Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

256 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2024 at 12:22 AM, Truserenity11 said:

I totally agree. I’ve been down all day with a migraine because of this.. this Friday makes 16 months exactly for me and the embassy seems to have slowed down. I haven’t heard anyone report for October 2022 DQ yet.. they are trying to drive us insane is what it seems..

Any interview letters this month?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
20 hours ago, Ahmed said said:

I’m new here but I’ve been waiting for my wife to get an interview since sep 2023 at the Kenya Nairobi embassy what should I do I’m tired of waiting and the bills in America and the ones back home are crushing me 

I’m in the same boat but I’m waiting on them to send my husband here to the US. This is crazy. I’ve been supporting 2 families for 3 years now. We have surpassed the 16th month mark and have no idea when we will receive our IL. 

8 hours ago, Goodlee said:

Any interview letters this month?

I haven’t heard anything…

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 hours ago, Truserenity11 said:

I’m in the same boat but I’m waiting on them to send my husband here to the US. This is crazy. I’ve been supporting 2 families for 3 years now. We have surpassed the 16th month mark and have no idea when we will receive our IL. 

I haven’t heard anything…

Hang in there. Can't get worse. Hitting the 16 month mark on wed myself. I have a feeling you'll get the IL this time round. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Wagzy said:

Hang in there. Can't get worse. Hitting the 16 month mark on wed myself. I have a feeling you'll get the IL this time round. 

I make 17 months on the 15 of this month. Thank you for your encouraging words. I hope we both get our ILs soon 🙏🏽

9 hours ago, Truserenity11 said:

I make 17 months on the 15 of this month. Thank you for your encouraging words. I hope we both get our ILs soon 🙏🏽

As we speak now NVC is working on Oct 2022 DQ people. And if they follow order as they put it 'first come first served!! I should expect my IL in either September or October because I was DQ in MArch 2023. I doubt if it's all about 16 or 17 months.. Let's be patient and keep our Fingers crossed. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Goodlee said:

As we speak now NVC is working on Oct 2022 DQ people. And if they follow order as they put it 'first come first served!! I should expect my IL in either September or October because I was DQ in MArch 2023. I doubt if it's all about 16 or 17 months.. Let's be patient and keep our Fingers crossed. 

We had high hopes since Nov 2023 as we were notified by others that the timeframe was between 16-17 months from DQ and there were several who fulfilled that timeframe. That’s where we got the timeline from but since they have went back to prioritizing DV it pushes the other categories back in line in a sense. Based on the numbers I posted recently Oct 2022 should’ve gotten ILs in Feb and Nov 2022 in March, but yes, all we can do is continue waiting but it is VERY STRESSFUL taking care of 2 households as a single person for 3+ years without any good news. We’re ALL trying to be patient and hold on to that mustard seed.. 

Timeline
On 4/8/2024 at 6:14 PM, Truserenity11 said:

We had high hopes since Nov 2023 as we were notified by others that the timeframe was between 16-17 months from DQ and there were several who fulfilled that timeframe. That’s where we got the timeline from but since they have went back to prioritizing DV it pushes the other categories back in line in a sense. Based on the numbers I posted recently Oct 2022 should’ve gotten ILs in Feb and Nov 2022 in March, but yes, all we can do is continue waiting but it is VERY STRESSFUL taking care of 2 households as a single person for 3+ years without any good news. We’re ALL trying to be patient and hold on to that mustard seed.. 

Here's what I think happened. Due to the travel restrictions caused by covid, a solid number of weddings were put on hold all of 2020. In the begging of 2021, borders begun to open and in the summer of 2021, most of them weddings happened. It's that group that got their DQ's from around Aug - Sept 2022. So whereas at the beginning of 2023, 25 interview letters would cover 2 months of DQs, now 60 IL's barely do a month of DQs. It's the numbers. We will get there somehow.

As for my son's bday and that of mine, looks like another year of forlorn hope. We are June babies.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Wagzy said:

Here's what I think happened. Due to the travel restrictions caused by covid, a solid number of weddings were put on hold all of 2020. In the begging of 2021, borders begun to open and in the summer of 2021, most of them weddings happened. It's that group that got their DQ's from around Aug - Sept 2022. So whereas at the beginning of 2023, 25 interview letters would cover 2 months of DQs, now 60 IL's barely do a month of DQs. It's the numbers. We will get there somehow.

As for my son's bday and that of mine, looks like another year of forlorn hope. We are June babies.

My husband’s birthday is also June. We were married Feb 2021 in Uganda but I began the petition from the US June 2021. We got to NVC July 2022, DQd Nov 2022. I’ve heard a couple people received ILs April 1st that were DQd Oct 2022. Our time is coming..

Edited by Truserenity11

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Truserenity11 said:

My husband’s birthday is also June. We were married Feb 2021 in Uganda but I began the petition from the US June 2021. We got to NVC July 2022, DQd Nov 2022. I’ve heard a couple people received ILs April 1st that were DQd Oct 2022. Our time is coming..

Looks like yours took a lil longer. Did you get an RFE? We got married in Aug of '21 and petition filed end of Oct '21. DQ Dec '22. Hope there's a break in the next IL issuance.

Edited by Wagzy

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Wagzy said:

Looks like yours took a lil longer. Did you get an RFE? We got married in Aug of '21 and petition filed end of Oct '21. DQ Dec '22. Hope there's a break in the next IL issuance.

Yess we got a RFE at both USCIS and NVC. USCIS was cleared in a week and we got approved. At that time, NVC was taking about 2 months to DQ everybody but we got a RFE Sept 2022 which pushed us out approx another 2 months to DQ Nov 2022. I will be so happy when this last longing piece of the puzzle can finally be solved. Just need the IL and I’ll be able to begin breathing again. I am hoping for the best…

Edited by Truserenity11

2 hours ago, Truserenity11 said:

Hang in there a little.  Yours could be next month if nothing changes.

Wish you the best of luck 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Goodlee said:

7 hours ago, Goodlee said:

Today April 10th holds significant weight. I met my husband online today 6 years ago, it’s also my late father’s 82nd birthday and my cat’s 7th birthday 🥳. Thanks for your encouragement and the very same energy to you. 

Hello members, am new to this forum and happy to share and interact with you all. Im a US citizen married to a Ugandan with one son. We got married on july 22nd 2022, i filled petitions for my wife and son on February 5th 2023. Both petitions were approved by uscis on January 9th 2024 and DC at nvc on February 24th 2024. We are hoping to have our interviews scheduled. Yes there is delays due to backlog but lets all not loose hope. God makes a way where it doesn’t seem to be. 

Edited by Hamuza Kabusu
Spelling error

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.