2,974 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

No it’s not valid. 

Thank you! 

on a different note guys, I’m preparing for my denial to arrive and I followed up with my lawyers to send me my i360 approval notice (lawyers lost it before). They have sent it to me and I also received a Deferred Action note from them. What is that? It is valid for 3 more months. They never sent me any of these documents. 

37 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Thank you! 

on a different note guys, I’m preparing for my denial to arrive and I followed up with my lawyers to send me my i360 approval notice (lawyers lost it before). They have sent it to me and I also received a Deferred Action note from them. What is that? It is valid for 3 more months. They never sent me any of these documents. 

This so so freaking confusing! We wait 3-4 years for i360 approval. And now they deny i485. So getting approval for i360 still not enough????? God!!!:(

3 minutes ago, Ozy7 said:

This so so freaking confusing! We wait 3-4 years for i360 approval. And now they deny i485. So getting approval for i360 still not enough????? God!!!:(

I know :( I’m hoping it’s something not hard to fix.. but I didn’t get any RFEs, intends to deny etc. just straight up denial. 

My Congress person made an enquiry about my case, I got aproval for vawa 12/17/22 since then.nothing. Congress person was told that my adjustment of status had been transferred to my local office.  They contacted my local office about 4 weeks ago,  today I email my Congress person to know if they got any reply from local office to my surprise I was told my local office already sent a letter not to make an enquiry until after 90 days. They indicate with their wording that some "cases has unresolved issues that causes delay" that made my heart skipped. 

Edited by Risen

33 minutes ago, iamlost said:

After going through the whole 5 years of uncertainty and not knowing what's what, I'm here to share that my case has been finally resolved. Here's my timeline:  

September 2018 - I-360 and I-485 filed.

Between January 2021 - November 2022 - 9 congressional inquiries in my case. Every inquiry returns "case is going through a background check".

*Important note: back in 2021 the processing time for I-360 was around 24 months so my case was already outside of the normal processing times. 

March 2023 - filed a lawsuit against USCIS for unreasonable delay. At that point it had been 54 months since I filed my case.

April 2023 - first-ever RFE.

May 2023 - responded to RFE

June 2023 - I-360 approved, received EAD - 4 years 9 months after filing.

August 2023 - RFE for medicals for my I-485 case.

September 2023 - I-485 approved, card mailed to me - 5 years after filing.  

To all those out there who've been stuck in the waiting game for what feels like an eternity, I genuinely hope your resolution comes very soon. Filing a lawsuit against USCIS is NOT something I'd recommend for everyone because every case and every situation is different. In my case it was a game changer. 

Congrats!!  Happy to hear that you got it! I have a really similar issue to yours.  I filled 2018 October and I got the I-360 approved in 2020 Dec. I have done several congressional inquiries for I485 and all received the same answers all the time your case is pending and it is in the "security background check ".  I am thinking of filing a Mandamus against USCIS. I did not have enough courage to do it tho. How was the Mandamus process? Did you hire a different lawyer?  Thank you!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, steve_o said:

Congrats!!  Happy to hear that you got it! I have a really similar issue to yours.  I filled 2018 October and I got the I-360 approved in 2020 Dec. I have done several congressional inquiries for I485 and all received the same answers all the time your case is pending and it is in the "security background check ".  I am thinking of filing a Mandamus against USCIS. I did not have enough courage to do it tho. How was the Mandamus process? Did you hire a different lawyer?  Thank you!!

Thank you!

I think our cases are quite different. You already have your I-360 approved. I suggest you make a decision based on the I-485 processing times at your local office. If I were you I'd simply sit tight and wait. 

I hired a different lawyer and the process was straightforward, fast, and expensive.

21 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Our last joke worked really well!  Here now is our Semiweekly Semiofficial VAWA-Thread Joke:

=======================================================

THE PSYCHO'S SNAKE

A zoologist, a doctor, and a lawyer were kidnapped by an evil psychopath.

The psychopath said, "I'm going to get each of you to hold the most venomous snake in the world for ten minutes.  If it doesn't bite you, I'll let you go.  If you refuse, I'll shoot you."

The zoologist approached the snake carefully.  Using his knowledge, he tried to grab the back of the snake's head.  However, the snake was quicker, and his hand got bitten before it got 2 inches from the snake.  He fell dead almost instantly.

The doctor examined the snake, tried to find the best position to stop the snake from being uncomfortable, and held it.  The snake bit him, and he fell over dead.

The lawyer just muttered, "Screw it," and held the snake.  The snake stayed still and didn't bite him.  He held it for a full ten minutes, and the psychopath set him free.

After the lawyer left, the psychopath looked at the snake and asked, "Why didn't you kill that last one?"

"Professional courtesy," murmured the snake.

:P 

Snake won't bite HR too 🤣

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, iamlost said:

September 2023 - I-485 approved, card mailed to me

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again...  :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

11 hours ago, iamlost said:

After going through the whole 5 years of uncertainty and not knowing what's what, I'm here to share that my case has been finally resolved. Here's my timeline:  

September 2018 - I-360 and I-485 filed.

Between January 2021 - November 2022 - 9 congressional inquiries in my case. Every inquiry returns "case is going through a background check".

*Important note: back in 2021 the processing time for I-360 was around 24 months so my case was already outside of the normal processing times. 

March 2023 - filed a lawsuit against USCIS for unreasonable delay. At that point it had been 54 months since I filed my case.

April 2023 - first-ever RFE.

May 2023 - responded to RFE

June 2023 - I-360 approved, received EAD - 4 years 9 months after filing.

August 2023 - RFE for medicals for my I-485 case.

September 2023 - I-485 approved, card mailed to me - 5 years after filing.  

To all those out there who've been stuck in the waiting game for what feels like an eternity, I genuinely hope your resolution comes very soon. Filing a lawsuit against USCIS is NOT something I'd recommend for everyone because every case and every situation is different. In my case it was a game changer. 

Congratulation..its tough road, I am glad you crossed it. Hoping for some good news too .. finger crossed .

On 9/27/2023 at 10:59 AM, 2020filer said:

Guys, I requested my senator to inquire about my I485 card (my VAWA case was approved a year ago) and today I got an update that my I485 was denied. Has anyone had this before? Why is it denied and what do I do now?

What, OMG! this is terrible, do you have any Idea why it could have been denied? 

18 hours ago, iamlost said:

Thank you!

I think our cases are quite different. You already have your I-360 approved. I suggest you make a decision based on the I-485 processing times at your local office. If I were you I'd simply sit tight and wait. 

I hired a different lawyer and the process was straightforward, fast, and expensive.

I hear you thanks for your suggestion. That is what exactly I do.  Uscis & congressional inquiries can not help me from this point because of the security background check process.

I485 processing time is 19 months but I have been waiting for 33 months now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.