CL1125

DCF in Manila in 2022 (with Exceptional Circumstance)

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new here. I'm thankful I've found this site as the amount of information here is very helpful.

I am a domiciled American citizen living here in the Philippines with my Filipina wife. I am employed by an American company and have been assigned here for work for several years. Due to a staffing shortage, my employer is now urgently requesting for me to return to the United States. After research it seems we may qualify as an exceptional circumstance to directly file here in Manila. Has anyone had any recent experience with filing directly with the US Embassy in Manila, mainly after field offices were closed I believe in 2019? Other notable information to our case is that I hold dual citizenship (reason I am able to stay here) and we are recently married.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Here is a relatively recent thread specific to Manila.  Not sure if it is helpful, but the main thing is getting in touch with the Consulate, explaining the situation and having proof of the immediate need for repatriation.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2022 at 3:49 AM, CL1125 said:

Hello, I am new here. I'm thankful I've found this site as the amount of information here is very helpful.

I am a domiciled American citizen living here in the Philippines with my Filipina wife. I am employed by an American company and have been assigned here for work for several years. Due to a staffing shortage, my employer is now urgently requesting for me to return to the United States. After research it seems we may qualify as an exceptional circumstance to directly file here in Manila. Has anyone had any recent experience with filing directly with the US Embassy in Manila, mainly after field offices were closed I believe in 2019? Other notable information to our case is that I hold dual citizenship (reason I am able to stay here) and we are recently married.

Supposedly you can not directly file in Manila anymore. Not sure about special cases. Doubtful

8 minutes ago, Scott12579 said:

Supposedly you can not directly file in Manila anymore. Not sure about special cases. Doubtful

The option of direct filing at the consulate in Manila remains available to those who qualify based on exceptional circumstances.

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 4:06 AM, SBJAU said:

Did you have any luck?

I sent an email to the Embassy attached with a letter from my employer. They gave me a cookie cutter answer that DCF was only for exceptional circumstances (even though mine fell under the definition of that on their site?). So we ended up filing through USCIS. This is with the US Embassy in the Philippines. Other Embassies may be different.

On 4/15/2023 at 11:46 PM, CL1125 said:

I sent an email to the Embassy attached with a letter from my employer. They gave me a cookie cutter answer that DCF was only for exceptional circumstances (even though mine fell under the definition of that on their site?). So we ended up filing through USCIS. This is with the US Embassy in the Philippines. Other Embassies may be different.

Ok, sorry it didn't work out. Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.