ws1889

Expedited Processing Granted?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I recently submitted a request for expedited processing with USCIS - after a few days, they messaged me asking for more information. I promptly replied, and then they replied back in a few hours with this message " We received your request for expedited processing, and we will accommodate that request. Your case is now under expedited review. "

I just wanted to confirm that this does indeed mean the case is being expedited, or if it was awkward wording meaning something else. Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I wanted to ask on here before calling USCIS as my status on the website says nothing about expedited processing being official.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ws1889 said:

I recently submitted a request for expedited processing with USCIS - after a few days, they messaged me asking for more information. I promptly replied, and then they replied back in a few hours with this message " We received your request for expedited processing, and we will accommodate that request. Your case is now under expedited review. "

I just wanted to confirm that this does indeed mean the case is being expedited, or if it was awkward wording meaning something else. Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I wanted to ask on here before calling USCIS as my status on the website says nothing about expedited processing being official.

It sounds clear to me they've accommodated your expedite request and reviewing your application in expedite fashion.

BTW, you'll also need separate expedite requests at NVC and Consulate after USCIS approval.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

While your request to expedite the process was granted it might still take a while cause at that point your case only made it from the normal pile to the pile with all the other granted expedites.

Timeline
21 hours ago, nastra30 said:

It sounds clear to me they've accommodated your expedite request and reviewing your application in expedite fashion.

BTW, you'll also need separate expedite requests at NVC and Consulate after USCIS approval.

I checked online today at the USCIS website, and it says that the request was denied... ugh... called them and at first they said it was definitely approved. Then I mentioned the website, so they checked deeper in the system and said it had been denied. So they are escalating the case and told me to expect a call within 30 calendar days...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ws1889 said:

I checked online today at the USCIS website, and it says that the request was denied... ugh... called them and at first they said it was definitely approved. Then I mentioned the website, so they checked deeper in the system and said it had been denied. So they are escalating the case and told me to expect a call within 30 calendar days...

Interesting. Too many conflicting info.

*first approved

*now denied

*but still they are escalating it anyway

Why are they escalating it if it's been denied?

Did you speak with a tier 2 rep?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Interesting. Too many conflicting info.

*first approved

*now denied

*but still they are escalating it anyway

Why are they escalating it if it's been denied?

Did you speak with a tier 2 rep?

I know... right? So yea, you've got the order of events exactly correct there. My only thought is that original message means that with "expedited review", they are trying to evaluate if it qualifies or not?

The guy I spoke with basically said he does not know, and so therefore, he has to escalate it. IDK but it's pretty depressing.

Edited by ws1889
spelling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.