kausar

Oath taking ceremony at Campbell Education Center Houston

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Has anyone taken oath for naturalization at Campbell Education Center Houston? Can you please share your experience? Heard oath taking at USCIS takes much less time as compared to Campbell Education Center. What is the parking situation and are there more than one entrances in the building and what enterance is used for naturalization ceremony and is it OK to be late as I heard it is a long wait till start of ceremony.

Thanks for any input.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Why all these questions? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Other Timeline

I was there on the 14th. They tell you to get there at 7AM but the ceremony actually starts once the judge arrives at around 10-10:30am. The wait killed the joy and we couldn't get pictures with the judge or anything resembling USCIS. Only people in the military got to take pictures.

You can arrive at 8:30 so you don't have to wait in line for an hour to enter the building.

Overall glad that I'm done with immigration. 

04/27/2016 sent AOS PACKAGE

05/02/2016 PRIORITY DATE (day 1)

05/17/2016 FIRST NOA'S RECEIVED. HARD COPIES.

05/20/2016 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT FOR 06/01/2016

06/01/2016 Biometrics taken.

08/02/2016 I-765 Work Permit approved. (day 90)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Burnpro23 said:

I was there on the 14th. They tell you to get there at 7AM but the ceremony actually starts once the judge arrives at around 10-10:30am. The wait killed the joy and we couldn't get pictures with the judge or anything resembling USCIS. Only people in the military got to take pictures.

You can arrive at 8:30 so you don't have to wait in line for an hour to enter the building.

congratulations

8 hours ago, kausar said:

Has anyone taken oath for naturalization at Campbell Education Center Houston? Can you please share your experience? Heard oath taking at USCIS takes much less time as compared to Campbell Education Center. What is the parking situation and are there more than one entrances in the building and what enterance is used for naturalization ceremony and is it OK to be late as I heard it is a long wait till start of ceremony.

Thanks for any input.

you dont want to be late

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

02/05/2015 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02/06/2015(day ?) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
02/11/2015 (day ?) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails.
02/11/2015(day ? ) - Checks cashed
02/17/2015 (day ?) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-130, I-765)
02/23/2015 (day ?) - NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 03/04/2015

02/25/2015(day ?) - Successful walk-in Biometrics
03/04/2015 (day ?) - Biometrics appointment (Original)
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card production ordered

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card mailed

04/21/2015 (day ?) - EAD/AP card received
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated -
??/??/???? (day ?) - Received NOA about the interview appointment

4/22/2015 (day ?) - Interview

10/06/2015 (day ?) - I-485 Approved

10/10/2015 (day ?) - Green Card Received

Timeline
6 hours ago, Burnpro23 said:

Thanks. Is there any confusion in enterance to building? Are there more than one enterances? What is the parking situation?

7 minutes ago, kausar said:

Thanks. Is there any confusion in enterance to building? Are there more than one enterances? What is the parking situation?

No problem with parking. Few entrances but they will tell where to go if you try to enter to the wrong one. Like I said try to get there by 8/8:30am and you will not wait as long in line.

Edited by Burnpro23

Timeline
8 hours ago, Timona said:

Why all these questions? 

Want to get the information before hand as I am scheduled for oath taking at that place and haven't heard any good things. Even the intervewing officer told me about long wait if I am scheduled for oath there.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Burnpro23 said:

No problem with parking. Few entrances but they will tell where to go if you try to enter to the wrong one. Like I said try to get there by 8/8:30am and you will not wait as long in the queue.

Thank you so much.😀

Timeline
1 hour ago, kausar said:

Want to get the information before hand as I am scheduled for oath taking at that place and haven't heard any good things. Even the intervewing officer told me about long wait if I am scheduled for oath there.

just be there early enough and you will be fine.

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

02/23/2015 (day ?) - NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 03/04/2015

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

Oh and I forgot to tell you that they don't allow any visitors. Not even husband/wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
8 hours ago, kausar said:

Earlier I go, the more I'll have to wait. ☹️

Then plan to arrive at when ever time the letter told you to arrive. Don't be late.

Personally, after waiting many years to be granted the privilege of attending my oath ceremony, I didn't care less about having to wait on the actual day. I even drove up the day before to get an idea of traffic, location, parking etc. Did the same for my interview. But that's me , if I am able to and the situation affords it, I enjoy being self sufficient and not to rely on others.

Congratulations on reaching the final step of your immigration journey. 

Edited by STO Overland

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

Timeline
6 hours ago, STO Overland said:

Then plan to arrive at when ever time the letter told you to arrive. Don't be late.

Personally, after waiting many years to be granted the privilege of attending my oath ceremony, I didn't care less about having to wait on the actual day. I even drove up the day before to get an idea of traffic, location, parking etc. Did the same for my interview. But that's me , if I am able to and the situation affords it, I enjoy being self sufficient and not to rely on others.

Congratulations on reaching the final step of your immigration journey. 

Thanks. Actually the long wait in lines is quite a nuisance. But you are right, its just one day.

Timeline
3 hours ago, kausar said:

Thanks. Actually the long wait in lines is quite a nuisance. But you are right, its just one day.

Right it is

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 9/28/2022 at 12:42 PM, kausar said:

Thanks for any input.

Hi kausar, how was the Oath ceremony at the MO Campbell Education Center at the end? Was it as chaotic as I'm reading in other posts? I'm scheduled there as well in a few days at 7AM

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.