NikNush

Posting of Medical to Sydney Embassy

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Team, 

I am picking up my medical today from Sonic Health and will need to post it to Sydney Embassy. Am I supposed to do registered post and if so who do I address it to and who signs for it at the embassy? Do I post it to Suite 2 Millar street address? 

My interview is on 11th October so I have a bit of time don't need to post it right away but would like to get it done asap. 

Thanks for your help. 

Anushka

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In most countries, the medical is sent to the embassy directly from them. You will get a copy, and another copy will be sent to the embassy by the approved physician that did the exam. I searched the embassy website, and see no mention of you having to send the medical to the embassy. I see the sonic health listed as a approved panel physician . You may want to check with them when you pick up your medical if they send a copy to the embassy. This is usually done to keep anyone from tampering with the medical results before the embassy gets them.

Also, as a side note, your visa expiration is going to be tied to the date of your medical, so it usually isn't advised to do the medical until 2 weeks before the interview. Just know that you lost about a month of validity by doing the medical early. Not a big deal as long as you are planning on using the visa right after it is issued. Instead of 6 months, you will have a little less than 5 to travel to the US.

Another note, when you pick up your copy since you are doing a K1, make sure you have a copy of the DS-3025 vaccination summary. You will want to send a copy of this if it shows vaccinations competed when you file for AOS in the US.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

You may want to check with them when you pick up your medical if they send a copy to the embassy. This is usually done to keep anyone from tampering with the medical results before the embassy gets them.

Thanks Loren, in the email from Sonic Health it said 'For interstate candidates who are applying for a K-1/Diversity Visa, please note that the medical will be posted out to you once it has been completed and it is your responsibility to forward that on to the consulate. If you do require express posting, please ensure that you have one ready when you come in for your medical with us." As I am living in Melbourne maybe they asked me to come pick it up from the office. The doctor did mention when he saw me - dont open the envelop, post it as it is or the medical will be considered invalid, so I think i am meant to post the copy I get from Sonic Health to the Medical but will double check with them thanks. 

I plan to the US within 2-3 weeks of finishing my interview so should be okay re expiry of the medical, thank you for explaining though :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok, seems like that's how it's done. Maybe because it is a longer distance from the embassy.  If that's what they told you, go with it.  You should be able to send it to the main address,  and put attention immigration visa unit. Or email the embassy to double check the address they want it mailed to. 

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

Ok, seems like that's how it's done. Maybe because it is a longer distance from the embassy.  If that's what they told you, go with it.  You should be able to send it to the main address,  and put attention immigration visa unit. Or email the embassy to double check the address they want it mailed to. 

Yes Sonic Health in Melbourne issue a sealed envelope to the applicant. For our IR5 visa application,  we carried the sealed envelope to the interview. We were not required to send it to them prior to the interview .  Double check the Syd Consulate instructions .. it should tell you where to send it if this is required .. otherwise does it say to bring it to the interview ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Yes Sonic Health in Melbourne issue a sealed envelope to the applicant. For our IR5 visa application,  we carried the sealed envelope to the interview. We were not required to send it to them prior to the interview .  Double check the Syd Consulate instructions .. it should tell you where to send it if this is required .. otherwise does it say to bring it to the interview ? 

@NikNush, I would check to see if the results need to be posted or can be hand-carried to the interview.  I personally would choose the hand-carry option, to avoid lost mail or the report not getting collated with your case files.

Timeline

Hi everyone thanks so much for your help - I reached out to Sydney Consulate and they said I don't need to post it to them, I just bring it with me to the interview as is. 

Thanks so much!

Timeline
56 minutes ago, NikNush said:

Hi everyone thanks so much for your help - I reached out to Sydney Consulate and they said I don't need to post it to them, I just bring it with me to the interview as is. 

Thanks so much!

Glad you were able to get the answer straight from the Syd embassy. We always found them very helpful and responsive. We hand carried our medicals too .. seems that is still their routine. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

Glad you were able to get the answer straight from the Syd embassy. We always found them very helpful and responsive. We hand carried our medicals too .. seems that is still their routine. 

Thank you! that makes so much sense given it is still sealed etc. Not sure why the receptionist at Sonic Health told me I would need to post it to the embassy, really confused me. thanks!

Timeline
10 hours ago, NikNush said:

Thank you! that makes so much sense given it is still sealed etc. Not sure why the receptionist at Sonic Health told me I would need to post it to the embassy, really confused me. thanks!

I understand !! Its really easy to get thrown by some small comment / sentence you read .. I remember the feeling very well. Hope things go well .. Sydney staff are great and very efficient.. breathe !  We did our interview on 17th of the month, passports back to us by the 22nd and we flew out of Australia on the 2nd of the next month .. having sold our house in the short period between ! 🤪

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lil bear said:

I understand !! Its really easy to get thrown by some small comment / sentence you read .. I remember the feeling very well. Hope things go well .. Sydney staff are great and very efficient.. breathe !  We did our interview on 17th of the month, passports back to us by the 22nd and we flew out of Australia on the 2nd of the next month .. having sold our house in the short period between ! 🤪

wow amazing! thank you so much - hope we get a quick turnaround like you guys did. lol I sold my house in March thinking this was going to happen a lot faster, and have put in my resignation for the 21st eek. Good to hear some success stories from Sydney Consulate! :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 12:12 AM, Lil bear said:

Just curious how long did it take for you to be issued an interview? I'm seeing horror stories where some people have been waiting over a year and are hearing nothing. Thanks. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Straya said:

Just curious how long did it take for you to be issued an interview? I'm seeing horror stories where some people have been waiting over a year and are hearing nothing. Thanks. 

Our applications were processed in 2016 -well before COVID   Sorry to tell you that our I130 PD was Dec 29 2015. Our whole process was completed in less than 8 months. Hasnt been that fast for about 4 years .. things were slowing down even pre COVID. The aussie lock downs created a huge backlog as Sydney consulate was closed for an extended period several times. I know things aren't anywhere near caught up. Once DQualifued, your application will sit at the NVC until you reach the top of the list for Sydney interviews   I do not know how long people are waiting in Sydney.. but i see reports as you have of 1-2 years wait for the interview. 
Do a search on the Timelines section of the vj site .. limit by using Sydney and your visa type .. it will show you timelines for those who have updated theirs after their interview. 😓

4 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Our applications were processed in 2016 -well before COVID   Sorry to tell you that our I130 PD was Dec 29 2015. Our whole process was completed in less than 8 months. Hasnt been that fast for about 4 years .. things were slowing down even pre COVID. The aussie lock downs created a huge backlog as Sydney consulate was closed for an extended period several times. I know things aren't anywhere near caught up. Once DQualifued, your application will sit at the NVC until you reach the top of the list for Sydney interviews   I do not know how long people are waiting in Sydney.. but i see reports as you have of 1-2 years wait for the interview. 
Do a search on the Timelines section of the vj site .. limit by using Sydney and your visa type .. it will show you timelines for those who have updated theirs after their interview. 😓

Thanks. I saw on the US Consulate FB page today that interviews for DQ in jan22 have been done. We are still waiting for approval from USCIS. I wish we had expedited before my husband's deployment. Our advisor told us it wasn't a valid reason but now I see it was. 

I'm wondering whether being inside a PCS window on return might be a valid reason to expedite the nvc process and interview or if it's even possible. 

Covid really screwed everything up 😩😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.