Simplytex

IR1/CR1 Interview timeframes in Warsaw

203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We just received an interview date for my Russian wife at the Kazakhstan consulate for 2-21-2023.  Total time from submitting the I-130 to interview date was 6 months and 3 days.  We are very happy with the progress, she should be here before the end of February!  i requested and moved our case from Warsaw to Kazakhstan in mid December 2022.

Edited by Moscowmojo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Moscowmojo said:

We just received an interview date for my Russian wife at the Kazakhstan consulate for 2-21-2023.

That's great news!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
6 hours ago, Moscowmojo said:

We just received an interview date for my Russian wife at the Kazakhstan consulate for 2-21-2023.  Total time from submitting the I-130 to interview date was 6 months and 3 days.  We are very happy with the progress, she should be here before the end of February!  i requested and moved our case from Warsaw to Kazakhstan in mid December 2022.

Congratulations! Glad for you! How long did it take for the i-130 to be approved and which processing center did it go to? I submitted online in June 2022, got a confirmation letter from the Texas processing center and haven't heard a word since. It's been almost seven months! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, BenNomad said:

Congratulations! Glad for you! How long did it take for the i-130 to be approved and which processing center did it go to? I submitted online in June 2022, got a confirmation letter from the Texas processing center and haven't heard a word since. It's been almost seven months! 

That is crazy you havent heard anything yet.  I submitted on 8/18/2022 and it was approved and sent to NVC on 10/24/2022 so it took 67 days for the approval.  The NOA came from the Texas Service Center, the approval Letter came from the Nebraska Service center.  I submitted everything online.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.32.55 AM.png

Edited by Moscowmojo

Timeline

Could be you just got very lucky. Who knows. Is there any logic in this process? USCIS says I still have approximately 5 months to wait their decision. But those are just statistics of course. Interesting that your "actively reviewing" status update came two months after submittal. They have been "actively reviewing" my petition since the moment I submitted it! Maybe someone accidentally deleted it? ;) 

In any case, it's good news for everyone that you were able to transfer the case from Poland to Kazakhstan. I'm going to try my luck in Egypt. 

514626577_Screenshot2023-01-10093732.thumb.jpg.78925858c05ab34216f8cb9fdef72757.jpg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, BenNomad said:

Could be you just got very lucky. Who knows. Is there any logic in this process? USCIS says I still have approximately 5 months to wait their decision. But those are just statistics of course. Interesting that your "actively reviewing" status update came two months after submittal. They have been "actively reviewing" my petition since the moment I submitted it! Maybe someone accidentally deleted it? ;) 

In any case, it's good news for everyone that you were able to transfer the case from Poland to Kazakhstan. I'm going to try my luck in Egypt. 

514626577_Screenshot2023-01-10093732.thumb.jpg.78925858c05ab34216f8cb9fdef72757.jpg

I wrote to about 8 different embassies to see if they would take our case, Romania and Kazakhstan were the two that responded positively.  I didnt try Egypt, some embassies only take Citizens or Permanent residents of that particular country.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Moscowmojo said:

I wrote to about 8 different embassies to see if they would take our case, Romania and Kazakhstan were the two that responded positively.  I didnt try Egypt, some embassies only take Citizens or Permanent residents of that particular country.

That's very good to know, thanks!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Moscowmojo said:

That is crazy you havent heard anything yet.  I submitted on 8/18/2022 and it was approved and sent to NVC on 10/24/2022 so it took 67 days for the approval.  The NOA came from the Texas Service Center, the approval Letter came from the Nebraska Service center.  I submitted everything online.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.32.55 AM.png

7 hours ago, BenNomad said:

But @Moscowmojofiled a K3 as well, as did I, and I'm almost certain that this is key to the faster I130 approval for both of us.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Simplytex said:

But @Moscowmojofiled a K3 as well, as did I, and I'm almost certain that this is key to the faster I130 approval for both of us.

Ah, ok. Right. Just for clarity, you sent an i-129F to Texas in order to get a K-3? Did you have to pay the $535 filing fee twice (for the i-130 and i-129F)?

Edited by BenNomad

Timeline
1 hour ago, BenNomad said:

Ah, ok. Right. Just for clarity, you sent an i-129F to Texas in order to get a K-3? Did you have to pay the $535 filing fee twice (for the i-130 and i-129F)?

As @Moscowmojocommented, there is no filing fee for the i129f if you have already paid the I130. Just find the instructions PDF for the i129F, it's pretty easy cause you should already have the required documentation from the i130. Only comment is that you have to mail it in, instead of doing it online. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/19/2023 at 3:11 PM, Runner19 said:

@Moscowmojo, what was your DQ date? Our IR5 cases were just transferred to Almaty automatically, trying to figure out the timeline for interview there. Thanks!

Our case was DQ on 12/16/2022.  The NVC moved it from Warsaw to KZ the week before and we received the interview date on 1/9/2023.  Good luck with your case!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Anyone knows if the interview letters are sent only once a month, so for Warsaw the next chance to get one would be 19th of February since the last confirmed here IL was sent on Jan 19? I'm DQ'd since Jan 21 and trying to figure out any estimation for my wife's interview.

@Simplytex if your case won't be automatically transferred to some other embassy, then I guess you will be my reference point.

Edited by aerodnight

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.