bellez214

Physician Medical Exam in Singapore cant be reached

210 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, MJ21 said:

I ask because, the appointment email says that mobile phones are not allowed inside the embassy. Do the security office keep the phone for you? I believe there’s lockers on first come first serve basis for larger electronics, but wasn’t sure what to do with mobile phones

Hello, how did your interview go? 

We just had our medical today and the physician (Dr. Chew) and staff were all very pleasant. We paid $500.04 each ($330 for Medical, $116 for CXR, $17 for Syphilis (VDRL), $37.04 GST). Was told it would take around 2-3 days for VDRL to be processed.

Edited by SGtoMurica

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

2 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

We just had our medical today and the physician (Dr. Chew) and staff were all very pleasant. We paid $500.04 each ($330 for Medical, $116 for CXR, $17 for Syphilis (VDRL), $37.04 GST). Was told it would take around 2-3 days for VDRL to be processed.

We got a 221g, they need a singapore police certificate, we were borderline on that 6 month cut off for police certificates. The wait time to get a fingerprinting is 3 weeks, our fingerprint appointment is on the 24th of May, so looking at an almost one month delay. Any ideas on expediting the fingerprinting, wondering if we can do a walk in and make a request.

1 hour ago, MJ21 said:

We got a 221g, they need a singapore police certificate, we were borderline on that 6 month cut off for police certificates. The wait time to get a fingerprinting is 3 weeks, our fingerprint appointment is on the 24th of May, so looking at an almost one month delay. Any ideas on expediting the fingerprinting, wondering if we can do a walk in and make a request.

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. 

I thought police certificates are valid for 2 years from issue? This excerpt is taken from the NVC Website: "Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued."

7 minutes ago, SGtoMurica said:

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. 

I thought police certificates are valid for 2 years from issue? This excerpt is taken from the NVC Website: "Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued."

Yeah just another hurdle to jump. We didn’t get one because my wife hadn’t been in singapore for full 6 months, as at the original interview date. But by the revised date, it was 6 months and a few days, so they do require it now.

2 minutes ago, MJ21 said:

Yeah just another hurdle to jump. We didn’t get one because my wife hadn’t been in singapore for full 6 months, as at the original interview date. But by the revised date, it was 6 months and a few days, so they do require it now.

OMG. I'm so sorry to hear that. That is so frustrating. I assume your wife is a non-Singaporean? So she will have to appeal  for a COC then have fingerprints recorded etc?

Otherwise, if she is a Singaporean, then the Police Certificate takes less than 1 week if I recall correctly. 

Do you know what the 221g process entails? Once she obtains her SG Police Certificate, will you have to attend another interview or will they just issue the visa and "packet" immediately? Will they hold onto your passports in the interim so you can't travel?  

image.thumb.png.d92df78f35e000b46a965075cd5cae61.png

36 minutes ago, SGtoMurica said:

OMG. I'm so sorry to hear that. That is so frustrating. I assume your wife is a non-Singaporean? So she will have to appeal  for a COC then have fingerprints recorded etc?

Otherwise, if she is a Singaporean, then the Police Certificate takes less than 1 week if I recall correctly. 

Do you know what the 221g process entails? Once she obtains her SG Police Certificate, will you have to attend another interview or will they just issue the visa and "packet" immediately? Will they hold onto your passports in the interim so you can't travel?  

image.thumb.png.d92df78f35e000b46a965075cd5cae61.png

Yeah she has to do the fingerprinting. Luckily the 221g process is just to submit the documents and passport, they don’t hold the passport. So the sooner you have the docs, the sooner you get it sorted.

15 minutes ago, MJ21 said:

Yeah she has to do the fingerprinting. Luckily the 221g process is just to submit the documents and passport, they don’t hold the passport. So the sooner you have the docs, the sooner you get it sorted.

I think Singapore is quite accommodating to folks in difficult/unfortunate situations such as yours, so might be worthwhile reaching out to SPD to expedite the process in that case.

1 minute ago, SGtoMurica said:

I think Singapore is quite accommodating to folks in difficult/unfortunate situations such as yours, so might be worthwhile reaching out to SPD to expedite the process in that case.

Yeah that’s been my past experience, they are always nice and accommodating. We are going to try a walk in and see if it works..

23 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

It was mentioned upthread that Syphilis testing is only required for those aged 18-24, is this true?

Also, I see you did not need the $117 Tdap or $75 chicken pox vaccination, was that because you had proof that you were up to date on those vaccinations, or… ?

19 hours ago, MJ21 said:

Yeah that’s been my past experience, they are always nice and accommodating. We are going to try a walk in and see if it works..

Yes, I would try that! And try different locations. I'm sure one of them will empathize with you and allow it

1 hour ago, ujongjoe said:

It was mentioned upthread that Syphilis testing is only required for those aged 18-24, is this true?

Also, I see you did not need the $117 Tdap or $75 chicken pox vaccination, was that because you had proof that you were up to date on those vaccinations, or… ?

Apparently its only Gonorrhea/Chlamydia that is required for age 18-24. Syphilis is required for all ages. The staff had it reversed. Syphilis is also the cheaper one. Gonorrhea is much more expensive because it is a PCR test.

Yes, I had proof of TDaP vaccine (within last 10 years) and Varicella immunity (IgG; valid for lifetime), so didn't need to pay for those. 

Edited by SGtoMurica

16 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

Apparently its only Gonorrhea/Chlamydia that is required for age 18-24. Syphilis is required for all ages. The staff had it reversed. Syphilis is also the cheaper one. Gonorrhea is much more expensive because it is a PCR test.

Yes, I had proof of TDaP vaccine (within last 10 years) and Varicella immunity (IgG; valid for lifetime), so didn't need to pay for those. 

Thanks for the info. Did they require any other vaccination or immunity proof besides those?

My wife hasn’t had a vaccination (other than Covid) since childhood, and not sure she has any records (around 40 years ago). 

3 hours ago, ujongjoe said:

Thanks for the info. Did they require any other vaccination or immunity proof besides those?

My wife hasn’t had a vaccination (other than Covid) since childhood, and not sure she has any records (around 40 years ago). 

Assuming your wife is between the ages of 18 - 64 years, here are the vaccines / proof of immunity needed:

1. Tdap/Td (every 10 years)
  2. Measles, Mumps, Rubella
  3. Hepatitis B
  4. COVID-19 ("fully vaccinated"; no boosters needed)
  5. Influenza (yearly)

image.thumb.png.0ccfd72b04901fa2c12f246ceb601b13.png

7 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

Assuming your wife is between the ages of 18 - 64 years, here are the vaccines / proof of immunity needed:

3. Hepatitis B
  4. COVID-19 ("fully vaccinated"; no boosters needed)
  5. Influenza (yearly)

image.thumb.png.0ccfd72b04901fa2c12f246ceb601b13.png

Thanks!

Also looks like #6 - Varicella. She has pock marks, but probably not sufficient.

I read somewhere Influenza is only required seasonally, Oct 1 - Mar 31 but not sure if that has changed.

1 hour ago, ujongjoe said:

Thanks!

Also looks like #6 - Varicella. She has pock marks, but probably not sufficient.

I read somewhere Influenza is only required seasonally, Oct 1 - Mar 31 but not sure if that has changed.

Yes knew I was missing something. Pock marks will not suffice unfortunately. 

3. Varicella
  4. Hepatitis B
  5. COVID-19 ("fully vaccinated"; no boosters needed)
  6. Influenza (yearly)

I took the flu vaccine because I was DQ'ed in October. I also didn't want to risk any delays in the processing of my case over a single shot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.