apgk

Translations for documents

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
The USCIS will need those same documents translated for your AOS so why not meet the more stringent requirements?
Like I said before, the foreign police certificate is not needed for USCIS, thus making your argument mute.

I can see why your wife wanted to spend the summer in Russia.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The USCIS will need those same documents translated for your AOS so why not meet the more stringent requirements?
Like I said before, the foreign police certificate is not needed for USCIS, thus making your argument mute.

I can see why your wife wanted to spend the summer in Russia.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware Mexicans were now getting visas through Moscow (or anywhere else, for that matter) or had other "Russia" related anything.... oh, you must've just clicked on "view recent posts" like the rest of the "visitors." My bad. Please, keep coming here and insulting our members. You're more than welcome!

Visitors don't usually stay here too long, and that's too bad. Their posts are so helpful! Just like the one above. Reminds me of a saying my wife likes:

"Tishiny zolota."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Well put slim, it seems there is some confusion regarding what documents are needed when. I hope my 2 cents(and that is all you getting in the christmas vacation fund slim) will help.

My wife and I just completed her AOS 3 weeks ago(Green(er yellow) card arrived yesterday). The interviewer nor our packet had a translated or not translated police certificate from Russia. The police certificate is only required for the visa, AOS is a completely different process, so please try not to confuse people with nonsensical advice.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think we are all a bunch of nearvous ninnys sometimes and I agree the wording on the embassy website is not clear. I do agree with city. The police report does not need to be translated. For the record on my first K-1 the police report was not translated and I had no problems with it. When we have our interview in Sept her police report also will not be translated. I have read a lot of posts here and never heard of anyone in the Russia section (or any other) getting a 221-G over a police report translation.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The police certificate DOES NOT need to be translated, unlike birth certificate, which requires the translation.

This is from first-hand experience and based on the experience to friends of mine. There has NEVER been an issue with it.

Provided it is a Russian police certificate. If it is from another country in another language then it must be translated.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
The police certificate DOES NOT need to be translated, unlike birth certificate, which requires the translation.

This is from first-hand experience and based on the experience to friends of mine. There has NEVER been an issue with it.

Provided it is a Russian police certificate. If it is from another country in another language then it must be translated.

Absolutely correct!!!

Timeline
The interviewer nor our packet had a translated or not translated police certificate from Russia. The police certificate is only required for the visa, AOS is a completely different process, so please try not to confuse people with nonsensical advice.

The police report does not need to be translated. For the record on my first K-1 the police report was not translated and I had no problems with it. When we have our interview in Sept her police report also will not be translated. I have read a lot of posts here and never heard of anyone in the Russia section (or any other) getting a 221-G over a police report translation.
Where were you guys when I alone was trying to explain to the confused poster how a translation is not required?

And believe it or not, this question has been popping up on the Russian form for at least the three years that I have been here! And aparently I have been the only one, yet unsuccessfully trying to convince those folks to do nothing with the police certificate except getting the right one.

Timeline
Where were you guys when I alone was trying to explain to the confused poster how a translation is not required?

And believe it or not, this question has been popping up on the Russian form for at least the three years that I have been here! And aparently I have been the only one, yet unsuccessfully trying to convince those folks to do nothing with the police certificate except getting the right one.

Sorry, Sat! We should have come forward with it earlier. You did sound pretty convincing on your own, taking into consideration your background and your reputation here.

Reading through here guys, I see what we need.

We need a "Guides" section specifically for the Russian visa process. I'm sure if we created one, we could have it pinned by Ewok or another Admin guy. We could also get the "Maps" pinned and things like "Required Documents", "Translations", etc.

Kind of like the generic "guides" section for everyone, but with specifics for people going through the Moscow embassy. Maybe we could do something like that this weekend. Or, we could all chip in and get a list going.

Thoughts..... Ideas.... is it even necessary?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

We need a "Guides" section specifically for the Russian visa process. I'm sure if we created one, we could have it pinned by Ewok or another Admin guy. We could also get the "Maps" pinned and things like "Required Documents", "Translations", etc.

Kind of like the generic "guides" section for everyone, but with specifics for people going through the Moscow embassy. Maybe we could do something like that this weekend. Or, we could all chip in and get a list going.

Correct me if I am wrong, but these laws and rules change so often that this guide or list will be useless pretty soon!!! And with the way Russian international policy is going, there may be no point in the whole process what's so ever.

Correct me if I am wrong, but these laws and rules change so often that this guide or list will be useless pretty soon!!! And with the way Russian international policy is going, there may be no point in the whole process what's so ever.

So, better then to just stay with the current method of read and re-read old threads, then ask questions and hope the people that went through it three years ago still know what they're talking about?

Things have (and always are) changing, but there's a basic process involved here and it seems to me it would be helpful to the newbies if we had a pinned thread that said:

Welcome to the Russia forum. If you're doing a K-1 through Moscow, you're story will be something like this:

Meet Russian fiance(e) in person

Assemble and File K-1 Visa packet (to include I-129F, G-325A, etc., etc., etc.,) through U.S. service center

Russian fiance must

Now that I'm typing it all out... I realize I don't want to be the one to make this "Guide" section after all. Somebody else do it! (Or, as CityCat suggested... Don't do it!)

Русский форум член.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
The interviewer nor our packet had a translated or not translated police certificate from Russia. The police certificate is only required for the visa, AOS is a completely different process, so please try not to confuse people with nonsensical advice.

The police report does not need to be translated. For the record on my first K-1 the police report was not translated and I had no problems with it. When we have our interview in Sept her police report also will not be translated. I have read a lot of posts here and never heard of anyone in the Russia section (or any other) getting a 221-G over a police report translation.

:) I was that confused poster.

However, you do agree that text on US embassy website is contradictory and non specific. One would have to come to an implied conclusion rather then a clear direct conclusion in this specific case. ;)

Timeline
One would have to come to an implied conclusion rather then a clear direct conclusion in this specific case. ;)
Welcome to the world of law!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think you would find to be really complete it takes a lot of work. I did one for another forum and it was not easy. The forum I did it for is a general forum for men in relationships with Russian Women and I did thier offical guide to the k-1 visa. After I finished I kept thinking of so many things I missed that I could have spent a few more hours on it but it is pretty complete.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.