2,974 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Inzya said:

I really really hope that everything will work out for you eventually 🙏

This is so sad 😔 

Did you have an interview?

Yes, I had an interview where I asked to hold the application in abeyance. All the application documents where properly filled out and I don’t have any unlawful presence etc..

10 hours ago, Priya25 said:

What, OMG! this is terrible, do you have any Idea why it could have been denied? 

No idea at all. Everything was filled out right etc. the only thing I could guess at this point is that they denied me without requesting RFE for medicals.. my medicals are over 4 years when I applied. But I was hoping they will give RFE for that.

3 hours ago, 2020filer said:

No idea at all. Everything was filled out right etc. the only thing I could guess at this point is that they denied me without requesting RFE for medicals.. my medicals are over 4 years when I applied. But I was hoping they will give RFE for that.

In that case they have to send you another RFE requesting for medicals. do you think of any instance where they could have send you the RFE and it never reached you. I recently got RFE but they never updated the status online that the RFE is issued. In that case we will never know if there is an RFE issued.

3 minutes ago, Priya25 said:

In that case they have to send you another RFE requesting for medicals. do you think of any instance where they could have send you the RFE and it never reached you. I recently got RFE but they never updated the status online that the RFE is issued. In that case we will never know if there is an RFE issued.

The status online never changed but they have 2 addresses where they usually send mail and my personal hasn’t gotten anything and my lawyers probably not either but they have not been telling me about any mail I receive I only find out from my personal. 

14 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

The status online never changed but they have 2 addresses where they usually send mail and my personal hasn’t gotten anything and my lawyers probably not either but they have not been telling me about any mail I receive I only find out from my personal. 

19 minutes ago, Priya25 said:

I just emailed my lawyers asking if they ever received RFE for my 485. If they did, they wouldn’t tell me - that much I know

I need some advice on divorce/marriage annulment.  I haven’t talked to my husband for years, I don’t know where he is and last time I heard about him he was in jail because of pedophilia. I DO NOT want to see him/talk to him or anything like that. How can I file for divorce without contacting him?

i also have ground for an annulment because he was already married when he married me but again - Do not want to see/talk to him. Last time we spoke I told him he was bigamy and he threatened me if I ever say that again since bigamy is crime but I can’t wait to have this marriage dissolved. Please help

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, Poupis said:

I need some advice on divorce/marriage annulment.  I haven’t talked to my husband for years, I don’t know where he is and last time I heard about him he was in jail because of pedophilia. I DO NOT want to see him/talk to him or anything like that. How can I file for divorce without contacting him?

i also have ground for an annulment because he was already married when he married me but again - Do not want to see/talk to him. Last time we spoke I told him he was bigamy and he threatened me if I ever say that again since bigamy is crime but I can’t wait to have this marriage dissolved. Please help

Get an attorney. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, asimove said:

Hi Everyone

in my recent 485 interview they issued me a RFE for 601 waiver, i just finish completing 601 my own, i am in NYC, any knowledge, which address to mail to, please help

thanks

Screenshot 2023-09-29 234931.png

Screenshot 2023-09-29 234946.png

Vermont

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday, and therefore time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================
THE CLASSY NURSING HOME

A family's ailing mother needed constant medical supervision, so they decided to bring her to a very expensive, caring nursing home for a day to try it out.

That morning, the nurses bathed her, fed her a good breakfast, and set her in a chair at a window that overlooked a lovely flower garden.  She seemed OK, but after a while, she slowly started to lean over sideways in her chair.

Two attentive nurses immediately rushed up to catch her and straighten her out.  Again, she seemed OK, but after a while she started to tilt toward the other side.  The nurses rushed back and once more brought her back upright.

This went on all morning.  Later, the family arrived to see how she was adjusting to her new home.

"So, Ma, how is it here?  Are they treating you all right?" they asked.

"It’s very nice," she replied, "except they won’t let me fart."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Kely said:

Hello. I have a question.? I received my green card through vawa in january 2021. When will i be eligible to apply for citizenship?  

Were you married to LPR or US citizen? If first, 5 years, if second - 3 years. You can file 90 days early

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.