msdiamond2171

New I-134A, Online Request to be a Supporter and Declaration of Financial Support- Verse K1Visa

144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is normal to use income, the amount required is low.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
17 hours ago, K-9 Visa said:

No way you got a letter from a bank officer and a home appraisal in one day! I just spent two days getting the paperwork together. I can't submit I-134A until the banks open on Tuesday, to get the letter from a bank officer.

Don't know what to tell you, but I did. My bank was able to create this letter for me over the phone and send it to me as a pdf in my email. It took roughly 10 minutes to receive this letter. 

I don't need a home appraisal. I agree with you though that an official home appraisal would take a few weeks to get and it would cost you several hundred dollars. I had a home appraisal done last oct for different reasons, however I didn't feel the need to submit that information. My salary alone is sufficient to sponsor my fiancée.     

Timeline
On 1/15/2023 at 8:10 PM, GoodHelper said:

Certain people don’t need home appraisal since they may not need assets to prove ability since they may have enough cash in the bank. 
I applied for 3 people at a time and got 2 approved since January 10.

Record time I know but everyone’s situation is unique.

Hi, can you tell us when you submitted the I-134a application for them? Date and approximate time would be really helpful. Thanks!!

Timeline
21 hours ago, wazzujoel said:

Don't know what to tell you, but I did. My bank was able to create this letter for me over the phone and send it to me as a pdf in my email. It took roughly 10 minutes to receive this letter. 

I don't need a home appraisal. I agree with you though that an official home appraisal would take a few weeks to get and it would cost you several hundred dollars. I had a home appraisal done last oct for different reasons, however I didn't feel the need to submit that information. My salary alone is sufficient to sponsor my fiancée.     

Hi, first of all, congrats on getting the 134a in for your fiance so quickly! It took my spouse and I almost a year for the fiance visa to get through the system and then we both had to fly down to Guyana for the 10 minute interview (at a cost of around $4,000 in travel expenses).

May I ask you, how can one find that Whatsapp group that discusses the I-134a? We have a pending app for my brother-in-law in Cuba. Also, may I ask, for the one section where it asks for dates when you want your beneficiary to be here, did you put an end date or just click the No End Date checkbox? There seems to be confusion amongst a lot of folks on how to mark the end date vs. the checkbox. Thanks, man and good luck to you and your fiance! 

6 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

Hi, can you tell us when you submitted the I-134a application for them? Date and approximate time would be really helpful. Thanks!!

January 10. Around 8pm. Woke up in the morning with e-mail stating action was taken on my case same day. I received a Receipt Notice &  a Confirm Notice for 2 people each. 3 person only had a Receipt notice. Still waiting for Conform Notice for 3rd. All on January 10th.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chris&Ale said:

Hi, first of all, congrats on getting the 134a in for your fiance so quickly! It took my spouse and I almost a year for the fiance visa to get through the system and then we both had to fly down to Guyana for the 10 minute interview (at a cost of around $4,000 in travel expenses).

May I ask you, how can one find that Whatsapp group that discusses the I-134a? We have a pending app for my brother-in-law in Cuba. Also, may I ask, for the one section where it asks for dates when you want your beneficiary to be here, did you put an end date or just click the No End Date checkbox? There seems to be confusion amongst a lot of folks on how to mark the end date vs. the checkbox. Thanks, man and good luck to you and your fiance! 

We have been waiting for NOA2 on a i-129f application since Oct 18 2021, and I have almost lost all hope of that happening now. The whatsapp group for i-134a for cubans (and it's only in Spanish) is invite only; DM me and I can give you my fiancée's whatsapp information and she can invite you to the group. For the dates I listed "March 1st" to "no end date" checckbox. I have heard people saying that you should put a 2 year range, however that seems silly because USCIS knows if a Cuban comes on this legal parole they wont need to leave due to the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 that allows for permanent residency after 1 year. I figure if they ask why she is planning on staying with no end date she will just tell the truth that she has a fiancé and we intend to marry while she is here. 

Thank you, and good luck on your parole application for your brother in law. Congrats on successfully making it through i-129f. 

24 minutes ago, wazzujoel said:

We have been waiting for NOA2 on a i-129f application since Oct 18 2021, and I have almost lost all hope of that happening now. The whatsapp group for i-134a for cubans (and it's only in Spanish) is invite only; DM me and I can give you my fiancée's whatsapp information and she can invite you to the group. For the dates I listed "March 1st" to "no end date" checckbox. I have heard people saying that you should put a 2 year range, however that seems silly because USCIS knows if a Cuban comes on this legal parole they wont need to leave due to the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 that allows for permanent residency after 1 year. I figure if they ask why she is planning on staying with no end date she will just tell the truth that she has a fiancé and we intend to marry while she is here. 

Thank you, and good luck on your parole application for your brother in law. Congrats on successfully making it through i-129f. 

Wow you have been waiting for NOA 2 since Oct 18 2021?? Or did you mean Oct 18 2022? I have been waiting for my NOA2 since Oct 18 2022. I hope it doesn't take another year if that is the case. My fiance is Haitian but has Ecuadorian residency card so we cannot file for I134A.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I wondered how second citizenship and resident would work

It does not seem to be asked or have I missed it and what does resident mean,  is it defined?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

Wow you have been waiting for NOA 2 since Oct 18 2021?? Or did you mean Oct 18 2022? I have been waiting for my NOA2 since Oct 18 2022. I hope it doesn't take another year if that is the case. My fiance is Haitian but has Ecuadorian residency card so we cannot file for I134A.

My NOA1 date is Oct 18 2021, tomorrow we have been waiting 15 months. We still haven't received NOA2. I have basically given up on i-129f, and now have more faith in i-134a. 

USCIS is so disorganized and is doing a horrible job. I wish I could have a sit down with Biden and convince him to fire all management and allow me to fix their problems. Their management is incompetent and I feel confident that I could completely change their whole process and cut processing time down to 3-6 months or maybe even much lower.  

44 minutes ago, wazzujoel said:

My NOA1 date is Oct 18 2021, tomorrow we have been waiting 15 months. We still haven't received NOA2. I have basically given up on i-129f, and now have more faith in i-134a. 

USCIS is so disorganized and is doing a horrible job. I wish I could have a sit down with Biden and convince him to fire all management and allow me to fix their problems. Their management is incompetent and I feel confident that I could completely change their whole process and cut processing time down to 3-6 months or maybe even much lower.  

Yes, this entire process is a joke! No way anyone should have to wait this freaking long and now all of a sudden parole can be granted darn near overnight! Well congrats to you on the 134a. I just wish they would give more definition on residency stuff. I would hate to miss out on this opportunity. I would also hate to apply and have this interfere with our K1 application of we get denied for the I134A because they believe him to be ineligible.

Edited by Romelus21

Timeline
On 1/16/2023 at 11:18 AM, wazzujoel said:

Wells Fargo doesn't have annual deposits as a pre-programmed letter. The branch manager spent an hour going through my monthly statements for three accounts, writing the totals on a pad of paper, totaling these, and then filling out a letter. I did this for him but he said that he couldn't accept my numbers. He said that he was required to include my business savings account, which I use to receive revenue but then I transfer it all to my business checking account to spend. In other words, transfers between accounts are counted as deposits, which is how Enron got in trouble. All that work for meaningless numbers.

Timeline

That took four days. My suggestions:

1. I talked to an appraiser, he said to upload your county tax assessment instead of paying $650 and waiting two weeks for a home appraisal. He said that your tax assessment is a legal document providing a value for your home. In addition, upload the county assessor's page showing a picture of your house with your name listed as owner, in addition to the deed. My deed is hard to read, a bad photocopy of a lot of legal stuff. The county assessor's page looks nice.

2. In addition to your tax return (I uploaded ten forms!) go to the Social Security website. You'll see a nice document with a table showing your lifetime earnings by year. This gives a better picture of your income than a single year's tax return, especially for a business owner in a pandemic year.

3. The "Bank official's statement" will waste an hour of your branch manager's time if the bank doesn't have this as a pre-programmed letter. If you have multiple accounts and transfers funds between accounts the letter signed by the bank official will mean nothing. (Confusing account transfers and income is how Enron got in trouble.)

4. Question 18 stumped me, and it's not explained in the instructions. It asks what percent of your income will you spend on the beneficiary. I'll pay my mortgage and she'll live in my house. I'll put her on my health insurance and pay the bill each month. We'll go to the supermarket and I'll pay at the checkout. I put down 100% of my income will go to support my beautiful fiancee.

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 2.37.21 PM.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, wazzujoel said:

When did you file for your K-1 visa?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, K-9 Visa said:

When did you file for your K-1 visa?

Around Oct 10th 2021, and received NOA1 Oct 18th 2021. Have not received NOA2 yet. i-134a parole will probably be faster for us. We are continuing down both paths and will go the route of whatever one is approved first. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.