bellez214

Physician Medical Exam in Singapore cant be reached

210 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2023 at 11:09 AM, SGtoMurica said:

Ok. It seems like the IR1/CR1 cases are prioritized and triaged very quickly, so I expect that you will receive IL within 1-2 weeks of DQ.

Other cases like EB appear to be taking much longer

I just got DQ! Hope to get IL next week... Will keep you all updated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, FJT said:

I just got DQ! Hope to get IL next week... Will keep you all updated

I emailed Consulate about the interview and it is confirmed.

No medical exam yet. 

My Journey:

March 29, 2013 :PD Dec-20, 2013 USCIS approval date July 28. 2015 (F) (F) (F)Interview Date APPROVED.

Is it the Singapore Consulate or NVC that schedules interview? 

I’m confused as I reached out to SG Consulate to inquire about my interview and they said that NVC schedules that. However we know that it is SG consulate who tells NVC when to schedule interview. Seems a bit of a round about. 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Timeline
1 hour ago, SGtoMurica said:

So you’ll have to go for the interview but wait for the medical in the interim?

That would be the plan. 

They know that NVC scheduled my mom for interview. I just had to confirm with them if that still valid without medical being done. And they said the interview is not rescheduled.

My Journey:

March 29, 2013 :PD Dec-20, 2013 USCIS approval date July 28. 2015 (F) (F) (F)Interview Date APPROVED.

2 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

Is it the Singapore Consulate or NVC that schedules interview? 

I’m confused as I reached out to SG Consulate to inquire about my interview and they said that NVC schedules that. However we know that it is SG consulate who tells NVC when to schedule interview. Seems a bit of a round about. 

NVC schedules the interview based on the available dates that SG consulate reports to NVC. From what I read, NVC will assign interview based on first come first serve. But no idea if there is any logic in prioritising family based vs employment based.

You've been DQ-ed for quite some time right? I'm surprised you haven't been assigned an interview date yet. Maybe there's a backlog of employment based cases

1 hour ago, bellez214 said:

That would be the plan. 

They know that NVC scheduled my mom for interview. I just had to confirm with them if that still valid without medical being done. And they said the interview is not rescheduled.

I guess they could still interview your mom and then place the case on 221(g) until the medical exam is completed and reviewed by consular officer for the final approval decision.

I hope that won't be the case for any of us...

41 minutes ago, FJT said:

NVC schedules the interview based on the available dates that SG consulate reports to NVC. From what I read, NVC will assign interview based on first come first serve. But no idea if there is any logic in prioritising family based vs employment based.

You've been DQ-ed for quite some time right? I'm surprised you haven't been assigned an interview date yet. Maybe there's a backlog of employment based cases

Yeah I have been DQ-ed since October 2022. I'm surprised too. I am not sure what to expect as they have already sent out invites for March and we still have not yet received our IL. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, FJT said:

I guess they could still interview your mom and then place the case on 221(g) until the medical exam is completed and reviewed by consular officer for the final approval decision.

I hope that won't be the case for any of us...

I think this would be the best decision they ever made. Mom has already an interview date before we find out the liquidation of the old clinic. While waiting for this panel clinic setting up their system, rescheduling is a big thing with trying to minimize applicant to get interviewed at the same time. If they reschedule my mom it could be hard to get a spot.

My Journey:

9 hours ago, bellez214 said:

I think this would be the best decision they ever made. Mom has already an interview date before we find out the liquidation of the old clinic. While waiting for this panel clinic setting up their system, rescheduling is a big thing with trying to minimize applicant to get interviewed at the same time. If they reschedule my mom it could be hard to get a spot.

You got a point but I'd hate to sit around not knowing when the consulate will approve the case after completing the medical. I hope that I get approval at the interview so that I can finally plan my life...

Timeline
6 hours ago, FJT said:

You got a point but I'd hate to sit around not knowing when the consulate will approve the case after completing the medical. I hope that I get approval at the interview so that I can finally plan my life...

true.I have been communicating with the Consulate and also those clinics but still, same problem. It would take some time to get things settled said by the Consulate. I just hope it wont be long. 

My Journey:

I have been contacting the Consulate but they say that NVC is the one responsible for scheduling interviews. I have been DQ'ed since October 2022 but haven't received IL yet. Anyone here with EB petition? 

Edited by SGtoMurica

Timeline
15 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

I have been contacting the Consulate but they say that NVC is the one responsible for scheduling interviews. I have been DQ'ed since October 2022 but haven't received IL yet. Anyone here with EB petition? 

if you dont mind, what job did you apply for? 

My Journey:

Let me update my progress 

My case is now on the embassy system.  Seems it takes around 1 week - 10days from DQ date to update in the embassy.

Now im on e-filing for medical. 

AIC is not ready yet for e-filing. Dont know whats next. Waiting.  

@bellez214 can you share  your progress ? Attended the interview without medical?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nj005 said:

Let me update my progress 

My case is now on the embassy system.  Seems it takes around 1 week - 10days from DQ date to update in the embassy.

Now im on e-filing for medical. 

AIC is not ready yet for e-filing. Dont know whats next. Waiting.  

@bellez214 can you share  your progress ? Attended the interview without medical?

she got 221g. 

My Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.