned for you

Update: Apparently my case went into full on administrative processing, so even if my medical report had gone through smoothly, my case would still not be able to proceed.

Nothing else I can do at this point, but to return to USA and plan a return another day when my AP is finally done. Not sure about the reason for AP. I am not of Middle Eastern nor Muslim background. But my spouse and I did visit Cuba a few times for all-inclusive vacation, so we can't help but wonder if this is the cause of AP. 

Will continue to share updates in our case.

Edited by SGtoMurica

On 5/17/2023 at 1:05 PM, SGtoMurica said:

Update: Apparently my case went into full on administrative processing, so even if my medical report had gone through smoothly, my case would still not be able to proceed.

Nothing else I can do at this point, but to return to USA and plan a return another day when my AP is finally done. Not sure about the reason for AP. I am not of Middle Eastern nor Muslim background. But my spouse and I did visit Cuba a few times for all-inclusive vacation, so we can't help but wonder if this is the cause of AP. 

Will continue to share updates in our case.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Travelling back and forth for a visa is insane.

Memorial day weekend is coming up. Hopefully you'll get good news from SG consulate before then to take advantage of the long weekend...

On 5/18/2023 at 5:43 PM, FJT said:

I'm so sorry to hear that! Travelling back and forth for a visa is insane.

Memorial day weekend is coming up. Hopefully you'll get good news from SG consulate before then to take advantage of the long weekend...

Unfortunately no news and my case remains in AP. I think the Singapore Consulate for Immigrant Visas only work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.