2,974 posts in this topic

Hello beautiful people,

I got an Rfe in May for medicals. Did the medicals really fast and gave the report to my lawyer who practically dragged her feet to send it. My lawyer sent the medical Rfe by mail 3 weeks ago and I am yet to receive a notice that they received it. Is this typical or should I be worried? It was sent to the local office in NYC office. I have been on this since 2018. Is anyone in this situation? Should I schedule an info pass? Kindly share your experience or advice.

18 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hello everyone,

Remember my i485 was denied because the officer said I didn’t properly file the waiver and didn’t submit the i601 receipt notice with a receipt number on it as per RFE. The fact is that I submitted the i601 waiver package and it got returned with a notice saying

« your application /petition is being returned as it is not needed at this moment »,

I sent that notice to the local office but apparently the officer ignored it or didn’t receive it while making decision on my petition . I submit a motion to reconsider last April, and yesterday I decided to go to the local office with an INFOPASS appointment to explain my situation. The supervisor came, I explained to her the situation and she took the proofs of the notice from uscis saying my application was returned and don’t need a waiver and proof of mailing it to the officer. She went inside and after 15min she came out and told me they have assigned my case to an officer for review, hoping I get approved now🙏🏾.

How did you schedule an infopass. The automated assistant doesn’t help matters. Kindly share how you did it successfully. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, God's son said:

Hello beautiful people,

I got an Rfe in May for medicals. Did the medicals really fast and gave the report to my lawyer who practically dragged her feet to send it. My lawyer sent the medical Rfe by mail 3 weeks ago and I am yet to receive a notice that they received it. Is this typical or should I be worried? It was sent to the local office in NYC office. I have been on this since 2018. Is anyone in this situation? Should I schedule an info pass? Kindly share your experience or advice.

Just give them 60 days. I sent mine to NYC then after 10 days i went to approval. They did not send me any notifications whether they received it or not. 

Right now they will not schedule infopass appointment for you. They will tell you to wait 60 days. 

21 minutes ago, God's son said:

How did you schedule an infopass. The automated assistant doesn’t help matters. Kindly share how you did it successfully. Thank you.

Try to chat with them. 

1 hour ago, God's son said:

Hello beautiful people,

You could ask your senator or congressman to follow up with USCIS if they received it. USCIS doesn't give any acknowledgement for RFEs aside the status getting updated on their website and sometimes that just doesn't go through either.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

3 hours ago, God's son said:

I called the uscis number and spoke to someone. She asked me few questions about my case and I told her I want an infopass to explain my situation. She put me on a callback list and told me that an immigration officer will reach out to me in 30 days to schedule the infopass, but 4 hours after the same day, I received a call from the officer and schedule my appointment for the following day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
15 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

4 hours after the same day, I received a call from the officer and schedule my appointment for the following day

Excellent!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, balo101 said:

Just give them 60 days. I sent mine to NYC then after 10 days i went to approval. They did not send me any notifications whether they received it or not. 

Right now they will not schedule infopass appointment for you. They will tell you to wait 60 days. 

Try to chat with them. 

Thanks, I sure will. 

20 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

I called the uscis number and spoke to someone. She asked me few questions about my case and I told her I want an infopass to explain my situation. She put me on a callback list and told me that an immigration officer will reach out to me in 30 days to schedule the infopass, but 4 hours after the same day, I received a call from the officer and schedule my appointment for the following day

Thank you. I just got off the phone with an agent and was told the same thing. Which is that if I want to schedule an Infopass, I will have to wait for a call within 30 days or write to the Vermont office. Hopefully they call me soonest. So what’s the key word that will make them schedule an infopass? Any leads will be helpful.. Will USCIS  take into account that I have been on this since Aug. 2018…The thing is I just want to be sure they received my medicals because I don’t really trust my lawyer. They don’t know the pain we go through and really don’t care.. all they are about is money. When this process is finally over, I will write on lessons learned.

6 minutes ago, God's son said:

Thank you. I just got off the phone with an agent and was told the same thing. Which is that if I want to schedule an Infopass, I will have to wait for a call within 30 days or write to the Vermont office. Hopefully they call me soonest. So what’s the key word that will make them schedule an infopass? Any leads will be helpful.. Will USCIS  take into account that I have been on this since Aug. 2018…The thing is I just want to be sure they received my medicals because I don’t really trust my lawyer. They don’t know the pain we go through and really don’t care.. all they are about is money. When this process is finally over, I will write on lessons learned.

The officer will just  ask you for the zip code and provide you with a code for infopass. And you will automatically receive an email with a link to print out your infopass appointment 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, God is a good God said:

delivered today and gave me another chance to refile the I-601 waiver. So that they can make a decision on both i290b and i485.

Fingers crossed for you!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.