Eduh

Nairobi, Kenya DQ to interview wait time

257 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I’m so thrilled to hear you guys getting your ILs.. it’s making me feel more excited now! I should hear something by the end of March hopefully!! I look forward to seeing more interviews scheduled!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/18/2024 at 6:45 AM, Truserenity11 said:

I’m so thrilled to hear you guys getting your ILs.. it’s making me feel more excited now! I should hear something by the end of March hopefully!! I look forward to seeing more interviews scheduled!

Why are you pushing yours forward so far and am right behind you. You should hear something by end of Feb if not Jan. Also seems like there were a lot of DQ's in a month around Aug '22 moving forward. Anyway, keep logging into the CEAC status

Timeline
8 hours ago, Wagzy said:

Why are you pushing yours forward so far and am right behind you. You should hear something by end of Feb if not Jan. Also seems like there were a lot of DQ's in a month around Aug '22 moving forward. Anyway, keep logging into the CEAC status

Thanks Wagzy I hear you! I definitely hope to hear before then.. I'm just trying not to get too excited because I've disappointed myself so much in the past. I have been checking CEAC every other day since you mentioned it. I'm smiling right now because OUR TIME is finally arriving :) Thanks for reminding me ..

Just a quick question here to folks. I understand the PCC's  are valid for 2 yrs per State guidelines. However reading through the guideline sent to me in preparation towards my interview, the validity is capped at a year suggesting that any PCC submitted over a year has to be renewed. Is this situation peculiar to only Nairobi and therefore place- specific or across board? Shall appreciate anyone with experience regarding this issue as I'm left confused. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Zeeky said:

Just a quick question here to folks. I understand the PCC's  are valid for 2 yrs per State guidelines. However reading through the guideline sent to me in preparation towards my interview, the validity is capped at a year suggesting that any PCC submitted over a year has to be renewed. Is this situation peculiar to only Nairobi and therefore place- specific or across board? Shall appreciate anyone with experience regarding this issue as I'm left confused. 

To my understanding its normal practice that PCCs are only valid for 6 months, so yes, you will need to get clearance to reflect back on the last 6 months to a year. I’ve already advised my spouse that we will get his done before getting the IL. I believe the petitioner will need to resubmit another Affidavit of Support with tax transcripts too, which will be for me to do. 

1 hour ago, Truserenity11 said:

To my understanding its normal practice that PCCs are only valid for 6 months, so yes, you will need to get clearance to reflect back on the last 6 months to a year. I’ve already advised my spouse that we will get his done before getting the IL. I believe the petitioner will need to resubmit another Affidavit of Support with tax transcripts too, which will be for me to do. 

6months in Kenya. My husband just got a new one for our interview in February. Be aware, a friend in that sector of the government told us the normal wait for a PCC right now is two months. Might be the time to "grease some wheels" and/or use any connections you have if you don't have 2 months to wait.

38 minutes ago, ostwinel1 said:

6months in Kenya. My husband just got a new one for our interview in February. Be aware, a friend in that sector of the government told us the normal wait for a PCC right now is two months. Might be the time to "grease some wheels" and/or use any connections you have if you don't have 2 months to wait.

Yes,  most validity period for common wealth countries is 6 months. Validity period for Department of State/NVC however is 2 yrs in general if not for Kenyans/Ugandans and/or foreigners living and working in Uganda like myself which per what I'm reading is valid for 1 yr and are scheduled to have their interviews in Nairobi. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, ostwinel1 said:

My husband is in Uganda so I will definitely ask him how long it’s currently taking. Back in 2022 it only took 2 weeks turn around time but thank you for the heads up!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Zeeky said:

Yes,  most validity period for common wealth countries is 6 months. Validity period for Department of State/NVC however is 2 yrs in general if not for Kenyans/Ugandans and/or foreigners living and working in Uganda like myself which per what I'm reading is valid for 1 yr and are scheduled to have their interviews in Nairobi. 

So basically the PCC is only valid for 6 months for the embassy correct? They’re the ones who matter the most. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Zeeky said:

No.

Screenshot_20240110_171310_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for this information. So if I’m correct, since my spouse is Ugandan and hasn’t ever left Uganda since his last PCC submitted July 2022 he won’t need a new PCC? 

btw thank you very much for sharing part of your journey with the rest of us awaiting our turn :)

Edited by Truserenity11

7 hours ago, Truserenity11 said:

Thank you for this information. So if I’m correct, since my spouse is Ugandan and hasn’t ever left Uganda since his last PCC submitted July 2022 he won’t need a new PCC? 

btw thank you very much for sharing part of your journey with the rest of us awaiting our turn :)

Correct 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/22/2024 at 11:14 AM, Zeeky said:

Seems like you been answered. However, just prove to them that you urgently need it for the interview and they'll expedite....or at least they said that about the backlog. Maybe a copy of the interview letter or something. It's best to do it at the HQ's

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello guys .. I hope you are all good .. congratulations to those who have received interview letters!! I have a small question I’m a k1 applicant originally from Uganda but my case was transferred to Nairobi since Uganda doesn’t process K1s my case number starts with KMP but interview location NRB 01 On Ceac, my case was last updated on 2nd November 2023… I’m wondering how long it will take to recieve the interview appointment letter.. Thankyou so much ( I’ve been waiting for 3 months now) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.