Dewald & Brittney

Any recent CR1/IR1 appointments in Bangkok?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Hmoobphajej said:

Received my IL (Interview Letter) today. Interview scheduled for 03/20/23. It definitely looks like their pace is slowing down versus the previous trend or maybe there's just way more interviews/applicant at the moment. Super excited and relieved to know we have a Interview but also disappointed since we were hoping to spend Valentines and our Wedding Anniversary together in February.

I'm glad that you got your IL. I completely understand your frustration. My wife's birthday is in early February and we were hoping to spend that together along with Valentine's day. Last year, her visa in SA expired a few days before her birthday as well so this is 2 years in a row. On the bright side, after this there really shouldn't be any more missed holidays/birthdays. Fingers crossed for you!

6 minutes ago, Dewald & Brittney said:

I'm glad that you got your IL. I completely understand your frustration. My wife's birthday is in early February and we were hoping to spend that together along with Valentine's day. Last year, her visa in SA expired a few days before her birthday as well so this is 2 years in a row. On the bright side, after this there really shouldn't be any more missed holidays/birthdays. Fingers crossed for you!

Yep definitely. I'm just happy we're seeing the light at the end of this tunnel, and overall my experience was much easier and faster than many others so I feel blessed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hmoobphajej said:

I'm just happy we're seeing the light at the end of this tunnel, and overall my experience was much easier and faster than many others so I feel blessed.

This is what to concentrate on.  Everyone can admire your positive attitude. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

We still have not gotten an interview appointment (DQ'd October 4th)... I wrote to my senator, my congressperson and have not received an answer or a call yet. I just wrote to the NVC again, though I am not expecting any meaningful answer. The NVC's phone line is closed, I couldn't reach anyone relevant at the embassy (though the case is still at NVC so it's not like they can do anything about it).
I just have no clue why this is taking so long. Is anyone aware of any recourse? Can a lawyer possibly get things moving? Does this qualify as a reason to expedite the case?

This is so frustrating.

Timeline
On 1/27/2023 at 2:54 AM, Matt & N said:

We still have not gotten an interview appointment (DQ'd October 4th)... I wrote to my senator, my congressperson and have not received an answer or a call yet. I just wrote to the NVC again, though I am not expecting any meaningful answer. The NVC's phone line is closed, I couldn't reach anyone relevant at the embassy (though the case is still at NVC so it's not like they can do anything about it).
I just have no clue why this is taking so long. Is anyone aware of any recourse? Can a lawyer possibly get things moving? Does this qualify as a reason to expedite the case?

This is so frustrating.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Generally congress is the way to go, but as you said you have already tried that. We had pretty good luck with our representative in NY. Maybe try calling their office to follow up? I don't know much about using a lawyer, but as far as I've heard/read, they generally don't provide much use unless your case has exceptionalities such as criminal records etc. but that is just what I have heard so take it with a grain of salt. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 1/26/2023 at 1:54 PM, Matt & N said:

This is so frustrating.

In pre-Covid times, the standard was within 90 days.  Now, it just depends on several factors, including the length of the queue for your consulate at NVC.  This is the process:

1. Case is DQ'd by NVC.

2. Case then enters NVC queue for your consulate and waits at NVC.

3. Consulate informs NVC of available interview date for upcoming month.

4. NVC schedules interview when case reaches the front of the queue for that consulate.

5. NVC notifies person of interview date via email.

6. NVC then sends case to consulate.

After the interview is scheduled, it can take several days to several weeks for the consulate to receive the case.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 1/26/2023 at 11:54 AM, Matt & N said:

This is so frustrating.

I ended up send an expedite request on February 3rd, on the basis that the NVC made an error and/or causing an unreasonable delay and explaining that seemingly everybody else is getting interviews with 3-4 weeks while have been waiting since October. On February 6th I got a response saying they will send my request to the embassy. On February 13th I got an automated email saying our interview appointment was cancelled, but we never had such an appointment (apparently this is common during the expedite process). Then I heard nothing until I asked what was happening on February 21 (received an answer on February 23rd that was the same as on February 6th). Then on March 1st I sent an email saying it had been 30 days without a decision, which they answered by saying they sent my request to the embassy on February 23rd (the same day I got an answer to my previous inquiry, which I find highly suspicious).

Finally, today I received an email saying my expedite request was approved! Now we just have to wait for the embassy to receive the package and contact us to tell us how to schedule the interview appointment. I am so glad to be done with the NVC, it was the worst part of the process so far.

As far as my congress representative, they were unhelpful as I only got an answer from a staffer repeating a public statement from the NVC concerning the pandemic and wait time etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My wife's interview was today, and she was approved! It was very short and much like what others have described.

Very happy to have this over with!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Matt & N said:

she was approved!

Hoorah!  :dance:

2 hours ago, Matt & N said:

Understatement of the decade!

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
7 hours ago, Matt & N said:

My wife's interview was today, and she was approved! It was very short and much like what others have described.

Congratulations! 

Update on my status. Wife's interview was set for March 20th, 2023. Interview was also very quick and easy. From everything my wife told me she passed. CO told my wife that the visa shouldn't take more than a weeks time and to pick it up at our designated location. So happy to get this part over with. I'm sure I still have a bit more dealings with the US Government since my wife is only getting a 2 year visa. But for me it's 100% better to be together and the overall timeline between filing and visa for me was only about 1 year. 😁

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Hmoobphajej said:

Update on my status. Wife's interview was set for March 20th, 2023. Interview was also very quick and easy. From everything my wife told me she passed. CO told my wife that the visa shouldn't take more than a weeks time and to pick it up at our designated location. So happy to get this part over with. I'm sure I still have a bit more dealings with the US Government since my wife is only getting a 2 year visa. But for me it's 100% better to be together and the overall timeline between filing and visa for me was only about 1 year. 😁

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well. It took me less than a week to get my passport back via Thai post. Good luck with the relocation!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Hmoobphajej said:

my wife told me she passed

You must be relieved and thrilled.  Congratulations!

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.