Sammy.NZ

Biometrics Appointment post US arrival

7 posts in this topic

Hey all! My husband has been in the States since mid June & just feeling blindsided about a biometrics appointment request he received. He has been anxiously awaiting his green card in the mail (he received a notification 15 days ago that it was being produced) and he was surprised by how long it was taking…  he just logged back in to find that he had a notice of request for a biometric appointment that they scheduled him in for Sept 7th. I’m just confused if this is normal , I thought I was well versed in this process and we had already ticked every box and finished everything… they already approved his visa. They did a criminal background check back in New Zealand and took his fingerprints at the consulate when he was interviewed… just wanting to know if this is a normal step for everyone as I was not expecting him to have to do another appointment or finger print scan in the U.S. ? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sammy.NZ said:

Hey all! My husband has been in the States since mid June & just feeling blindsided about a biometrics appointment request he received. He has been anxiously awaiting his green card in the mail (he received a notification 15 days ago that it was being produced) and he was surprised by how long it was taking…  he just logged back in to find that he had a notice of request for a biometric appointment that they scheduled him in for Sept 7th. I’m just confused if this is normal , I thought I was well versed in this process and we had already ticked every box and finished everything… they already approved his visa. They did a criminal background check back in New Zealand and took his fingerprints at the consulate when he was interviewed… just wanting to know if this is a normal step for everyone as I was not expecting him to have to do another appointment or finger print scan in the U.S. ? 

That's pretty unusual in an immigrant visa process.  Perhaps his biometrics were corrupted.  Just attend the appointment. If you get an explanation, please report back.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

6 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

That's pretty unusual in an immigrant visa process.  Perhaps his biometrics were corrupted.  Just attend the appointment. If you get an explanation, please report back.

A wee update already: my husband called USCIS to see if he could reschedule the appointment and asked for an explanation on why this was needed and they told him it’s been happening a lot recently ..for some reason a lot of the ones done at consulates are getting rejected at the moment. They said most likely they weren’t satisfied with the quality of photos or fingerprints taken by the consulate. Very odd indeed. 

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to Moving to the US and Your New Life In America forum -- OP's husband is done with the visa process, now waiting for GC production in the US ***

21 hours ago, Sammy.NZ said:

he just logged back in to find that he had a notice of request for a biometric appointment that they scheduled him in for Sept 7th.

Check the thread below about a similar case --

Edited by Chancy
added thread link

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to Moving to the US and Your New Life In America forum -- OP's husband is done with the visa process, now waiting for GC production in the US ***

Check the thread below about a similar case --

They probably didn't have good prints and need to retake them. Once you go to the biometrics appointment, two weeks later you'll get the GC.

• 8 months later...

Hi, did your husband end up getting his GC? Same thing has happened to me and i'm so worried!! I am also CR1 visa and have been in the US for over 90 days waiting for my GC.

On 4/25/2023 at 11:28 AM, RM1996 said:

Hi, did your husband end up getting his GC? Same thing has happened to me and i'm so worried!! I am also CR1 visa and have been in the US for over 90 days waiting for my GC.

Yes! He did. It ended up being about 4 months from when he entered the country though! Took bloody ages but it eventually came. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.