Jenn!

I'm joining the VJ Cat Club!!!

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is Bowie...she's an old cat. My sisters, but kind of the family cat. Her eyes are very different from other cats I've seen. No, those are not photoshopped, but I am sure the flash turned them that color. If you say "hello" to her, she will meow a very good imitation back to you.

The fat cat laying down is Boomer. Another one of the family. He fetches like a dog.

post-34094-1185073813_thumb.jpg

post-34094-1185074014_thumb.jpg

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the orange kitties. Orange males have always been my favorites! I've had 4 named Skeeter, Petie, Sunny and Tiger. For male cats, you definitely want to get them neutered before 6 months of age otherwise they start 'spraying' (peeing on things) to mark their territories. Once they start that, it is nearly impossible to get them to stop even after neutering.

Along with their vaccines, they will need tested for feline leukemia and FIV and parasites (stool sample) and be checked for fleas and ear mites. If I can see well enough in the pictures, it looks like they have some dirt or debris around their noses and eyes and I can't see their ears well enough but you may check to see if there is a lot of black/brown looking crud in their ears too. If so, that is a good indication that they have ear mites. None of those are uncommon in the least for kittens to have!

Are you considering declawing? I used to do that to my cats but after actually watching the procedure being done, I decided that I would never do that to a cat again. I keep my cat's nails trimmed very short and I haven't had any problems with things being destroyed. There is also a product called Soft Claws that can be put on the ends of the cat's claws and that prevents them from destroying things.

Can't wait to hear the chosen names!

12/08/06 Fiance arrived on K-1 Visa

02/21/07 Wedding

03/23/07 Sent AOS/EAD USPS Express Mail

03/25/07 Delivered and signed for at 9:04 pm (Day 1)

03/29/07 NOA1 AOS & EAD (Day 5)

04/02/07 NOA1 received in mail (Day 9)

04/03/07 Checks cashed (Day 10)

04/04/07 AOS/EAD touched

04/05/07 Biometrics appt. in mail (Day 12)

04/12 & 04/14 AOS/EAD touched

04/17/07 Biometrics appt. (Day 24)

04/18 & 04/19 AOS/EAD touched

05/25/07 Changed address (AR-11) online & by phone for I-485/I-765/I-864

05/28/07 Sent address change (AR-11) by mail

05/30 & 05/31 AOS/EAD touched

06/02/07 Received notice of address change in mail for I-485/I-765

06/06/07 Received notice of address change in mail for I-864

06/14/07 Senator's office said we are still in 'preliminary security review' at MSC (Day 83)

06/21/07 AOS/EAD touched

06/26/07 EAD approved/AOS touched (Day 95)

06/27/07 EAD card production ordered (Day 96)

07/03/07 AOS/EAD touched

07/05/07 Received EAD card (Day 104)

07/24/07 AOS sent to CSC (Day 123)

07/27/07 AOS pending at CSC (Day 126)

07/28, 30, 31, 08/01/07 AOS touched

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQzJkFPUyt3YXMrZmlsZWQmMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMCYxMCZjJjAmMjMmMyYyMDA3JjQmMiYxOTUyOTAwMDExODg2NTkwNjQuJw==.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
If I can see well enough in the pictures, it looks like they have some dirt or debris around their noses and eyes and I can't see their ears well enough but you may check to see if there is a lot of black/brown looking crud in their ears too. If so, that is a good indication that they have ear mites. None of those are uncommon in the least for kittens to have!

Yes, they do have a bit of debris - the female just a bit around the nose, the male a bit more around the nose and just a bit around the eyes, but their ears look clean. I guess the vet will tell me what to do about that.

So they've both had accidents outside of the litterbox, even though they use the litterbox most of the time. For example, just now the girl crawled into bed with me and proceeded to urinate right next to my head. A few minutes later I saw her using the litterbox as normal. Any ideas what that's about?

Filed: Timeline

Awwww there are so cute!!! I can;t get enough of kittens they are just so adorable! :wub:

Here is my kitty, Baida. My 6 year old white russian. She travelled with me all the way from France and is a very cute and affectionate little companion.

27074b.jpg

27064b.jpg

27007b.jpg

Edited by kittykatwoman

Filed: Timeline
Yes, they do have a bit of debris - the female just a bit around the nose, the male a bit more around the nose and just a bit around the eyes, but their ears look clean. I guess the vet will tell me what to do about that.

So they've both had accidents outside of the litterbox, even though they use the litterbox most of the time. For example, just now the girl crawled into bed with me and proceeded to urinate right next to my head. A few minutes later I saw her using the litterbox as normal. Any ideas what that's about?

Very common to get the runny nose after an environment change. It should clear up in a week or two.

The accidents are normal and only need your patience and correction. One thing that might help is to leave a little poop and pee in th box so they "know" thats where it belongs. My new kitten had accidents for a week and now never misses.

(JUNE 8, 2004) Married

(SEP. 8, 2004) Filed I-130, EAD, and AOS in Boston MA

(NOV. 3, 2004) Fingerprints/Biometrics

(NOV. 12, 2004) EAD approved online

-EAD card received

-SSN received

-MA learner's permit/license received

(FEB. 19, 2005) We receive our appointment letter

(MAY 31, 2005) AOS APPROVED!!!

(MAY 16, 2007) Applied for removal of conditions through Vermont Service Center

(JUNE 29, 2007) Fingerprints/Biometrics

(NOV 28, 2007) Conditions APPROVED!!! (Got 10yr card)

Marriage ends in Spring of 2008

That is so pretty cute adorable kitties!! :thumbs:

When I post my new babies here , I remember that you said you want one and now you did! Congratz Jenn (F) ..they are good companion and a very effective stress buster! I can feel how excited and happy you are just like me being a first time cat owner.

How about Chong and Chang as their names.. :D

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

2 white cats on vj whoo hoooooooooo!!!!!

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Since they are new to your home, they may be confused about where to use the litter box. You may try putting litter boxes where they are having their accidents (next to the bed). Also, they don't like having their litter boxes close to their food so if their food is close to the litter box they may not want to go there. Cats can also be very finicky about sharing their litter boxes. I've been told to have as many litter boxes as you do cats; so in your case have 2 litter boxes. They can also be picky about the kind of litter that is in the box too. Let's see...what else...sometimes they like their privacy and like having their litter boxes in secluded areas too (can't blame them there) and some just need a prestine litter box to go in all the time so you may have to keep up with cleaning it several times a day. Also, don't punish them by rubbing their noses in it, etc. If they were older, peeing outside of the litter box may be a sign that there is something wrong with them physically; such as a urinary tract infection but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case with them at this age.

They are getting adjusted to their new home and once they get things figured out, you shouldn't have any more problems.

I did a quick search online for names and here's a list of famous couples:

Franklin & Eleanor Roosevelt

John & Jackie Kennedy

Ozzie & Harriett Nelson

John & Yoko Lennon

Ronald & Nancy Reagan

Ward & June Cleaver

John & Olivia Walton

Ike & Mamie Eisenhower

George & Martha Washington

Darin & Samantha Stevens

Ricky & Lucy Ricardo

Winston & Clementine Churchill

Adam & Eve

Rhett & Scarlet Butler

Cinderella & Prince Charming

Rob & Laura Petrie

Dagwood & Blondie

Romeo & Juliet

Tramp & Lady

Fred & Wilma Flinstone

George Burns & Gracie Allen

Beauty & The Beast

Ma & Pa Kettle

Hume Cronin & Jessica Tandy

John Smith & Pocahontas

Prince Phillip & Queen Elizabeth

Edward & Wallace Simpson

Prince Ranier & Grace Kelly

Paul Newman & Joann Woodward

Cliff & Claire Huckstable

Aladdin & Jasmine

Charles & Caroline Ingalls

George & Mary Bailey

Phil Donahue & Marlo Thomas

Maury Povich & Connie Chung

Mike & Carol Brady

Roy Rogers & Dale Evans

Mickey & Minnie Mouse

Han Solo & Princess Leia

Donald & Daisy Duck

Barney & Betty Rubbel

Thurston & Lovey Howell

Herman & Lily Munster

Auntie Em & Uncle Henry

King Kong and Faye Wray

Anthony & Cleopatra

Superman & Lois Lane

Robin Hood & Maid Marion

Barbie & Ken

Napoleon & Josephine

George and Martha Washington

Bonnie & Clyde

Lancelot & Guenivere

Mary and Abe Lincoln

Samson & Delilah

Homer & Marge Simpson

Courtney Cox & David Arquette

John Travolta & Kelly Preston

Ethan Hawk & Uma Thurman

Susan Sarandon & Tim Robbins

Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson

Antonio Baderes & Melanie Griffith

Warren Beatty & Annete Benning

Matthew Broderick & Sarah Jessica Parker

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett

Jennifer Anistion & Brad Pitt

Sean Penn & Robin Wright

The ones in bold are the ones I thought were fun.

And here's a list of the top names for cats:

Top 30 Male Cat Names

1. MAX

2. TIGGER

3. TIGER

4. SMOKEY

5. OLIVER

6.SIMBA

7. SHADOW

8. BUDDY

9. SAM

10. SAMMY

11. CHARLIE

12. SIMON

13. OSCAR

14. LUCKY

15. JAKE

16. SEBASTIAN

17. JACK

18. GEORGE

19. ROCKY

20. BAILEY

21. TOBY

22. MILO

23. BUSTER

24. LEO

25. RUSTY

26. OREO

27. GIZMO

28. FELIX

29. CHESTER

30. HARLEY

Top 30 Female Cat Names

1. CHLOE

2. LUCY

3. CLEO

4. PRINCESS

5. ANGEL

6. MOLLY

7. KITTY

8. SAMANTHA

9. MISTY

10. MISSY

11. SOPHIE

12. BABY

13. MAGGIE

14. ZOE

15. CALLIE

16. JASMINE

17. PATCHES

18. SASHA

19. GRACIE

20. PRECIOUS

21. DAISY

22. SHADOW

23. GINGER

24. SASSY

25. LILY

26. BELLA

27. ABBY

28. SMOKEY

29. ANNIE

30. TIGGER

Now I want to get a new kitty. But I've got this big guy who is only 10 months old and if he grows any bigger we're going to need a bigger house:

fluffy.jpgfluffy1.jpg

12/08/06 Fiance arrived on K-1 Visa

02/21/07 Wedding

03/23/07 Sent AOS/EAD USPS Express Mail

03/25/07 Delivered and signed for at 9:04 pm (Day 1)

03/29/07 NOA1 AOS & EAD (Day 5)

04/02/07 NOA1 received in mail (Day 9)

04/03/07 Checks cashed (Day 10)

04/04/07 AOS/EAD touched

04/05/07 Biometrics appt. in mail (Day 12)

04/12 & 04/14 AOS/EAD touched

04/17/07 Biometrics appt. (Day 24)

04/18 & 04/19 AOS/EAD touched

05/25/07 Changed address (AR-11) online & by phone for I-485/I-765/I-864

05/28/07 Sent address change (AR-11) by mail

05/30 & 05/31 AOS/EAD touched

06/02/07 Received notice of address change in mail for I-485/I-765

06/06/07 Received notice of address change in mail for I-864

06/14/07 Senator's office said we are still in 'preliminary security review' at MSC (Day 83)

06/21/07 AOS/EAD touched

06/26/07 EAD approved/AOS touched (Day 95)

06/27/07 EAD card production ordered (Day 96)

07/03/07 AOS/EAD touched

07/05/07 Received EAD card (Day 104)

07/24/07 AOS sent to CSC (Day 123)

07/27/07 AOS pending at CSC (Day 126)

07/28, 30, 31, 08/01/07 AOS touched

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQzJkFPUyt3YXMrZmlsZWQmMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMCYxMCZjJjAmMjMmMyYyMDA3JjQmMiYxOTUyOTAwMDExODg2NTkwNjQuJw==.gif

Jenn - I'm just now seeing this thread! I LOVE the kitties, they're adorable! :) Be sure and let us know what you name them. :D

kittykatwoman - what a gorgeous cat!!! :) Actually I love all the pictures in this thread!! :wub:

SA4userbar.jpg

More kitties!!! :D

I love orange cats as well! I had 2 in the past and they are really nice cats. Congratulations on the new babies!!!

Yup don't forget to have them fixed, and not just the male but the female as well. You never know if she is in heat (And this is really annoying by the way) she might escape and meet some "friends" outside and come back pregnant, and there is already too many kittens out there. Please help to control surpopulation by fixing both of them! And 5 months is an ideal age for both.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)