kiwirst

N-400 Application - Additional Evidence

33 posts in this topic

Filing today and wanted to know what additional evidence I should be including to support my application.

Is it still things like tax returns, bank statements, mortgage statements, basically anything that shows marriage-based evidence?

I have started a couple of businesses as well, should I include the certificate of good standing for them?

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

Is it still things like tax returns, bank statements, mortgage statements, basically anything that shows marriage-based evidence?

yes 

2 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

I have started a couple of businesses as well, should I include the certificate of good standing for them?

No

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

yes 

No

How many mortgage statements etc is enough? 

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

How many mortgage statements etc is enough? 

We don’t have a mortgage but we sent one  statement for each joint account for every three months.  

We also included one  statement for each joint account for each of the  three months preceding filing N-400. This was for evidence of continuous residency of 3 months in the state where we filed N-400.  

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

We don’t have a mortgage but we sent one  statement for each joint account for every three months.  

We also included one  statement for each joint account for each of the  three months preceding filing N-400. This was for evidence of continuous residency of 3 months in the state where we filed N-400.  

So you submitted 4 statements per year going back 3 years?

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

So you submitted 4 statements per year going back 3 years?

Yes.  We included all our I-751 evidence plus

* another 4 statements for each  joint account for the year after we filed I-751

* Since we filed N-400 in November 2022, we also had statements for October, September, and August to show that the applicant resided in Arizona for 3 months before filing. Since we changed states between filing I-751 and filing N-400

Edited by Mike E

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Yes.  We included all our I-751 evidence plus

* another 4 statements for each  joint account for the year after we filed I-751

* Since we filed N-400 in November 2022, we also had statements for October, September, and August to show that the applicant resided in Arizona for 3 months before filing. 

My I-751 evidence is from 2013, not sure I should include that.

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

New problem, we refinanced our mortgage in early 2020 and I can't access those statements anymore. My current mortgage statements go back to August 2020, will that be enough?

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

My I-751 evidence is from 2013, not sure I should include that.

You should not.  

If your  I-751 was from 2013, then you don’t need joint account statements. File under the 5 year rule. It is simpler. 

Edited by Mike E

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You should not.  

If your  I-751 was from 2013, then you don’t need joint account statements. File under the 5 year rule. It is simpler. 

Thanks Mike E, I'm sorry for all the questions but I feel more evidence is better.

Just to clarify, I don't need joint accounts evidence because of how old my I-751 filing is?

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

Timeline
Just now, kiwirst said:

Thanks Mike E, I'm sorry for all the questions but I feel more evidence is better.

Just to clarify, I don't need joint accounts evidence because of how old my I-751 filing is?

When filing N-400 on the basis of being married 3 years to a U.S. citizen, you need evidence of bonafide marital union. 

You have obviously been an LPR for more than 5 years. You do not have to provide evidence of bonafide marital union for the past 3 years 

File under 5 year rule. The evidence required  for most cases is light.  5 years of the most recent IRS tax transcripts. And some people don’t even have to provide that. 

When filing N-400 on the basis of being married 3 years to a U.S. citizen, you need evidence of bonafide marital union. 

You have obviously been an LPR for more than 5 years. You do not have to provide evidence of bonafide marital union for the past 3 years 

File under 5 year rule. The evidence required  for most cases is light.  5 years of the most recent IRS tax transcripts. And some people don’t even have to provide that. 

Filing under the 5 year rule, I've added tax returns from 2021 back to 2017 as well as mortgage statements back to when we refinanced to our current mortgage provider.

As long as I scan in my court records I should have enough right?

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

mortgage statements back to when we refinanced to our current mortgage provider.

I don’t see a point to this. When I filed N-400 under the 5 year rule in didn’t include my mortgage statements. 

As long as I scan in my court records I should have enough right?

If you  have a criminal record then it is questionable as to whether you should file N-400. 

Edited by Mike E

I don’t see a post to this. 

If you  have a criminal record then it is questionable as to whether you should file N-400. 

I don't see why a misdemeanor traffic offense that was almost 10 years ago should be an issue?

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

I don't see why a misdemeanor traffic offense that was almost 10 years ago should be an issue?

That’s a topic of discussion between your lawyer and you.  Misdemeanors are crimes. And this is not DIY.  

Edited by Mike E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.