2,974 posts in this topic

Hi, I would love some insight on this matter. So I applied for VAWA along with everything else and I got approved for my work permit and travel without doing a biometric. However today I received a letter in the mail about my biometric appointment scheduled for the 20th which already passed and it’s 3 hrs away from me. I immediately called USCIS to see if they could rescheduled but was told my lawyer had to do it. All my mails are sent to her first because her address is my safe address since I don’t have a stable place. Couple days before getting the Biometric notice I received my EAD in the mail but on the bottom it said not authorized for re entry eventho my travel permit was approved and on the approval notice it said the EAD card that is mailed to me would have I-512 endorsement on it to indicate I’ve been approved to travel.. do you think it was an error of USCIS to not have included my approval for travel on the card? I have not received any other documentation giving me approval for same. 

9 hours ago, Cartdeb said:

Hi, I would love some insight on this matter. So I applied for VAWA along with everything else and I got approved for my work permit and travel without doing a biometric. However today I received a letter in the mail about my biometric appointment scheduled for the 20th which already passed and it’s 3 hrs away from me. I immediately called USCIS to see if they could rescheduled but was told my lawyer had to do it. All my mails are sent to her first because her address is my safe address since I don’t have a stable place. Couple days before getting the Biometric notice I received my EAD in the mail but on the bottom it said not authorized for re entry eventho my travel permit was approved and on the approval notice it said the EAD card that is mailed to me would have I-512 endorsement on it to indicate I’ve been approved to travel.. do you think it was an error of USCIS to not have included my approval for travel on the card? I have not received any other documentation giving me approval for same. 

First of all try to go to nearest application support center to see if they can still take your biometrics. Sometimes they do take biometrics.

What does your i-131 status show on the uscis website? Did you receive papers base ap?

2 hours ago, balo101 said:

First of all try to go to nearest application support center to see if they can still take your biometrics. Sometimes they do take biometrics.

What does your i-131 status show on the uscis website? Did you receive papers base ap?

The I-131 shows case was approved and I also received the approval notice. 

Hello, 

My I-485 status changed to "Notice returned by the Post Office"  today. 

So i have sent an inquiry to get a copy, sent an email to Senator's Office to make an inquiry on my behalf as well. Waiting. 

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

17 minutes ago, 777_777 said:

Hello, 

My I-485 status changed to "Notice returned by the Post Office"  today. 

So i have sent an inquiry to get a copy, sent an email to Senator's Office to make an inquiry on my behalf as well. Waiting. 

I am just wondering what it could be? Have you had your finger prints taken?

1 minute ago, balo101 said:

I am just wondering what it could be? Have you had your finger prints taken?

Yes status changed to Fingerprints were taken on 03/23/2022 (they just reused my previous biometrics) 

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

1 hour ago, Angelmia said:

Hello everyone. Please has anyone used prima facie for financial aid for a master program? Also please is the financial aid from PF free or is it to be repaid in the future. Thank you all for your help. 

If it is an aid for a master's program, it must be repaid except if you have other grants that are non-repayable. I used PF for my financial aid and have completed my master's degree. I am hoping to benefit from President Biden's student financial aid relief. All the best.

1 minute ago, LittlebyLittle said:

Hi Everyone! 

I have this status update from today on the USCIC

Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It

Please advise!

On October 28, 2022, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, Receipt Number ********, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Just now, LittlebyLittle said:

On October 28, 2022, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, Receipt Number ********, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Did anyone get something like that before? And what should I do?

21 minutes ago, LittlebyLittle said:

Did anyone get something like that before? And what should I do?

How long is your case pending? Have you received any PF or RFE

2 minutes ago, balo101 said:

How long is your case pending? Have you received any PF or RFE

Since 5/2/22

Yes, I received all the notices about acceptance, employment authorizations and prima facia as well. So yeah, i received so many mail on my current address and I didn't move. So, have no idea whats happening...(((

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.