EternalWait

RCMP police certificate processing delay

123 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm glad I finally found a forum to discuss this stuff!  I had an E-2 Visa interview May 8th and due to an old Impaired charge - they requested this type of check.
I Submitted the Personal Use background check on May 10th.  This thread has lots of great timeline info from good folks - but I'm not sure anyone else actually has a record.  Curious if anyone with a record has experience recently with timelines?

Part of my "optimism" would be that due to it not being a certified check, if this would mean they don't have any "manual" work which is where certified checks are finding delays.

I was also told by a third party company expert (I've been on the hunt for information vigorously) ; that they are actually legally required to submit a Personal Use check in 30 days.
Anyways, any information is tremendously helpful, all!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ETT said:

Hello all,

I'm glad I finally found a forum to discuss this stuff!  I had an E-2 Visa interview May 8th and due to an old Impaired charge - they requested this type of check.
I Submitted the Personal Use background check on May 10th.  This thread has lots of great timeline info from good folks - but I'm not sure anyone else actually has a record.  Curious if anyone with a record has experience recently with timelines?

Part of my "optimism" would be that due to it not being a certified check, if this would mean they don't have any "manual" work which is where certified checks are finding delays.

I was also told by a third party company expert (I've been on the hunt for information vigorously) ; that they are actually legally required to submit a Personal Use check in 30 days.
Anyways, any information is tremendously helpful, all!

Thanks!

I do not have any criminal record, but i had peace-bond, which expired 2 years ago. I am not sure if it mine goes to manual checking..if anyone can confirm? I have applied on may 8th and i am still waiting

My optimism/hope was that due to the nature of this check not being "certified" was that in fact manual checking would then be oxy-moronic.

In other words, would this Personal Use check simply be send you whatever comes up?  This may sound optimistic but it's also logical I'd think?
Manual checking I can see beiing applicable when there's a need to verify things prior to putting an RCMP seal on it.

Anyways.. curious if anyone has any light in this area and again, whether a criminal record does slow down response times.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Itachi Uchiha said:

Question

Will my expired peace bond ( 2 years ago ) will show up in criminal record?? I am kind of tensed and scared that employer will reject me cuz of withdrawn charges i have on my profile

I sent mine in May 10th and haven't received anything as of yet.  The funny thing about this forum (largely to be expected!) is that once someone gets their report - they've no need to discuss anything further.  I've now sent 3 emails spaced about a week apart.
I was told by a third party fingerprinting service with much experience, that they are actually obligated to provide a "Personal Use" check within 30 days.  Perhaps + mailing.
It's evident they commonly are going over this, however.   I'm still debating doing a second submission just for a backup.  Sigh

They did respond to one email with a canned response saying they are processing and have no lead times.  My third email I was told to perhaps state their obligation to send within 30 days... Who knows how it'll unfold.
This Canadian process is a joke.    It appears I'm not alone in the amount of importance riding on the report!  

What date did you submit yours?

1 hour ago, ETT said:

I sent mine in May 10th and haven't received anything as of yet.  The funny thing about this forum (largely to be expected!) is that once someone gets their report - they've no need to discuss anything further.  I've now sent 3 emails spaced about a week apart.
I was told by a third party fingerprinting service with much experience, that they are actually obligated to provide a "Personal Use" check within 30 days.  Perhaps + mailing.
It's evident they commonly are going over this, however.   I'm still debating doing a second submission just for a backup.  Sigh

They did respond to one email with a canned response saying they are processing and have no lead times.  My third email I was told to perhaps state their obligation to send within 30 days... Who knows how it'll unfold.
This Canadian process is a joke.    It appears I'm not alone in the amount of importance riding on the report!  

What date did you submit yours?

I sent on may 8th 

26 minutes ago, hopingforamiracle said:

Nothing yet.. radio silence from RCMP. Waiting since March 7

Ok this is not a good feeling, and much more for you, I'm sure!
I can't seem to understand how some are 10 days and some 2 months + as in your case!  I'd resubmit!

Without disclosing anything private - are you comfortable sharing if you've got a record?  I'm simply curious if lead times are dependent on any factors.
I was also told however, that this Personal Use check - isn't subject to "manual processing" as it's just handed to you as is.

29 minutes ago, hopingforamiracle said:

Nothing yet.. radio silence from RCMP. Waiting since March 7

You did submit for "privacy act" or " personal use", yes?

1 hour ago, ETT said:

Ok this is not a good feeling, and much more for you, I'm sure!
I can't seem to understand how some are 10 days and some 2 months + as in your case!  I'd resubmit!

Without disclosing anything private - are you comfortable sharing if you've got a record?  I'm simply curious if lead times are dependent on any factors.
I was also told however, that this Personal Use check - isn't subject to "manual processing" as it's just handed to you as is.

You did submit for "privacy act" or " personal use", yes?

I had a conviction (possession of a weapon) in 1995 but that was under the Youth Offenders Act. I have spoken to 2 different policing agencies and they said that won't show up.

Yes I submitted for "personal use"

My wife had 4 or 5 convictions (grand theft auto, theft under $5K, etc.) also as a youth under the Youth Offenders Act in the mid 1990's. Her "for personal use" police report came back clean in a matter of like one week back in March. 

We filed both of them together. Every time I email them, they acknowledge my case is active but can't provide a timeline. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.