DarkKiss

One NVC Pending in My Checking Account 3 times.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

So I went to CEAC and paid both fees. But when I was trying to pay the $120 for AOS, it kept giving me an error message, so I tried again. The third time it accepted. When I checked my bank account this morning I saw the $120 pending payment three times when it should only be one. I don’t want to have bank dispute because this will cause a big problem.  How can I fix this? Who can I call? Is there an email that I can send and to whom can I send it? Desperate. Can’t afford to pay fees 3X.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, DarkKiss said:

So I went to CEAC and paid both fees. But when I was trying to pay the $120 for AOS, it kept giving me an error message, so I tried again. The third time it accepted. When I checked my bank account this morning I saw the $120 pending payment three times when it should only be one. I don’t want to have bank dispute because this will cause a big problem.  How can I fix this? Who can I call? Is there an email that I can send and to whom can I send it? Desperate. Can’t afford to pay fees 3X.

Wait and see what changes from pending to processed. Usually the duplicate will not be processed.. it just means the system tried and failed to process one fee .. then tried again. Give it 3-4 days .. if it does process all 3, call the bank and get them to reverse them 

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

Wait and see what changes from pending to processed. Usually the duplicate will not be processed.. it just means the system tried and failed to process one fee .. then tried again. Give it 3-4 days .. if it does process all 3, call the bank and get them to reverse them 

Thanks so much Lil bear. I was shocked to see in the account that quick because many people have said that it takes a few days. So you can imagine the shock I got when I saw when I saw it processing 3X. I pray you are right and it just falls off.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

go to the bank and put a stop on 2 of them  /  easier than trying to work thru immigration when u can't call them and they are slow to respond to emails 

if the 3 payments go thru,  u have 30 days to dispute the pay outs

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

go to the bank and put a stop on 2 of them  /  easier than trying to work thru immigration when u can't call them and they are slow to respond to emails 

if the 3 payments go thru,  u have 30 days to dispute the pay outs

Im afraid that if I put a stop, which means I will have to dispute the payments, it may cause a problem with the actual legitimate payment.  You would think that NVC would be smart enough to notice that there had to be a problem with their site, because they surely would know that a person does not pay the same fee 3Xs.  I think I'm going to wait it out and see if their system updates and the error corrects on their end.  Thank you for your input and advice. I appreciate it.

Edited by DarkKiss

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Today I checked my bank account and all 3 of the payments for $120 have posted along with the $325 payment.  I'm going in to bank to try to get 2 payments reversed.  the thing is which two.  

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Today CEAC shows paid for the $120 and the $325, however bank accounts has processed the $120 three times. So I just came from the bank disputing the two extra charges of $120.  It appears that NVC does not automatically reverse charges. My advice is that if your are paying your fees and you get an error message, wait a few days before trying again or you will have the same problem that I am having.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline
12 hours ago, Jldo said:

I was charged twice for the IV fee I'm not sure what to do. I didn't receive an error when submitting that payment.

Just as I was instructed by JeanneAdil, don’t waste your time waiting for NVC to clear it up, they won’t. Go to your bank and dispute the multiply withdrawals. My bank told me that it may take 7-10 days to resolve the problem and put the money back in my account.. I’m sorry you are going through the same thing. I pray you get it resolved as well.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

UPDATE.  Received and Email today from NVC stating that "Unforttunately bank was able to accept my payment FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON: 11-CUSTOMER ADVISES ENTRY NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF AUTHORIZATION.  PLEASE TRY TO PAY AGAIN.

As we remember, the CEAC  and they Site gave me error message when I was trying to pay my fees.  I attempted payment 3 times and on the 3rd attempt it was processed.  But upon checking bank account, I was charged 3 times for $120.00.  After those processed my account, I did a dispute with my bank for the  two extra payments, and they  were credited back to my account.  Now NVC is saying that they did not received payment.  Today, I had to do Public Inquiry email site and upload copies of bank statement as proof that payment was processed and then wait! Once it has been viewed, they will update case to reflect payment!!!!!!

This is Crazy! No telling how long that's going to take to get the account updated. I'm in a holding pattern until that happens. 

Note to fellow VJers, if  you GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN PAYING YOUR FEES, STOP!!!!! LET TIME PASS AND TRY AGAIN LATER!!!!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update:  As y'all Know I submitted copies of bank statements to NVC Inquiry provide proof of AOS payment.  They sent me emails stating that once the documents were reviewed, they would inform me of the status. On Feb 3rd, I received an email at my personal email address stating :

The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

Once you have logged into CEAC, please look in your message box or on the Status Chart at the bottom of the page. If NVC has feedback on any items you submitted, there will be a new message with details. If not, please simply follow the updated instructions on your Status Chart to complete your case. If any column says "Pay Now", "Invalid Doc", "Incomplete", or "Re-Opened", that means you must take action by paying a fee, submitting a form, or uploading a corrected/missing document.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State
https://nvc.state.gov/ask

So I went to the email in the CEAC and received this message:

NVC cannot review your submitted documents until we have received all of the required documents DS-260, Civil Documents and Financial Documents. Once these documents have been submitted, we will review your case. Please follow your CEAC Home page and https://nvc.state.gov.

I am so frustrated with the site!!!! You would think that in reviewing my bank statement they would see that I paid the stinking fee.  So after seeing "Pay Now " again  in the STATUS" act the bottom of the page, my husband instructed me to pay the stinking fee again!!!! WHO HAS THIS KIND OF MONEY!!!! So I paid again!!Now the fee box is showing "In Process"!

I also sent another NVC Inquiry informing them that I paid fee again and I would like to receive my money back for the original fee payment.

I can not reiterate more,  If there are any problems with the CEAC site when paying fee,  Do not attempt again! Let a day or two go by and attempt again.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.