Mcaza2387

Schengen Visa / Interview in Poland

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, my Russian fiancé has her interview appointment scheduled in Warsaw for January 4th.

currently looking to apply for a Schengen visa to Spain so we can enter the EU.

did anybody else applied for a Schengen visa to Spain? Do you recall the name of the visa center or travel agency that was used in Russia to apply for the visa?

Thanks 

Timeline

Thank you! 

Did she apply for a Visa to Spain stating that she was going to stay there the whole time? 

Did you also provide a letter of sponsorship?

they are telling us that she needs to be able to proof that she has enough $ for her whole stay in Spain. So I’m thinking of sending a letter of sponsorship and my bank statements,

any suggestions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mcaza2387 said:

Thank you! 

Did she apply for a Visa to Spain stating that she was going to stay there the whole time? 

Did you also provide a letter of sponsorship?

they are telling us that she needs to be able to proof that she has enough $ for her whole stay in Spain. So I’m thinking of sending a letter of sponsorship and my bank statements,

any suggestions?

So, my wife hasn't ever had a Schengen visa, and we've been constantly monitoring the Spanish and Italian visa companies to see if we can get a date for her to go interview. Sorry, I can't provide much insight to the process of getting the visa, but there are Telegram/Whatsapp groups for Russian K1/spouse immigrants. I can probably get that info from my wife if your fiance doesn't have that yet.

Edited by Simplytex

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mcaza2387 said:

Yes please, that info will be greatly appreciated. So when are you guys planning on making the appointment for the Schengen visa?

😑

A few months ago, we had hoped that we might be able to meet in October for holiday/meet-up in Spain or Italy (both to actually just meet, but mainly to ensure that she did have a valid Schengen visa...) She had an appt booked for August but we realized that the turnaround time wasn't going to work (or at least, cutting it really, really closely to the time of travel) so cancelled the appointment. Sort of kicking myself now, because it's impossible to get appointments as they are all booked up given the current circumstances. I'd like to try again for the Dec/Jan timeframe, as by my estimating/hoping, she will have her interview sometime Q2 next  year and we really need to figure out the Schengen visa situation.

Timeline

I’m on the same boat. However, my fiancé managed to secure an appointment for her Schengen to Spain visa with BLS Intl for 09/30.

We have an appointment with the US Embassy in Warsaw on 01/04/23.

do you have the info of the WhatsApp group in Russia  that you mentioned in one of your posts before?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mcaza2387 said:

I’m on the same boat. However, my fiancé managed to secure an appointment for her Schengen to Spain visa with BLS Intl for 09/30.

We have an appointment with the US Embassy in Warsaw on 01/04/23.

do you have the info of the WhatsApp group in Russia  that you mentioned in one of your posts before?

If you speak Russian fluently, I can drop a few chat links.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mcaza2387 said:

I'll DM you, but I'm sure @Lynxyonok may have some good links as well.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mcaza2387 said:

However, my fiancé managed to secure an appointment for her Schengen to Spain visa with BLS Intl for 09/30.

That's good that she can do that now, definitely recommend it. I'd be interested to know how the process goes - does she have to have pre-made bookings/flight reservations, etc? From what I read, it seems to indicate that the bookings for the first trip must be paid, but my wife was telling me that the bookings can just be 'reserved' by a travel agent and changed later... I'm not sure how happy the country would be about that, but it would make the visa application a hell of a lot easier for us since she and I don't know 1) when we'll be able to best coordinate meeting up (assuming we did a 'test' run to use the visa) and 2) when the NOA2/NVC DQ/interview will be, though we have a best guess of Q2 next year for interview.

Timeline
On 9/21/2022 at 9:35 PM, Mcaza2387 said:

Hi, my Russian fiancé has her interview appointment scheduled in Warsaw for January 4th.

currently looking to apply for a Schengen visa to Spain so we can enter the EU.

did anybody else applied for a Schengen visa to Spain? Do you recall the name of the visa center or travel agency that was used in Russia to apply for the visa?

Thanks 

P.S. Don't forget about your own visa, too. Americans are about to lose visa-free entrance to EU.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lynxyonok said:

P.S. Don't forget about your own visa, too. Americans are about to lose visa-free entrance to EU.

https://etias.com/etias-requirements/etias-for-american-citizens seems like the launch is sometime in late 2023, and just a minor webform. Far less of a PITA than the Schengen visa for Russians, and actually somewhat understandable as we ask the same of EU citizens entering US through ESTA

Timeline

Has she had a schengen visa before? I’m removed from this process now but was deep into it previously, and found out many Russian applicants only get 30 day Visas especially for the first Schengen. So if you are trying to go ahead and get one far ahead of the interview that might not work. 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
On 9/23/2022 at 12:30 PM, Lynxyonok said:

If you speak Russian fluently, I can drop a few chat links.

P.S. I'm happy to help, but all my sources are for fluent Russian speakers. If you are one, just ask, and I will provide. Else, I will simply pray and wish well for you.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Has she had a schengen visa before? I’m removed from this process now but was deep into it previously, and found out many Russian applicants only get 30 day Visas especially for the first Schengen. So if you are trying to go ahead and get one far ahead of the interview that might not work. 

I appreciate the heads-up. My thought is that if my wife even is able to get a Schengen now as a first-time thing, even if it's 30 days for a meet-up type trip, then that will probably make it easier for getting one later when the interview is supposed to occur?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.