AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, meladee said:

All K1 filers being processed in California - people are scraping the actual updates from USCIS, so the data is not self-reported (a common misconception when this info is shared on other sites!).

This makes me feel a lot better. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Quimat said:

Are these numbers just for VJ members or all K1 filers in general? I see so much positivity and hope on here and then on the FB forums everyone is upset and stressed and have been waiting since late 2021 with nothing. I hate to get excited for nothing 😕

Yeah fb is hella negative, I kinda get it but it's not a fun atmosphere. I think it's okay to be cautiously hopeful, things are finally moving in the right direction. Just have to hope you're in the first 50% what it gets a little depressing

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline

I see youre a Nov 2022 filer @Quimat

You have to remember a lot of 2021 filers filed when it was 6-9 months and saw it increase to 15.5months so have been waiting 6-9months longer than they expected so they're used to being disappointed. I think we'll end up just under a yr for our NOA2 but will take a month+ to get a good idea of trend. 

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sou said:

So late 😫 i was hoping for February

I keep checking to see if it's there. I want it sooner than later too!

I tell myself that if delaying this in favor of processing cases is the trade-off I'll take the cases. Not sure what their process is for getting this done. I would think they'd be able to automate it...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naterson said:

I keep checking to see if it's there. I want it sooner than later too!

I tell myself that if delaying this in favor of processing cases is the trade-off I'll take the cases. Not sure what their process is for getting this done. I would think they'd be able to automate it...

Glad im not the only one impatient for it! 😂

yeah but knowing USCIS is anything automate with them? 😒😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
23 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Fun fact, before COVID and things got all out of wack with the backlog. USCIS was processing around 1,100/1,200 cases PER WEEK! I think we see them surpass those figures for a little bit if they are serious about getting the backlog down and processing times back to the ~6-9/months.  

Where did you found this info? 

1 minute ago, Sou said:

Where did you found this info? 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/reports/Quarterly_All_Forms_FY2019Q4.pdf 

I pulled this from USCIS FY2019 until the most recent data they have released. Before COVID they were processing (approved and denied) ~16k cases per quarter, that works out to ~1,150/week. What they are doing now isn't out of the norm for normal operations, but it hasn't been what they have processed since before the pandemic. 

Timeline

Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread – I am a June 2022 filer, so I was expecting to wait over a year for any movement, but watching the USCIS wait times creep up over the past half a year has been miserable. Reading all this has given me a little bit of hope. I really appreciate your attention and your work, and I hope we all get where we're going as quickly as we can.

Sent: June 13 2022

Received: June 16 2022

NOA1: June 17 2022

NOA2: June 26 2023

NVC Received: July 27 2023 (approx)

Case Number Received: August 17 2023

1 minute ago, wav_m said:

Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread – I am a June 2022 filer, so I was expecting to wait over a year for any movement, but watching the USCIS wait times creep up over the past half a year has been miserable. Reading all this has given me a little bit of hope. I really appreciate your attention and your work, and I hope we all get where we're going as quickly as we can.

We are all in this together!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, asleepydoctor said:

do you guys know when the quarterly report will be released? the one from Oct '22 - Jan2023?

Should be anytime within the next 5 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naterson said:

Would love to see 16k cases/quarter!

I would too! If only because it would be first for USCIS :)

Instead, my timeline fell back by a week in the last week. 🤡

Either we're celebrating a dead-cat bounce or VJ algorithms (based on everyone faithfully updating their timelines) are off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.