Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

256 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Cnnk said:

Hello guys .. I hope you are all good .. congratulations to those who have received interview letters!! I have a small question I’m a k1 applicant originally from Uganda but my case was transferred to Nairobi since Uganda doesn’t process K1s my case number starts with KMP but interview location NRB 01 On Ceac, my case was last updated on 2nd November 2023… I’m wondering how long it will take to recieve the interview appointment letter.. Thankyou so much ( I’ve been waiting for 3 months now) 

To my understanding Kampala processes non immigrant visas, which is the K-1 category. Only immigrant visas are processed in Nairobi unless something has recently changed. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
14 hours ago, Truserenity11 said:

To my understanding Kampala processes non immigrant visas, which is the K-1 category. Only immigrant visas are processed in Nairobi unless something has recently changed. 

Looks like for visa categories applied through USCIS, it's destination Nairobi.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wagzy said:

Looks like for visa categories applied through USCIS, it's destination Nairobi.

When our case initially arrived at NVC it was under KMP also but I had them change it to Nairobi NRB because we’re already married and I knew from research that immigrant visas were not processed in Kampala for Ugandans but because he had visited the embassy prior to getting married trying to get a visitor visa, it automatically assigned Kampala and I was instructed that only k-1 visas were processed in Kampala. I instructed NVC to change the embassy early on as I didn’t want any issues down the road. Maybe Kampala changed its processes? I’m not sure but I would definitely inquire as I thought K-1 are processed faster in Uganda because this is a non immigrant visa. 

Edited by Truserenity11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey. You don’t need an appointment letter for the interview. Mine was only sent to my fiancé (petitioner) after I had already scheduled the interview. But most of my friends who are also K1 didn’t receive it. Don’t stress about it cause there’s nothing important on that letter. No one asked for the appointment letter when we went to our interview. You only need your passport and ds160 to be allowed through the gate. 

Edited by EO&KA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 2/1/2024 at 12:48 PM, Truserenity11 said:

K1 visa is considered an immigrant visa when scheduling your interview. You need to use the US embassy’s immigrant site to be able to schedule your appointment.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, EO&KA said:

K1 visa is considered an immigrant visa when scheduling your interview. You need to use the US embassy’s immigrant site to be able to schedule your appointment.

Thanks. I am IR1 so definitely a different process. We have to go thru consular processing but should be receiving our ILs very soon! Best of luck to those who have a different process!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bakus said:

Any idea how long will it take to get an interview call for IR1 in Nairobi Kenya?

DQ qualified on sep 2023.

Around 16-17months and currently they r working on sept2022

Timeline

Hello everyone… update on my post.. Uganda doesn’t process immigrant K1s we had to contact the Ugandan embassy to transfer our case..( our case was just laying there in the Ugandan embassy ..) we realized late ,we thought they would automatically transfer the case turns out we had to communicate between both consulates and finally we got the packet 3 instructions today (12th Feb) the case was electronically transferred to Nairobi on November 3rd… my fellow advise to my fellow Ugandans …please be careful when selecting the location for these immigrant visas.. we’ve been delayed soooo much (1year) but at least we caught it before it was extremely too late… also .. you can change the case at nvc stage it’s much easier .. good luck to everyone and Thankyou all XOXO 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cnnk said:

Hello everyone… update on my post.. Uganda doesn’t process immigrant K1s we had to contact the Ugandan embassy to transfer our case..( our case was just laying there in the Ugandan embassy ..) we realized late ,we thought they would automatically transfer the case turns out we had to communicate between both consulates and finally we got the packet 3 instructions today (12th Feb) the case was electronically transferred to Nairobi on November 3rd… my fellow advise to my fellow Ugandans …please be careful when selecting the location for these immigrant visas.. we’ve been delayed soooo much (1year) but at least we caught it before it was extremely too late… also .. you can change the case at nvc stage it’s much easier .. good luck to everyone and Thankyou all XOXO 

This is exactly what I stated earlier. I transferred my case thru NVC at the very beginning stages when I noticed it stated it was in Kampala from previous research. I wish you a speedy process and hope all Ugandans seeking an immigrant visa can become more aware of the process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Cnnk said:

Hi, am glad you transferred your case. I also had stated Kampala for a K1 visa but requested to expedite the case when it was at NVC, NVC automatically sent my case to Qatar since my fiancé was over there. It took 2 months for Qatar Embassy to process and now he is here, submitted greencard paperwork. Good luck everyone. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Truserenity11 said:

This is exactly what I stated earlier. I transferred my case thru NVC at the very beginning stages when I noticed it stated it was in Kampala from previous research. I wish you a speedy process and hope all Ugandans seeking an immigrant visa can become more aware of the process. 

And by the way, today is my 3rd year wedding anniversary ️ Congrats to everyone who will be receiving ILs this month in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.