bellez214

Physician Medical Exam in Singapore cant be reached

210 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2023 at 12:23 PM, SGtoMurica said:

Do you know if we are able to bring our own quantiferon gold for TB done recently, and our own blood tests? Thanks.

Is IMC Candem the only one that can process e-filing at the moment? 

Yes bring whatever you have and let the doctor decide. i brought my previous blood test but it was more than a year ago.

3 hours ago, FJT said:

sorry - no idea.

Syphillis S$17 and Varicella Zoster (Chickenpox immunity) S$75 - both prices are before GST

Thanks very much. Was the varicella zoster blood test ordered because you didn't have proof of immunity/vaccine? 

Otherwise, I think the exam for most people should be cheaper at $463 ($330 medical exam, $116 chest x-ray, and $17 syphilis).

On 4/1/2023 at 8:04 PM, FJT said:

My medical was on 21 March. The blood test results was sent to me later that night. The Dr then informed me on 23 March that they have sent my medical results to embassy and that my chest x-ray was normal.

When the IMC doctor said that they sent your results to the Consulate on March 23, does that mean that the Consulate already has the results on March 23, or it still takes 5 calendar days (March 28)?

Sorry for asking so many questions. It determines if I have to cancel 1 or 2 weeks of appointments to fly back to SG for this. Thank you.

Edited by SGtoMurica

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

5 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

Thanks very much. Was the varicella zoster blood test ordered because you didn't have proof of immunity/vaccine? 

Otherwise, I think the exam for most people should be cheaper at $463 ($330 medical exam, $116 chest x-ray, and $17 syphilis).

When the IMC doctor said that they sent your results to the Consulate on March 23, does that mean that the Consulate already has the results on March 23, or it still takes 5 calendar days (March 28)?

Sorry for asking so many questions. It determines if I have to cancel 1 or 2 weeks of appointments to fly back to SG for this. Thank you.

Yes I wasn't able to prove I had immunity and the dr decided to order the blood test.

I dont know if when the consulate receives it after Dr sends the results over. I imagine it was instantaneous since it was e-filling. When he was asking me a bunch of medical history questions, it was on a web platform so I imagine the Dr just had to submit through there. I suppose you can email the consulate for more concrete details

On 4/4/2023 at 7:44 AM, FJT said:

Yes I wasn't able to prove I had immunity and the dr decided to order the blood test.

I dont know if when the consulate receives it after Dr sends the results over. I imagine it was instantaneous since it was e-filling. When he was asking me a bunch of medical history questions, it was on a web platform so I imagine the Dr just had to submit through there. I suppose you can email the consulate for more concrete details

From what I’ve read previously, it is sufficient for the doctor to make a determination of chicken pox immunity based purely on physical evidence of pox scars. Not sure if that has changed. 

1 hour ago, ujongjoe said:

From what I’ve read previously, it is sufficient for the doctor to make a determination of chicken pox immunity based purely on physical evidence of pox scars. Not sure if that has changed. 

Haha I highly doubt that is allowed in this day and age. 

On 4/4/2023 at 7:29 AM, SGtoMurica said:

How long does it take for the Consulate to return our passport our your interview?

I emailed the Consulate and was told that it takes approximately 1 week for them to return the passport after the interview. 

For those of you with past experience though, do you know how long it actually took? I'm hoping to book my return flight 4 days after (2 business days, 2 weekends) but not sure if this is too tight.

On 3/21/2023 at 3:42 AM, FJT said:

Just done with my medical. The doctor checked for the covid vaccinations.

The doctor will determine if you or your baby require any vaccinations. After the medical exam with the doctor, you will get the vaccinations by a nurse.

If you want to save money, get a flu vaccine elsewhere before the appointment and bring along the vaccine certificate. I recently got a free flu vaccine via my company's health plan. The doctor would have ordered for a flu vaccine if I haven't had one in the past 6 months.

In total I paid S$ 702 at IMC Camden.

Prices excluding GST in SGD

$330 ‐ medical exam

$116 - chest x-ray

$75 + $17 - 2 blood tests

$112 - TDap vaccine booster

To add onto the above costs, if between the ages of 18-24, Syphilis testing is needed and this will cost $202 SGD + GST.

We got hit with some bad news over night. Our appointment was cancelled by the embassy due to “manpower issues”. Embassy has asked us to reschedule via the ustraveldocs website. That puts us in more uncertainty again, not clear when we will get an appointment. We feel like we’ve been put in the back of the queue again. Anyone going through this?

6 hours ago, MJ21 said:

We got hit with some bad news over night. Our appointment was cancelled by the embassy due to “manpower issues”. Embassy has asked us to reschedule via the ustraveldocs website. That puts us in more uncertainty again, not clear when we will get an appointment. We feel like we’ve been put in the back of the queue again. Anyone going through this?

Have you already flown from Canada to Singapore? What is your priority date? Do you think your case was rescheduled due to recent F2A retrogressions?

My interview is scheduled for May 10th and haven't been notified about any rescheduling.

Edited by SGtoMurica

2 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

Have you already flown from Canada to Singapore? What is your priority date? Do you think your case was rescheduled due to recent F2A retrogressions?

My interview is scheduled for May 10th and haven't been notified about any rescheduling.

Yeah literally on our way. We were not impacted by the retrogressions, our priority date was sep 2019. When did you get the letter for the May 10 interview date, if I may ask? I’d think if anyone is impacted, it’s probably people having interviews in the next few days.

2 hours ago, MJ21 said:

Yeah literally on our way. We were not impacted by the retrogressions, our priority date was sep 2019. When did you get the letter for the May 10 interview date, if I may ask? I’d think if anyone is impacted, it’s probably people having interviews in the next few days.

I'm glad you were unaffected by the retrogressions. Seems like another retrogression is planned for many EB categories in May 2023 Bulletin.

Yes, I got my IL on March 31, for May 10th. Singapore is reporting a significant rise in the number of COVID-19 cases, so I wonder if this is the cause of the manpower shortage. If it is, then I suspect that things will continue to worsen in the weeks to come...

Edited by SGtoMurica

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.