EternalWait

RCMP police certificate processing delay

123 posts in this topic

Wow! Thats quick. Is it police certificate under privacy act?  After waiting for 2 months, we got a call from local rcmp saying fingerprints were not done correctly. Sent new one n still have not received anything. Tried calling RCMP CCRTIS and no one picks up the call. Tried email as well n no response either. No idea what to do.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

@3LabMom: do you mind sharing where you are located? Just wondering if it depends on the location that you ordered from.

@F2J_March My husband went to a place in Calgary (https://www.globalfingerprinting.ca/contact.php) as he couldn't make any of the appt times at the RCMP detachment near us.  It was for the police certificate under privacy act.  I went to the detachment on the 21st.  I will keep you posted if I have the same luck.

@immishok: oh ok. it was digital. This is the 2nd one we are doing as the first one expired this oct. I tried calling today but unfortunately my husband has to provide consent form to release info so I was not provided with any update. We have sent consent form and will try to call tomorrow as well. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@F2J_March I received my RCMP Police Certificate today (fingerprinted on 21st).  Two friends also did theirs on 26th and got theirs on the 28th!  The three quickest were done in Calgary (not at a detachment).  Mine was the longest and at an RCMP detachment just outside Calgary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!! Just sharing my experience getting my police record. I did my fingerprints in Montreal November 22nd and i received it on November 30th. It was pretty quick.

I need an opinion. On the part where it says "Other (provide details)", it's written in french, it says "Autre (donner détails)". I wonder, since i live in a french province, if they automatically put in french. Since the police certificate is in english and french, i don't think it will be a problem. But now i'm second guessing, and wonder if it will create a problem and ask me to translate it. Do you guys think it will be an issue ?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/1/2022 at 4:49 PM, Tiabeanie said:

I'm sharing my experience with getting my police record

November 22 Got fingerprinted at Commissionaires in London and got my police certificate on Dec 1. Much faster than I anticipated.

Which Commissionaires did you use ?

• 1 month later...

Anyone residing in BC ( near vancouver area) got their police certificate recently? How long does it take to get it on the mail? Apparently, we have been trying to get ours since September last year and have been declined/ rejected due to one or the other reasons ( Mainly bcoz of errors in taking finger print from RCMP staff). Submitted new one early this week. Hoping to get thia one correctly.

Edited by F2J_March

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.