33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I have a priority date of September 26th, 2022 for my I-601. I was wondering if anyone has recently seen any approved, and what kind of time frame I may be expecting for a decision?

When I submitted my I-601, the time frame on the USCIS website said 8-12 months, but now it says 27 months! Not sure what is going on. My case is pretty straightforward so hoping for a quick decision....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have not seen that many but they have been around the 2 year mark, what the future will bring I do not know.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Jendoxx said:

Hi.  Mine was approved on the 6th Jan.  Mine was a vaccine waiver so it didn't take long.

Wow, that's great news - congratulations! When did you submit your I-601?

13 minutes ago, ws1889 said:

Wow, that's great news - congratulations! When did you submit your I-601?

I'm a bit embarrassed to say this really as i know many people like yourself have been waiting far longer than I.  My waiver receipt was dated 23rd November '22.  It took 44 days to be approved.

Timeline
On 1/10/2023 at 5:50 PM, Jendoxx said:

I'm a bit embarrassed to say this really as i know many people like yourself have been waiting far longer than I.  My waiver receipt was dated 23rd November '22.  It took 44 days to be approved.

Wow, that's incredibly fast. I would say if anything I'm really glad to hear that there's some movement with the I-601s, and I'm really happy for your news!

On 12/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, ws1889 said:

I have a priority date of September 26th, 2022 for my I-601. I was wondering if anyone has recently seen any approved, and what kind of time frame I may be expecting for a decision?

When I submitted my I-601, the time frame on the USCIS website said 8-12 months, but now it says 27 months! Not sure what is going on. My case is pretty straightforward so hoping for a quick decision....

Definitely depends on the type of I-601. I filed mine at the end of October. Have not heard anything yet.

Timeline
On 1/16/2023 at 1:00 PM, Jacobgrijpskerk said:

Definitely depends on the type of I-601. I filed mine at the end of October. Have not heard anything yet.

Best of luck to you! Hoping you hear something positive soon :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to file a 601 waiver for my fiance after he had went to the interview. It's coming up to a year since his interview. Does anyone know who we can email/call to get a status. All the cash number tells us is that the 601 application was received in March 2022. We have a child now and my fiance has been going back and forth to Canada for a whole year waiting on this process. Please help :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The last waivers I have seen have been around the 2 year mark so you are just waiting.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Navis Chra said:

I had to file a 601 waiver for my fiance after he had went to the interview. It's coming up to a year since his interview. Does anyone know who we can email/call to get a status. All the cash number tells us is that the 601 application was received in March 2022. We have a child now and my fiance has been going back and forth to Canada for a whole year waiting on this process. Please help :(

There seems to be a huge range in processing times for I-601 depending on why it was needed in the first place. Some people in this thread reported just a few months waiting time, while others have reported more than one year. Hope you get some resolution soon and wish I could say more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks ws1889. Yeah it seems so that these waivers are coming in at different times. Any chance you or anyone else here has a contact email or phone number that would provide us with some guidance on what happens with the one year interview deadline that's coming up now for us. I cannot seem to get a contact to send questions.

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.