Jas10001

Tourist visa revoked but not my working vis

18 posts in this topic

Hi. I would like to ask if anyone here knows if it is possible that i can work on a cruise ship, having my working bisa okay while my tourist visa is revoked. Cause ive already signed a contract to work on a cruise ship, but i was denied due to mya revoked visa, which some says that working visa is different from a tourist visa. Am i still able to work abroad?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Do you currently have a work visa that is valid?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the way the cruise ships work is 

fly the person to the port

person works the length of contract and then is flown back to his home

u do need work visa

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/crewmember-visa.html

That is the site for the D Crew member visa

The transit visa (C-1/D visa) allows crew members of airlines or employees on ships to enter the United States on a temporary basis.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You're good. 2 separate visas that are independent 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

jan22 i really dont know why. Im cofused. Theres no reason given to me that time, but i guess.. that time the ones who got a sinovac vaccine were separated and im one of those and we were send back to where we belong. And i guess they dont believe me that im just going to visit for a month to my relative (having my working visa) and maybe due to my  show money wasnt enough. 

Filed: Timeline

Who is "they"?  I mean, who revoked your visa? 

Was your visa marked with any code or any numbers/letters?  If so, what were they?  (That should explain why the visa was revoked). 

Are you sure the visa was actually revoked or were you, perhaps, just denied boarding a plane because of your COVID vaccine/test status at the time?

jan22 my visa was written with red marker 'Revoked' and underneath has 22cfr written too

' They' the immigration officer i was spoken to. Im already at California that time when my visa got revoked, im fron Philippines. It was a Connecting flight heading to Vegas. When i was in Cali i was sent back to Ph.

10 hours ago, Jas10001 said:

jan22 my visa was written with red marker 'Revoked' and underneath has 22cfr written too

' They' the immigration officer i was spoken to. Im already at California that time when my visa got revoked, im fron Philippines. It was a Connecting flight heading to Vegas. When i was in Cali i was sent back to Ph.

What was your status when you entered CalifornIa -- that is, what visa did you use to enter?  And, how long had you been in the US? Or had you just flown in and we're connecting to go to Vegas?  (This would mean you weren't actually admitted to the US, i.e., that you were denied entry to the US.)

What numbers, if any,  followed the "22cfr"? 

What was tbe purpose of your trip to Vegas and what did you tell the offficer?

What happened after you were denied boarding for the flight to Vegas? Were you allowed to remain in CA or did you have to leave the US?

jan22

I use my tourist visa, i just want to visit my relative for a month in 2021 that was dec, i had visited them on 2019 ive stayed there for a month. I had my valid tourist visa 10yrs validity.

Im a crusie ship employee for about 25yrs, with valid working visa too.

From ph inhad connecting flight in Cali going to Vegas, mu visa got revoked when i was in Cali and was about to transfer heading to Vegas.

I just told them i want to visit my relative. After they revoked my visa i was send back to ph. They had me booked for a flght going back to ph

On 1/27/2023 at 7:59 PM, Jas10001 said:

jan22

I use my tourist visa, i just want to visit my relative for a month in 2021 that was dec, i had visited them on 2019 ive stayed there for a month. I had my valid tourist visa 10yrs validity.

Im a crusie ship employee for about 25yrs, with valid working visa too.

From ph inhad connecting flight in Cali going to Vegas, mu visa got revoked when i was in Cali and was about to transfer heading to Vegas.

I just told them i want to visit my relative. After they revoked my visa i was send back to ph. They had me booked for a flght going back to ph

So, you were denied entry into the US and returned to the Philipines, right?  Do you remenber if they used the term "voIuntaary departure" or "expedited removal"?  Who booked the flight to send you back?  And, who paid for the flight back?

Also, you didn't answer whether there were other numbers after the "22 CFR" in your passport.

Edited by jan22

jan22 yes i was denied continuing my flight when i was in Cali my connecting fligjt to Vegas. I was returned immediately back to Philippines. The immgration booked my flight, i ddnt spend any penny for my flight. They paid for it.

i dont remember any word you said, they dong even explain why my visa got revoked, i only had assumption in my mind, many 'maybe' 

too saf i cant work on board because of my revoked visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.