bellez214

Physician Medical Exam in Singapore cant be reached

210 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FJT said:

Yes! I got that 1 day before the interview too. But I've got those docs prepare already in advance. There wasn't anything additional that wasn't mentioned here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SGP-Singapore.html

Before the actual interview, they asked for the original docs in the exact order specified in the email. After they collected the docs, they asked me to wait at the waiting area for my name to be called for the interview.

Interesting… do they require these docs both original and copies in the exact order they specified?

11 hours ago, MJ21 said:

Interesting… do they require these docs both original and copies in the exact order they specified?

They only asked for originals. I printed a whole bunch of copies for nothing...

They'll ask for each original doc one by one in the order specified in the email so arrange your docs accordingly and it will go quicker

12 hours ago, FJT said:

@SGtoMurica just got a SMS from Aramex notifying me that my passport is ready for pickup. I chose the free pickup option

(Aramex c/o Bstone Travel Pte. Ltd
101 Upper Cross Street, #B1-31, People's Park Center Singapore 058357)

2 business days

Visa approved 17 Apr.

Passport available for pick up 19 Apr 

Huge Congrats!! Do you recall what time your status on USTravelDocs changed to "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery"? 

2 business days is all we can afford because our interview is on Wednesday morning, and we fly out Sunday. So hopefully the officers processing our case will understand our situation. Thankfully it seems like for most people it is roughly the next business day whereby they can collect their passport from Aramex at People's Park.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

12 hours ago, Jin Lee Sin said:

Yes, same. 1 day before interview and this email sent AFTER medical report got by embassy. 

13 hours ago, FJT said:

Yes! I got that 1 day before the interview too. But I've got those docs prepare already in advance. There wasn't anything additional that wasn't mentioned here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SGP-Singapore.html

Before the actual interview, they asked for the original docs in the exact order specified in the email. After they collected the docs, they asked me to wait at the waiting area for my name to be called for the interview.

Thank you both for confirming that. So maybe that's the reason why the Singapore Consulate told me that they can only confirm my appointment after they have received the Medical Examination. 

Are you able to share some of the interview questions? I am EB2, so I expect that they will be asking me about my employment history and qualifications etc. but not sure what else they would ask. 

Did they ask your spouse any questions? My spouse is a bit nervous and wants to prepare for the interview.

12 hours ago, Jin Lee Sin said:

Yes, same. 1 day before interview and this email sent AFTER medical report got by embassy. 

Hi Jin Lee Sin,

I believe your original interview was in Feb, and because of that Medical clinic fiasco you had to reschedule your interview date. How did that process work? Were you able to just reschedule through CGI? I can’t see any dates at all in my case, just a note saying we will get a response via email.

45 minutes ago, SGtoMurica said:

Huge Congrats!! Do you recall what time your status on USTravelDocs changed to "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery"? 

2 business days is all we can afford because our interview is on Wednesday morning, and we fly out Sunday. So hopefully the officers processing our case will understand our situation. Thankfully it seems like for most people it is roughly the next business day whereby they can collect their passport from Aramex at People's Park.

Thank you! I hope things will go well for you. Honestly, 2 business days is a little tight... it's a gamble as you never know if the embassy has any backlogs to clear.

I remember getting the status update on  ustravel docs after I left my office around 6pm. I was checking it every couple of hours. Which led me to believe that the embassy probably sends the passport for visa printing at the end of the day as a batch.

You can also track your case here https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

When your visa is printed, the status will show as "Issued"

37 minutes ago, SGtoMurica said:

Thank you both for confirming that. So maybe that's the reason why the Singapore Consulate told me that they can only confirm my appointment after they have received the Medical Examination. 

Are you able to share some of the interview questions? I am EB2, so I expect that they will be asking me about my employment history and qualifications etc. but not sure what else they would ask. 

Did they ask your spouse any questions? My spouse is a bit nervous and wants to prepare for the interview.

The interview was very informal for me. Kinda like catching up with a friend. In the room, there were 8 counters and I think family based visas were served by counters 7 and 8. We were able to sit and wait instead of being in a queue. When the officer was ready, they will call out your name. My spouse wasn't required to be there. The questions were simple, asking about when and how we met, what were our jobs, where and when did we get married, if we have kids, what I'd want to do in the US, where I'd live.

Counters 1-6 were for travel/business/student visas from what I observed. They had to queue up, go to counter 1, then counter 2, before getting interviewed at counter 3-6. I dont know what they asked for at counters 1 and 2, but I imagine they were checking documents.

It was a little strange during the interview to be spilling personal details or plans with so many strangers behind you. There's a glass barrier between you and the officer, so people were speaking loud enough for the officer to hear. It was also loud enough for me to hear all about some of the applicant's travel plans, visa type, family details.

I think if you're honest and concise, you'll both will be fine. Arrive early as there is a initial check outside the embassy regarding your interview appointment. And you'll also have to go through security where they took my phone, portable charger, and earphones.

Edited by FJT

26 minutes ago, MJ21 said:

Hi Jin Lee Sin,

I believe your original interview was in Feb, and because of that Medical clinic fiasco you had to reschedule your interview date. How did that process work? Were you able to just reschedule through CGI? I can’t see any dates at all in my case, just a note saying we will get a response via email.

Yes. I was able to reschedule my interview by myself, however they just opened only 01 available slot for me to reschedule after they got my medical report. 

In your case, after they send a confirmation email then you would able to see your DATE which appointed by U.S Embassy. 

5 minutes ago, Jin Lee Sin said:

Yes. I was able to reschedule my interview by myself, however they just opened only 01 available slot for me to reschedule after they got my medical report. 

In your case, after they send a confirmation email then you would able to see your DATE which appointed by U.S Embassy. 

Thanks a lot for that! When did you eventually get your medical done and submitted? We got ours done on Monday, but waiting for the actual submission to happen. Do they give you a slot right after medical is done, or is there a few days waiting period before they come back with a date? Apologies in advance for the many questions.

8 minutes ago, MJ21 said:

Thanks a lot for that! When did you eventually get your medical done and submitted? We got ours done on Monday, but waiting for the actual submission to happen. Do they give you a slot right after medical is done, or is there a few days waiting period before they come back with a date? Apologies in advance for the many questions.

Clinic submitting your report to Us Embassy within a week. Next Monday you can email to embassy to inform ,they will reply with a link to reschedule interview date. 

5 hours ago, ARSN said:

I got DQ`d on March 27th follow to join based on my spouses EB1. Do I fall under IR/family or EB? When can I expect interview letter and interview? Thank you.

I’d think this would be under EB… wait time for the letter could be 2-4 weeks more, and interview about a month after the letter.. 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:00 PM, MJ21 said:

I’d think this would be under EB… wait time for the letter could be 2-4 weeks more, and interview about a month after the letter.. 

Idk if things have sped up since, but it took 5 months from DQ to IL for me, and 6 months from DQ to Interview.

EB2.

7 hours ago, MJ21 said:

Folks who have already completed their interviews.. is there a waiting area before security for people accompanying the interviewees? 

I ask because, the appointment email says that mobile phones are not allowed inside the embassy. Do the security office keep the phone for you? I believe there’s lockers on first come first serve basis for larger electronics, but wasn’t sure what to do with mobile phones

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.