3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiance is from Peru and doesn't have any vaccine records that he could bring to the medical. We live 14 hours from the capital (Lima) and are wondering if he should get some vaccines where we live before the medical to save some money. The problem is I don't know if these vaccines are going to be validated by the doctor at the medical or if he's going to have to get them all over again regardless. It also seems dangerous to administer 5+ vaccines in one day. Is there an official record he could get here or should we just wait until we are in Lima? I would love to know anyone's experience as it seems the doctor decides which ones you need anyway. I don't know which ones to get and I don't know if you can be vaccinated at a place other than one in Lima.

if you dont know which one to get, better to have the appointed doctor decide / tell you which one to get. 

sometimes u might not need to get all the vaccine if ur fiance already got it when she was young, but she doesnt have the record. the doctor can order blood work / titer to find out what your fiance need. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
4 hours ago, Erin & Hugo said:

My fiance is from Peru and doesn't have any vaccine records that he could bring to the medical. We live 14 hours from the capital (Lima) and are wondering if he should get some vaccines where we live before the medical to save some money. The problem is I don't know if these vaccines are going to be validated by the doctor at the medical or if he's going to have to get them all over again regardless. It also seems dangerous to administer 5+ vaccines in one day. Is there an official record he could get here or should we just wait until we are in Lima? I would love to know anyone's experience as it seems the doctor decides which ones you need anyway. I don't know which ones to get and I don't know if you can be vaccinated at a place other than one in Lima.

We (IR1) opted to get vaccines ahead of time and thought she had all she needed except one. Despite that, the "approved" doctor gave her 4 vaccines; though some were boosters. You may be able to save a little money doing at least some of them ahead of time, if you do, save the records. If you have enough time prior to medical, do all required booster shots as well. 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1 (search for table 1, Vaccine Requirements According to Applicant Age). This should give you an idea but in the end it is up to the approved physician. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.