J&D1008

OCTOBER 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

137 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Hi, all! No need to thank me. I got this spreadsheet base from early 2022 groups, somehow the late 2022 groups don't really use it and prefer data to be posted in full here from their custom script. I did make some changes on the design and added a few more categories, so feel free to change it as well.

It's great you're tracking this early, not a lot of movement now but it helps you understand so much. I wish I had started mine even earlier. I would just say to you to track expedites. I have a separate tab for it that I keep hidden for this. It's amazing to see how any approvals super early AREN'T expedited at all. I wonder what they know that we don't.

Thanks for the suggestion. I put the "Expedite Request Approved" category in the open/other for now until approval, but that makes sense to separate it out. When I get a chance I'll look into the hidden tabs.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Naterson said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I put the "Expedite Request Approved" category in the open/other for now until approval, but that makes sense to separate it out. When I get a chance I'll look into the hidden tabs.

I think I am the only one that can see my hidden tabs when they are indeed hidden. It's a mess to be fair and I only don't leave it open because it's specific cases numbers. I know they're out in the public anyway, but just a little bit of courtesy for those cases. Here's an screenshot with what I usually do (made the case numbers hidden in white). Whenever I get an approved case, I check if they had an expedite request approved, if not, I just mark their number and approval date on the side. If you want I can share it with your gmail account personally.

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 6.00.33 PM.png

Edited by Bh_sarah
Left a case number visible on the screenshot.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

It's great you're tracking this early, not a lot of movement now but it helps you understand so much. I wish I had started mine even earlier. I would just say to you to track expedites. I have a separate tab for it that I keep hidden for this. It's amazing to see how any approvals super early AREN'T expedited at all. I wonder what they know that we don't.

So, the for expedites you actually note the case numbers and follow each of them on your hidden tab?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ok-Mix said:

So, the for expedites you actually note the case numbers and follow each of them on your hidden tab?

Only when I see a request received or approved, I don’t really take note of the denied ones. I’m not sure if the custom script has the option to see the case history/past actions, but CaseTracker overwrites them (so when one gets approved, I can’t know if it was expedited before). That’s why I take note of them.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Only when I see a request received or approved, I don’t really take note of the denied ones. I’m not sure if the custom script has the option to see the case history/past actions, but CaseTracker overwrites them (so when one gets approved, I can’t know if it was expedited before). That’s why I take note of them.

Our database is collecting all past statuses and doesn't overwrite them, so you can let me know if you will want me to check anything specific :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Obllak said:

Our database is collecting all past statuses and doesn't overwrite them, so you can let me know if you will want me to check anything specific :) 

Ohhh thank you! Nothing too important to be fair, as I started manually tracking Feb in May 2022, some cases of February were already approved by then and I had no idea to know if they were expedited cases (even though one assumes they are).

I just found out Lawfully shows me a case history, if I’m curious I will get past approvals there to just check them out. Some in June and other early months weren’t on my expedited tracking, so I might check them too. It’s just interesting to see that some cases get approved super early with no expedite record. Don’t know if they never got their expedited requests on the system, or if they know someone there to bypass waiting times, or if they just lucked out. All just my curiosity! Haha if I come across a curious case I can’t understand the history, I will let you know! It’s great you keep it in the database. But not a priority at all.

NOA1:

Hello everyone!

I hope you’re all doing well! I noticed that the waiting times on the USCIS website have gone up to 16.5 months. I know they’ve been speeding up processing, especially within our category of petition. So why is this going up and not down? If we follow the data we’re looking at December approval, but it doesn’t line up.

I just need some reassurance and someone who is better with numbers to maybe give me a run down and explain it to me.

HUHHHH 😂😂😂

I *think* this is an estimate for the current processing time as if you applied right now. I don’t even pay any attention to that approximation anymore. I follow this spreadsheet. It really helps me mentally to see the cases processed daily. Little wins are better for me. For example, this is the highest processed month so far. We’ve moved into 4500 cases per month, with the expectation it’ll only increase further. I’m expecting (hoping) April will move to 5000/month. If I had any advice to give to someone, it would be to focus on these more short term goals than the long term one. Until your long term turns into short term 👍🏼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, KellyAust89 said:

Yeah that’s the spreadsheet I’ve been obsessively following hence my confusion.
Thank you for your reply, I agree. The daily numbers are what matters 🙂

yeah honestly I follow the data and this 16.5month processing time, even if it is the *past* 6 months still doesn't track for me but all data points to it decreasing to about 12months by Oct 2023 unless they slow down/speed up in the daily numbers. Obv there is a wide band of approvals, so 12months is prob approx earliest start (so maybe a few early but main focus around 12months with some later)

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tjozzPBSCE908J3Q6BSBEI5bgKsKy9eSRhPI0sriuXA/edit?usp=sharing

April update is done. I'll do the May update a little earlier in the month as I'm going to visit my fiance in Brazil at the end of May.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my expedite request via congressional office rejected by USCIS HQ, though they said we can try again with CSC. Submitted US national lab letter from my employer on business impact and personal letter going over personal financial impacts.

I wonder which expedites got through and what worked before I submit to CSC. Wonder if anyone here was one of those cases?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, frustratedcitizen said:

Had my expedite request via congressional office rejected by USCIS HQ, though they said we can try again with CSC. Submitted US national lab letter from my employer on business impact and personal letter going over personal financial impacts.

I wonder which expedites got through and what worked before I submit to CSC. Wonder if anyone here was one of those cases?

They have a list of reasons to expedite on the website, severe financial loss due to wait, humanitarian (people in war torn countries have been denied so it has to be extreme not 'things aren't ideal'), US government interest, USCIS made an error.

The financial one is a very niche case and generally all expedite reasons have to affect the petitioner not beneficery. Obv you can try but generally approved expedites are due to petitioner having deployment orders

Also reminder the expedite reasons on the website are for *all* visas so for instance the financial loss one is mostly aimed at employment based visas, not a k1/family visa

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Once NOA2 is received and NVC processes and generates a Case Number, I heard elsewhere that K-1 filers do not need to wait for any Interview Letter (IL) from the Embassy.

After NVC Case Number is generated, is the next step just to login to the Embassy/Consulate website (Mumbai in my case) and schedule an interview appointment?

If so, where do we upload any documents like tax returns, PCC, etc. to get Documentarily Qualified (DQ)?

Or is it that for K-1, we just need to complete DS-160 and prepare all the requisite documents (petitioner's tax returns, beneficiary's PCC, birth cert, etc.) to submit/show at the Interview?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I *think* (also from what I hear) that it depends on the embassy, but in cases like yours (Mumbai) and ours (Islamabad), as soon as our NVC case shows READY then yes we can go online and schedule our own interview.  And the DS-160 is done online while all other documents are taken to the interview.

I'm not an expert!  Someone please correct us if this is incorrect!  Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.