Ani_B

For Removal of Conditions evidence, are Affidavits required?

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if I could have some advice? It'll be 90 days before my card expires right at the end of December, so I'm starting to do a little gathering of evidence and filling out the form all ready and set to send off once I am in the 90 day period.

I was just going through what they mention below, and I caught sight of the word "should".

image.thumb.png.0eaff8d28b7d0364e9af5b4bf79ff346.png

We have quite a bit of this documentation from some of the examples(not all), but I was wondering if the affidavits are compulsory and if so, can they be family members, or do they have to be outside of the family?

At present, I have the following list of evidence: 

• All leases (I can find from 2020-present)

• Tax stuff from filing jointly

• Printouts from husband's job that show me as beneficiary on various things

• Statement history of my husband paying my university tuition

• My husband paying my phone bill

• Me as authorized card holder

• Me listed on his health insurance

• Cards from special occasions from abroad

• Photographs of us and family

Is this enough?

Thanks for any advice!

Affidavits are not required, but it doesn't hurt to include them. Other evidence is more important, and you already seem to have it. If you have joint bank accounts, include statements from those.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ani_B said:

I was wondering if the affidavits are compulsory

cases get approved without them.  
You 

36 minutes ago, Ani_B said:

and if so, can they be family members, or do they have to be outside of the family?

they can be inside the family but are less compelling 

Thanks for all the responses. I also wasn't sure how far back they want evidence from. I had my interview spring 2021, so they already had some evidence then (leases etc.). I know the instructions state that they want evidence from since we got married, but do they really want repeated evidence? Should I cover everything since end of 2019 just to be safe, or should I really focus on evidence from the past 2 years since my green card was issued?

I did see on the VJ instructions they said: "While the USCIS instructions for the I-751 say that evidence should cover the entire period from your marriage up to the present date, there is no need to repeat evidence that you already submitted to them earlier. Many couples submit no evidence whatsoever covering the period before their first interview. In any case, it's helpful to concentrate on the evidence that has developed since they last interviewed you."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Our 2 references were from people who knew us both from before we married.  

The rest of the evidence was after  the date of our I-485 interview.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

To cover the bases, we included some evidence from the date of marriage but tried to limit repeated information. As an example, we sent around 10 photos that went back to when we married, but we used completely different photos than what was sent with AOS. We did repeat some things though, such as sending all of our lease agreements for our apartment (2019, 2020, and 2021) even though the 2019 lease was provided when we did AOS

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.