TreeGreen

Civil Surgeon fees Seattle 2023, who has had this done?

11 posts in this topic

Making a post about Civil Surgeon fees in Seattle for 2023.

Before making a new post I searched and it seems last post on this was over 10 years ago in 2012.
Looking for a doctor who will do the transcription for section 10 for I-693, the vaccine part. As was the problem a decade ago, some of the doctors want to charge $250-$300 like they would for the full medical, when just need to the vax part.
If anyone has had experience lately, please share. Thanks!

Here is a post about it in 2012.

Your best bet is to take the online list and call them. 

There aren't many. You'll likely get a response faster than polling the drop in the ocean of filers that actually follow VJ.

You may have to weigh the cost of traveling out of state as CSs can charge what they like hence the reason for completing the medical overseas at your panel physician before K1 embassy interview. 

6 hours ago, TreeGreen said:

Have called a couple of them. A lot of them went to voicemail. One didn't want to do just vax part. Other wanted to charge $300. Will be calling the rest this week. Will update the board here.

Finding somebody wanting to do just the vax or full medical under $300 may be challenging. This is the price to pay unfortunately. Think how much that doctor gets per hour and their missed opportunity if they serve somebody for under $300. I would understand if the prices you were given were 500-800-1000. But 300 is reasonable nowadays.

Edited by OldUser

19 hours ago, OldUser said:

Finding somebody wanting to do just the vax or full medical under $300 may be challenging. This is the price to pay unfortunately. Think how much that doctor gets per hour and their missed opportunity if they serve somebody for under $300. I would understand if the prices you were given were 500-800-1000. But 300 is reasonable nowadays.

There are only 4 vax to check for an adult.
Tdep

MMR

Influenza (if in season)

Varicella (which is un needed if have had chiken pox)

The medical assistant can check the records the patient provides, the doctor just has to sign off, like 5 mins.
Their time is valuable but they are not brain surgeons. Two of the doctors I called actually answered their own phone.

Will not pay $300 for a paperwork check.  Will share with board when find someone who is reasonable.

Edited by TreeGreen

1 hour ago, TreeGreen said:

There are only 4 vax to check for an adult.

6 required for adult applicants up to 59 years old -- Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Flu (seasonal), COVID-19.

CDC vaccination table here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/vaccinations.html#tbl1

7 hours ago, Chancy said:

6 required for adult applicants up to 59 years old -- Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Flu (seasonal), COVID-19.

CDC vaccination table here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/vaccinations.html#tbl1

Is Varicella required if you have history of chickenpox in your childhood?

24 minutes ago, Lusha said:

Is Varicella required if you have history of chickenpox in your childhood?

The civil surgeon will probably take your word for it about getting chickenpox before, and not require Varicella vaccine.

9 hours ago, Chancy said:

Yep I missed the the Hep B.
 Yes covid, in my mind I was thinking of one people probably had as a kid but don't have records for.

• 2 months later...

Ok a follow up on this as promised.

Rainier Occupational and Family Medical Center
1400 South Jackson Street
Seattle WA

They are listed on the USCIS find a civil surgeon page.

They charge $90 for transcription.
You bring proof of all your shots. You put in the info you need to in the form, they will fill out their part for section 10 and give you it in a sealed envelope.

Edited by TreeGreen

These doctors they certify are clowns. Handful on the list in my area no longer do it, others say they cant just do the vaccination record and that the original doctor has to do it even though I'm telling them the government website says they can and one wants $600 for full examination. Ridiculous how limited the choices are

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.