lemurianelf

Police Record for Canada - different "right" versions circulating

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello

hopefully i can clarify this before my interview. I see two versions of the police record circulating. One refers to the databank CMP PPU 030 and one doesnt

CMP PPU  030

Canada Police Certificate: US Visa Document Requirement | Fickey Martinez  Law Firm

I have one that refers to the National Repository of records. Is it the wrong one? NVC accepted it but i am not sure.

Changes to RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check Certificates Issued under  “Privacy Act”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I moved to the US from Canada and the second form is exactly what I used for my Canadian police clearance certificate under privacy act. Disregard the first one.

Timeline

I submitted the second one and it was rejected by NVC in June. "Incorrect issuing authority" was the note.

Everyone I asked confirmed I had the right one so we resubmitted the same one and are waiting to hear back from NVC again.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, M.Knaebel said:

I submitted the second one and it was rejected by NVC in June. "Incorrect issuing authority" was the note.

Everyone I asked confirmed I had the right one so we resubmitted the same one and are waiting to hear back from NVC again.

NVC accepted the second one but who knows at the interview. Can you post a picture of the one you had that was rejected?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, lemurianelf said:

NVC accepted the second one but who knows at the interview. Can you post a picture of the one you had that was rejected?

Do you know how to obtain the right version from USA (or even NYC specifically?)

Timeline
5 hours ago, lemurianelf said:

Sure thing. I cut off the bottom here but did upload the document in its entirety. 

E6E327DD-D967-4259-BE74-647389B3E679.jpeg

Timeline
3 hours ago, Leeching Spouse said:

Do you know how to obtain the right version from USA (or even NYC specifically?)

Hi, i’m not sure how to obtain it from the US. I went to my local commissionaires office and got fingerprinted & processed it there. Sorry. Perhaps call them and ask about your options?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, M.Knaebel said:

Hi, i’m not sure how to obtain it from the US. I went to my local commissionaires office and got fingerprinted & processed it there. Sorry. Perhaps call them and ask about your options?

Is the fingerprint necessary? I read on another website that only name-based checks are needed, not fingerprinted. Which is the source of my frustration.

Edited by Leeching Spouse

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Leeching Spouse said:

Is the fingerprint necessary? I read on another website that only name-based checks are needed, not fingerprinted. Which is the source of my frustration.

As far as I know, yes it’s necessary. The only source I used was the NVC document page found here which details what you need: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/17/2022 at 4:47 AM, Leeching Spouse said:

Fingerprints are needed to my knowledge for Canadian police certificates to be valid in the eyes of NVC. Interestingly, not needed for the UK one.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
1 hour ago, ConsistentCut said:

How long is the police record good for? Mine was uploaded a year ago and my interview letter is soon to be here. Do I need to get a new one?

2 years!

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
On 8/17/2022 at 9:21 AM, M.Knaebel said:

As far as I know, yes it’s necessary. The only source I used was the NVC document page found here which details what you need: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

What day did you resubmit yours again? I think we resubmitted relatively close to the same time 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, lemurianelf said:

Hello

hopefully i can clarify this before my interview. I see two versions of the police record circulating. One refers to the databank CMP PPU 030 and one doesnt

CMP PPU  030

Canada Police Certificate: US Visa Document Requirement | Fickey Martinez  Law Firm

I have one that refers to the National Repository of records. Is it the wrong one? NVC accepted it but i am not sure.

Changes to RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check Certificates Issued under  “Privacy Act”

The second one you posted nvc accepted for my daughter and me.

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.