Unknown4

can someone enlighten me on what gotta happen, I am place on Administrative Processing

9 posts in this topic

Hi people, I am from Nigeria, I had my cr1 interview July 29 2022 I was put on Administrative Processing and my visa status saying REFUSED, US embassy called me to summit some documents August 11 2022 which I sent it to the embassy August 15 2022 my visa status still remain in REFUSED but the date were UPDATING,embassy called me again to summit my international passport August 19 2022, I submitted my international passport August 22 2022 and my visa status change from REFUSED to READY August 23 2022, US embassy sent me all my civil documents and i collected all my civil documents with the US embassy on August 29 2022 but my international passport never return to me yet,till today my visa status still remain in READY and the date dont update and my visa status never change to ISSUED,my international passport still with the US Embassy ,I need you to kindly answer me on what I should be expecting concerning the visa...does the visa will be issued?. thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The embassy is doing the extra security checks and u are in AP till the process is finished

it may go back and forth to refused and ready but until a, decision is made to issue or deny u just wait

good that the CO asked for passport / it is needed to check your travel history and to ensure u will not travel out of the country while u wait for AP

as to your question - it can't be answered here 

no one knows what will show up in the AP and what is in the mind of the CO

On 9/1/2022 at 9:23 PM, Unknown4 said:

Hi people, I am from Nigeria, I had my cr1 interview July 29 2022 I was put on Administrative Processing and my visa status saying REFUSED, US embassy called me to summit some documents August 11 2022 which I sent it to the embassy August 15 2022 my visa status still remain in REFUSED but the date were UPDATING,embassy called me again to summit my international passport August 19 2022, I submitted my international passport August 22 2022 and my visa status change from REFUSED to READY August 23 2022, US embassy sent me all my civil documents and i collected all my civil documents with the US embassy on August 29 2022 but my international passport never return to me yet,till today my visa status still remain in READY and the date dont update and my visa status never change to ISSUED,my international passport still with the US Embassy ,I need you to kindly answer me on what I should be expecting concerning the visa...does the visa will be issued?. thanks 

Just to update you guys that following my case here, my case status has changed from READY to ADMINISTRATIVE-PROCESSING on September 02 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 9/3/2022 at 12:38 PM, Unknown4 said:

Just to update you guys that following my case here, my case status has changed from READY to ADMINISTRATIVE-PROCESSING on September 02 2022

When it says Adminstrative Processing that’s when they really are actively working on the case, it shouldn’t take long for it to change to issued

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, Unknown4 said:

Thanks for your reply ,it has turn issued on 6 of September 2022... my visa is with me already

Congratulations!! It's indeed a long and tiring process.

If you wouldn't mind, what were the civil documents asked to be provided after your interview? Your response will help guide people going through the same consulate on what to bring ready to the interview. We have heard of them asking for Identifications dating back to 10-15 years back, School Certificates etc....Your pointers will be of immense help to Applicants who will be passing through Lagos COs.

Thanks

2 hours ago, AfroKing said:

Congratulations!! It's indeed a long and tiring process.

If you wouldn't mind, what were the civil documents asked to be provided after your interview? Your response will help guide people going through the same consulate on what to bring ready to the interview. We have heard of them asking for Identifications dating back to 10-15 years back, School Certificates etc....Your pointers will be of immense help to Applicants who will be passing through Lagos COs.

Thanks

About administrative Processing things Co can asked you to summit always different not same things from differentpeople, like my own it was about medical report about me ex wife. US Embassy IN NIGERIA No more request people to come or bring 10 or 15 years Identifications or schools Certificates etc since Trump has left US president,they were requesting that when donald Trump was US president, so since Joe Biden has become US president they are not requesting all that again

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/21/2022 at 12:38 PM, Unknown4 said:

About administrative Processing things Co can asked you to summit always different not same things from differentpeople, like my own it was about medical report about me ex wife. US Embassy IN NIGERIA No more request people to come or bring 10 or 15 years Identifications or schools Certificates etc since Trump has left US president,they were requesting that when donald Trump was US president, so since Joe Biden has become US president they are not requesting all that again

On 9/21/2022 at 12:38 PM, Unknown4 said:

They actually still ask, it has nothing to do with whoever is the United State's President as the Embassy is given a free hand to do their job without political sentiments. The reason they mostly ask is to confirm identity since Nigeria generally lacks a central data and anyone could easily get legal documents down here. That said, there's no one-size-fits-all when it comes to the consulate. I will still urge anyone going through the Lagos Consulate to bring anything they could lay their hands on pertaining to their lives lol. People have been asked a copy of their parent's National ID in cases that don;t even relate to their cases, even work resume and CV's etc. The CO has complete discretion. 

To anyone reading this, take as much document as you could think, AP isn't really fun in Lagos Embassy oo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.