2,974 posts in this topic

Hello fam! I have a few questions and would genuinely appreciate your time for the below:

1. For renewing combo card, I can still apply at least 6 months before expiry. What happens if I apply more than before 6 months? Will they return my application?

2. What is the current processing time going for renewals? I read somewhere even renewals still taking around an year. 
3. Would renewing EAD give automatic extension of 180 days or 360 days? I might be wrong but I remember reading that they were giving renewals extension of 360 or I guess 540 days because of back-log. Did they come back again to 180 days?

4. I’m planning to change state of residence but my lawyer is suggesting against it saying it will make my process more lengthy. Is it true?

Thank you gor your time! 😊

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Hello fam! I have a few questions and would genuinely appreciate your time for the below:

1. For renewing combo card, I can still apply at least 6 months before expiry. What happens if I apply more than before 6 months? Will they return my application?

2. What is the current processing time going for renewals? I read somewhere even renewals still taking around an year. 
3. Would renewing EAD give automatic extension of 180 days or 360 days? I might be wrong but I remember reading that they were giving renewals extension of 360 or I guess 540 days because of back-log. Did they come back again to 180 days?

4. I’m planning to change state of residence but my lawyer is suggesting against it saying it will make my process more lengthy. Is it true?

Thank you gor your time! 😊

1-You can  renew the EAD if it will expire within the next 6 months. .

2-  9 to 12 months

3- https://www.uscis.gov/eadautoextend

4- Depending on the state to which you are relocating, the length may vary.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/31/2023 at 3:41 PM, Reister said:

On 5/31/2023 at 3:41 PM, Reister said:

Hello VJ family . How long does it take for them to process your case after you get I 485 transfer notice ? NBC transferred to local field office (Baltimore FO) 

It takes 24 to 30 months.

41 minutes ago, sandranj said:

1-You can  renew the EAD if it will expire within the next 6 months. .

2-  9 to 12 months

3- https://www.uscis.gov/eadautoextend

4- Depending on the state to which you are relocating, the length may vary.

Hi Sandra! If my EAD expires in Apr-2024 (6months before Apr-2024 is Nov-2023). If I file in Sep-2023, will they still process my renewal application or return it?

1 hour ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Hi Sandra! If my EAD expires in Apr-2024 (6months before Apr-2024 is Nov-2023). If I file in Sep-2023, will they still process my renewal application or return it?

They can easily return your file to you if don't follow the rules.

You have to send your renewal at least 6 months (180days) before the expiration date.

The renewal receipt notice automatically extend the current EAD.

So why taking the risk of seeing your file delayed,then returned for not follow the rules?

Edited by Rhema1

30 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

They can easily return your file to you if don't follow the rules.

You have to send your renewal at least 6 months (180days) before the expiration date.

The renewal receipt notice automatically extend the current EAD.

So why taking the risk of seeing your file delayed,then returned for not follow the rules?

Thank youbfor your response! You’re right about it. Actually, my EAD will expire late May and 180 days before it for renewing it will be around Nov 2023. USCIS says: they will give 540 days extension for all renewal applications filed before Oct 26 2023; and for renewal applications filed after this date, automatic extension will be for 180 days. Hence, I was thinking to send mine a month before. 

38 minutes ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Thank youbfor your response! You’re right about it. Actually, my EAD will expire late May and 180 days before it for renewing it will be around Nov 2023. USCIS says: they will give 540 days extension for all renewal applications filed before Oct 26 2023; and for renewal applications filed after this date, automatic extension will be for 180 days. Hence, I was thinking to send mine a month before. 

Nothing to panic or to be worried about.

You most likely gonna received the new EAD card long before the end those 180 days extension in the worsted scenario.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline
20 hours ago, St22 said:

I just travel for the second time with a combo card and I do not have not a problem to comeback to the US. So Dont be scared if you have the combo card and adjustment pending no criminal background you are good to go

No matter how we preach it here, those that are scared will still be scared. 

I careless about the  time the whole process takes cos I can work and travel . That is more important to me . 

Good for my mental health.

55 minutes ago, bRANKLATA said:

@sandranj or anyone that knows, 

Would you recommend travelling abroad while waiting for i-485 response? 
I sent the medical to MO office a month ago but i plan to travel. 

Thank you

If you have an approved I-360.

You have a pending I-485

You have submitted your medical.

You are not in any removal proceeding and have never asked for any asylum.

You have a valid EAD/AP card.

Nothing to be afraid of.

Because even during the second verification at the Port of entry, the border officer discovered that your Form I-485 had just been denied, he will still let you in because you have the right to appeal or reconsider of case.

But If it not for an urgent matter, the best answer is just to wait because you are almost there.

I myself didn't traveled again after submitting my medical.

Edited by Rhema1

17 minutes ago, anonymousVAWApet said:

What if...

Filed 360. Stayed with the abuser. More abuse occurred. File a separate 360? Okay to have two 360's running concurrently?

i think it is not a good idea to have two 360's. Just keep record of abuse just incase if you get any RFE then you can present that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.