39 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2022 at 8:13 PM, ws1889 said:

I have a priority date of September 26th, 2022 for my I-601. I was wondering if anyone has recently seen any approved, and what kind of time frame I may be expecting for a decision?

When I submitted my I-601, the time frame on the USCIS website said 8-12 months, but now it says 27 months! Not sure what is going on. My case is pretty straightforward so hoping for a quick decision....

Month of November USCIS workings on February/March.

still timeframe around 19 to 22 months.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2023 at 5:50 PM, Jendoxx said:

I'm a bit embarrassed to say this really as i know many people like yourself have been waiting far longer than I.  My waiver receipt was dated 23rd November '22.  It took 44 days to be approved.

Also, did you do anything extra other than submitting the 601? I mean did you file for expedite? Call USCIS? Etc 

Just curious bc we submitted ours in March and we are trying to make plans so I can go home to see my kids (it's been 2 years) and don't know what to expect with the waiver processing time- 3 months or 15.. you know 

Thanks for the info and update:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Consulate waivers are about a year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 3/19/2024 at 5:33 AM, jt777 said:

hi all, does anyone know what month and year they are processing right now? Appreciate your reply! Thanks..

According to a WhatsApp group I follow, they are currently working on April '22.

16 hours ago, DutchNtheDutchess said:

Also, did you do anything extra other than submitting the 601? I mean did you file for expedite? Call USCIS? Etc 

Just curious bc we submitted ours in March and we are trying to make plans so I can go home to see my kids (it's been 2 years) and don't know what to expect with the waiver processing time- 3 months or 15.. you know 

Thanks for the info and update:)

No expedite.  Mine was for a vaccine waiver.  My understanding is they're generally quicker as the USICS officer can make the decision on the spot, without escalation or further background checks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jendoxx said:

No expedite.  Mine was for a vaccine waiver.  My understanding is they're generally quicker as the USICS officer can make the decision on the spot, without escalation or further background checks.

You deal with the lockbox when Consulate processing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.