Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Don't get married.

James (USA) Manuela (Italy)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_italy_2fawm.gif

Married Nov. 6, 2004

12/02/04 Applied for I-130

12/21/04 I-130 Approved (19 days @ Vermont)

03/24/05 Case Completed (84 days @ NVC)

05/09/05 Got CR-1 Visa (47 days @ Naples)

Total of 158 days

Lifting of Conditions I-751

04/02/07 Expressed mailed in I-130

04/03/07 I-751 received at 1:08pm and signed for by Paul E. Novak Jr. Center Director (day 1)

05/02/07 Check finally clears my bank - appears to have been processed on 4/30 by VSC (day 30)

05/04/07 Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification (day 32)

05/17/07 Received NOA1 dated 5/9/07(day 45)

05/18/07 Received ASC Appointment Notice dated 5/14/07 for June 1st (day 46)

06/01/07 Biometric Appointment today @ 2:00 (day 60)

06/03/07 "Touched" (day 62)

10/26/07 "Card Production Ordered" (217 days from the day the application received and 172 days from NOA1)

10/30/07 Touched again

10/31/07 Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence letter, signed by Paul E Novak Jr.

10/31/07 Touched again - if we get touched again does that count as harassment?

11/05/07 10 year green card arrives! (227 days)

US Citizen N-400

03/12/08 To be filed!

dev179pr___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

well...I dated my ex for 6 years and it ended like *doodie*. Even when I knew him like the back of my hand, and so did he. Good thing we didn't get married.

I knew a couple that dated for 10 years before getting married...and got divorced after 6 months.

I agree that there can never be any guarantees.

I guess all you can do is wait until you are deeply in love, and your SO feels the same way, and you both want to dive in together in this exciting, scary, but wonderful adventure.

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Timeline
well...I dated my ex for 6 years and it ended like *doodie*. Even when I knew him like the back of my hand, and so did he. Good thing we didn't get married.

I knew a couple that dated for 10 years before getting married...and got divorced after 6 months.

I agree that there can never be any guarantees.

I guess all you can do is wait until you are deeply in love, and your SO feels the same way, and you both want to dive in together in this exciting, scary, but wonderful adventure.

Caro

'really knowing him/her' doesn't always = years and years. I didn't mean it that way.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would say there are no (for sure) ways to know, most on here are divorces already at least once. How many of these you went to school with, knew the family, friends forever, etc thought you knew them like a book and then... DIVORCE... there is nothing in writting that it will be your forever..you work together and hope for the best..real marriage are made from actions not words

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Don't get married.

:thumbs::lol:

Even the greatest love of all can turn bitter after a while. You never know what will happen - people change, and their feelings change too, so there's no guarantee you will still be in love with your spouse, say, 5 years from now. However, if a marriage fails, it doesn't always mean it was fraudulent in the first place...

Not speaking the same language and coming from different economic backgrounds would be a sign that there's something else other than love involved, in my opinion.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
What about cultural nuances? Like say Cuban men are known for keeping a mistress?

Why have you been kicking off about negative stereotyping and now you're inviting it?

Would it raise a flag for you? Would you be more careful/suspicious of your spouse?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There's a difference between fraudulent marriage and just failed marriages.

The OP meant fraudulent marriages.

Relationships end all the time, no matter the background of those involved (same country, different country, met online, met offline, high school sweethearts, colleagues, etc).

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Don't get married.

:thumbs::lol:

Even the greatest love of all can turn bitter after a while. You never know what will happen - people change, and their feelings change too, so there's no guarantee you will still be in love with your spouse, say, 5 years from now. However, if a marriage fails, it doesn't always mean it was fraudulent in the first place...

Not speaking the same language and coming from different economic backgrounds would be a sign that there's something else other than love involved, in my opinion.

I agree. I knew my ex from the time I was in 7th grade till I was 19 and we started dating. It was amazing the things I learned about him AFTER we were married! I don't care what race or culture someone is, there will be disagreements and such during a marriage and even divorce. When you mix 2 difference cultures together it can add to diagreements and whatever. I knew my fiance quite a while before even went to visit him. During the months that we were just talking online and on the phone, I think we both asked many questions that we never dreamed to ask our ex's. To me we since we had to talk online and on the phone so much we actually got to know each other better. We knew/know that there are and will be challenges in our marriage due to cultural differences and we told each other we will face them head on and not let them effect our marriage. I think it's also hard for soem couples doing the K-1 because the fiance cannot visit the U.S. There's a lot you do not learn about a person when you can only visit once, but that's where the communication needs to come in. Sometimes I tend to think all of us have a red flag because we married or are going to marry someone that isn't from the U.S.