591 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Bujjigaadu said:

My status was updated to Interview was scheduled  on March 3, 2023 and Interview scheduled document was also uploaded on the same day. However, I have not received a physical copy yet. Do I need to reach out to USCIS or is this normal to take a few weeks to get notice in mail.  By the way, I received a biometric reuse letter within a few days.

Please share if you happen to see this type of situation or have had any experiences.

thank you

Sathish

hi!! 

Go to your USCIS account and go to the documents tab..you most likely will find a copy of the interview letter there! you can just download it and print!  

if not, I would suggest call the USCIS office and ask them

personally why you have not received a physical copy and ask them when is your interview date!

Edited by knowing

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, springguy said:

From my experience it takes one to two business weeks for the postal mail. But in any case, you can take a print out from your online account - under documents tab, that is more than good enough!

Thank you for sharing the information. Yes, I have already downloaded the notice but wondering that does USCIS accept print out copy. As long as they allow printed copy, I am good.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, knowing said:

hi!! 

Go to your USCIS account and go to the documents tab..you most likely will find a copy of the interview letter there! you can just download it and print!  

if not, I would suggest call the USCIS office and ask them

personally why you have not received a physical copy and ask them when is your interview date!

Thank you for your response..I knew where to find the notice...I was wondering about the original letter...

1 hour ago, knowing said:

sorry my interview is March 14 tomorrow!!!

So sorry My Interview is March 14th!!!

No worries! You'll have to give us all of the details tomorrow! 😀

May 25, 2004: Got married in Denmark
June 8, 2004: Received passport with new last name
June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot
June 18, 2004: Received letter of appointment plus packet 4
August 5, 2004: Interview at U.S. embassy - APPROVED!!!
August 19, 2004: Went back to the U.S. with my husband
May 27, 2006: Filed I-751
July 25, 2006: I-751 approved!

March 13, 2016: Filed I-90 for Permanent Resident Card renewal

March 22, 2016: Received letter of appointment for biometrics appointment

April 8, 2016: Biometrics appointment

September 21, 2016: I-90 approved

December 27, 2022: Filed N400 for US citizenship

December 27, 2022: Biometrics reused

February 2, 2023: Interview notice received

March 10, 2023: N400 approved 

March 10, 2023: Oath ceremony notice provided right after interview 

March 24: Oath ceremony 

1 hour ago, Bujjigaadu said:

My status was updated to Interview was scheduled  on March 3, 2023 and Interview scheduled document was also uploaded on the same day. However, I have not received a physical copy yet. Do I need to reach out to USCIS or is this normal to take a few weeks to get notice in mail.  By the way, I received a biometric reuse letter within a few days.

Please share if you happen to see this type of situation or have had any experiences.

thank you

Sathish

I had the same thing happen. The two letters that I received after applying and after the biometrics reuse came super fast but it took over a week for me to get the interview letter in the mail.

June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot

Timeline
7 minutes ago, AHC_2015 said:

I had the same thing happen. The two letters that I received after applying and after the biometrics reuse came super fast but it took over a week for me to get the interview letter in the mail.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.... Yes, first two letters were very quick but this one it is been more than a week so bit worrried but Now i feel very relaxed...

2 minutes ago, Bujjigaadu said:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.... Yes, first two letters were very quick but this one it is been more than a week so bit worrried but Now i feel very relaxed...

The letter will still come, your interview is not until the 10th of April? For me I printed the one on the documents section way before I received the letter.👍

5 minutes ago, Bujjigaadu said:

Yes, I kept checking Informed Delivery and was starting to wonder if I would have to print out the online letter but it eventually came in the mail!

1 minute ago, AHC_2015 said:

Yes, I kept checking Informed Delivery and was starting to wonder if I would have to print out the online letter but it eventually came in the mail!

Wasn’t even worried as the letter in the document section is just a duplicate of the physical copy that comes in the mail. Lol there’s really no issues at all.😁

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wasn’t even worried as the letter in the document section is just a duplicate of the physical copy that comes in the mail. Lol there’s really no issues at all.😁

True! But since I knew the letter was going to be coming I was wondering why it was taking so long, especially when the others arrived within a couple of days.

40 minutes ago, Bujjigaadu said:

Thank you for your response..I knew where to find the notice...I was wondering about the original letter...

mine took about 2 weeks? but i read somewhere as long as you have an actual copy from your uscis account (of interview letter) that should be enough

but if you are uneasy you can always call the USCIS hotline and ask them when you will recieve the hardcopy via mail. ! just to be sure

Timeline
12 minutes ago, knowing said:

mine took about 2 weeks? but i read somewhere as long as you have an actual copy from your uscis account (of interview letter) that should be enough

but if you are uneasy you can always call the USCIS hotline and ask them when you will recieve the hardcopy via mail. ! just to be sure

Thank you for the information. Sure, If i do not receive physical letter that is the plan. All the very best for your interview...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.