2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/30/2023 at 1:03 PM, asimove said:

thanks

i was just curious, because vawa was  approve, it was a part of 485 interview, pending approval 

Once VAWA always VAWA

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

My I485 got denied because I didn’t properly file I601 waiver. File motion to reconsider I290B and receive RFE to file another I601. I file I601 and sent the receipt notice to the local office as instructed in the RFE. Now, waiting for a decision on I290B, I485 and I601 at the same time. Same officer will make a decision on all these 3 cases at the local office. 
 Now , my EAD IS expiring in February 2024, should I send a renewal EAD or wait maybe my I485 will be approved before February? I don’t want to send them a check for EAD and MY GREEN CARD get approved, I will just lose my money. Any advice?

On 9/26/2023 at 11:59 AM, Rit said:

Hi Everyone ,

Here is my case details- 

I filed VAWA in December 2020. Replied to first RFE in March 2021. Last year October USCIS sent another RFE while i visited my home country using my advance parole. But the RFE was returned to USCIS because the post office could not deliver it as it has my previous attorney’s office address which she already closed her office last year August and didn’t even notify me. Since November 2022 i have been trying to contact USCIS requesting them to send copy of missing RFE. Sent so many written letters, updated my address, raised 4 service request but did not get any reply from them. 

This year April 2023 my I-485 AND  VAWA both got denied. I hired a new attorney, we filed I-290B same month. Attorney contacted Congressman and Ombudsman regarding missing RFE but the only reply we got USCIS is still doing background checking.

Now, yesterday my attorney called me and asked me to leave US before 3rd October as i have been out of status since this April and occurring unlawful presence staying beyond 180 days past. If i continue staying here while waiting to reopen I-290b then the denial can result in 5-10 years bar from entering the U.S. 

i am really stressing here a lot. All these years been just waiting and waiting. Lost my job this year since my both I-485 and vawa got denied due to missing RFE

My question is-

1) Do i really need to leave US by this 3rd October? 

2) If i just continue staying here and wait until both I-290B reopens, will that be any issue getting 5-10years banned entering U.S? 

2) We tried everything to get missing RFE copy from USCIS but did not get any response from them, is there any other way i can try to get copy of missing RFE?

Please advise as this is really stressing me out a lot. I really don’t want to just leave everything and go back to my home country. 

I don’t think you need to leave, stay here, don’t move. Because AFTER FILING I290, they will send you that RFE to make a decision on I290B and once you submit that RFE , your I290B will be approved and subsequently your I360 and I485 will be approved as well. Because basson what I hear here in the group, I360 approval forgive any unlawful presence. Many people get their green card through VAWA after overstaying for even 10 years

48 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

My I485 got denied because I didn’t properly file I601 waiver. File motion to reconsider I290B and receive RFE to file another I601. I file I601 and sent the receipt notice to the local office as instructed in the RFE. Now, waiting for a decision on I290B, I485 and I601 at the same time. Same officer will make a decision on all these 3 cases at the local office. 
 Now , my EAD IS expiring in February 2024, should I send a renewal EAD or wait maybe my I485 will be approved before February? I don’t want to send them a check for EAD and MY GREEN CARD get approved, I will just lose my money. Any advice?

Hi! Really, what was the mistake in 601, i just filed yesterday, lawyer was asking 10,000, i did it my self, also did you file the 601 @ the local office? i mailed mine to lewisville tx office, i think decision on your 601 will be fast, i saw people are approving in a month, when did you filled the first one, and which location, hopping for mine to be ok, lets see, but no more greedy lawyers, i am don with these people, enough is enough, they are getting beyond reasonable, taking full advantage of people already in pain!!!!

8 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Renew the EAD based on approved I-360  ( I think C 31 ) instead of C 09 adj. 

Remember no matter what happens to I- 485 you have that option. 

Is it worth the $..depends on your employer giving you hard time over expiration .

4 hours ago, Kely said:

To a us citizen. So i am eligible bow?

January 2024 date of you LPR anniversary minus 90 days is the earliest you can apply. That'a given you don't have trips over 6 months since getting GC and you spent most of the time in the US.

Edited by OldUser

Still waiting on my notice explaining the i485 denial and meanwhile trying to schedule a medical appointment. I called 2 places, one cost $150 and the other cost $500 (both with insurance). My first medical appointment I don’t remember drawing blood but the $500 appointment said that’s why it’s so expensive. I’m sure you guys all had medicals, is there a particular thing or price I should be looking for?

2 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Still waiting on my notice explaining the i485 denial and meanwhile trying to schedule a medical appointment. I called 2 places, one cost $150 and the other cost $500 (both with insurance). My first medical appointment I don’t remember drawing blood but the $500 appointment said that’s why it’s so expensive. I’m sure you guys all had medicals, is there a particular thing or price I should be looking for?

i did mine 2 months ago $250  ( before making appointment, ask them will they give you 1 copy for you, half doctor do, half dont, but good to have, so why not, trick is confirm it before making appointment 

16 hours ago, asimove said:

Hi! Really, what was the mistake in 601, i just filed yesterday, lawyer was asking 10,000, i did it my self, also did you file the 601 @ the local office? i mailed mine to lewisville tx office, i think decision on your 601 will be fast, i saw people are approving in a month, when did you filled the first one, and which location, hopping for mine to be ok, lets see, but no more greedy lawyers, i am don with these people, enough is enough, they are getting beyond reasonable, taking full advantage of people already in pain!!!!

My lawyer sent it without the RFE in it and USA returned it saying “ application not needed “ and submitted that notice saying application not needed to USCIS and they denied my I485. Filed i290b and received same rfe for i601 and this time i601 was well filed and received a receipt notice that I sent to the local office as per RFE instruction. I submitted my i601 to Dallas tx since my i485 receipt number started with SRC. 

Just now, God is a good God said:

My lawyer sent it without the RFE in it and USCIS returned it saying “ application not needed “ and submitted that notice saying application not needed to USCIS and they denied my I485. Filed i290b and received same rfe for i601 and this time i601 was well filed and received a receipt notice that I sent to the local office as per RFE instruction. I submitted my i601 to Dallas tx since my i485 receipt number started with SRC. 

6 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

My lawyer sent it without the RFE in it and USA returned it saying “ application not needed “ and submitted that notice saying application not needed to USCIS and they denied my I485. Filed i290b and received same rfe for i601 and this time i601 was well filed and received a receipt notice that I sent to the local office as per RFE instruction. I submitted my i601 to Dallas tx since my i485 receipt number started with SRC. 

thank you so much for reply!!!, my 485 start with EAC, but i mailed it through FEDEX ( USPS is Dallas, TX, and FEDEX is Lewisville, TX ) wondering which office is fast, both are in TX

3 hours ago, asimove said:

i did mine 2 months ago $250  ( before making appointment, ask them will they give you 1 copy for you, half doctor do, half dont, but good to have, so why not, trick is confirm it before making appointment 

did you have to do vaccines and blood tests?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.