King•Adan

August 2022 - I130 filers

103 posts in this topic

Thanks to whoever created this group.

Online filling by my attorney: 8/11/22 

NOA1: 8/11/22 TX SC

Transferred on the 8/11/22 Potomac SC - was NEVER notified (in March I called 800-375-5283 and was asked what I needed, I said "info pass" and was transferred to a live rep within 5 minutes)

On the same day after talking to the rep I saw we went from 5 months to 7 months remaining.

Now in April, we are still at 7 months. 

I think the time increased, however, after entering my info on this site today, VJ is giving an estimated time of approval between 8/18 and 8/27/23.   Based on my research on this site, Potomac is averaging 12 months, even tho the new processing time on USCIS says 16 month.  Do you all think it is too late to request that my attorney file the K3?  I'm concerned that it could extend my process time or be transferred to a slower SC like Vermont.

Edited by Nissy & Ray

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 3:50 PM, HaeZee said:

Sooo yesterday my K3 was terminated, and today my case tracker said my i-130 was approved and that NOA2 would be sent. Anyone else? I dont know what to do with myself right now, I wasn't expecting this any time soon! 

What documents did you attach to your K3 for filing? And congrats 🎉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/22/2023 at 11:17 AM, persaud said:

What documents did you attach to your K3 for filing? And congrats 🎉

Just what was in the K-3 guide. It's really simple compared to filing the i-130 only difference being that it needs to be mailed and not filed online. Here's the VJ guide we used.

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi All! Joining this thread as well - we filed on August 12th, still pending at this point. 

I agree with the other comments - in April 2023 we got down to 2 more months in the processing tab, but when USCIS updated its general case processings to an additional 4 months, our processing tab updated to 6 months. Down to 5 months now but was hoping it was just a glitch and would be hearing something soon. 

46 minutes ago, EmCash said:

Hi All! Joining this thread as well - we filed on August 12th, still pending at this point. 

I agree with the other comments - in April 2023 we got down to 2 more months in the processing tab, but when USCIS updated its general case processings to an additional 4 months, our processing tab updated to 6 months. Down to 5 months now but was hoping it was just a glitch and would be hearing something soon. 

No, the updated number is much more realistic. The previous number was very unrealistic and didn't seem to be based on anything.  Set your expectations for August at earliest so that you're not disappointed, trust me.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/10/2023 at 5:11 PM, Christian And Van said:

Joining the group here with a NOA1 date of August 8th 2022 for Nebraska SC

I wanted to check in and see if anyone else has notice a jump in estimated time in the case on the USCIS account?

It has been counting down - and we were down to ETA 2 months - and now it has jumped up to 5months

Hiii we're also filing from Brazil! We got our NOA1 on August 1st 2022. Maybe we will have our interviews in Rio together?

Timeline

Anyone else notice their month calculation is now gone from their account? Ours now just says 'Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.' :(

On 6/6/2023 at 8:25 AM, EmCash said:

Anyone else notice their month calculation is now gone from their account? Ours now just says 'Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.' :(

Yes it is saying this for me too. Someone who applied for a work permit is also getting this message. It might be a glitch 

Timeline
On 6/6/2023 at 1:25 PM, EmCash said:

Yeah I have the same thing also

Timeline

I really wish there was a premium processing option for marriage-based cases. I am an immigration attorney but I do mostly business cases, and its a much faster process to green card in some cases.

Timeline
On 6/15/2023 at 2:42 PM, EmCash said:

I really wish there was a premium processing option for marriage-based cases. I am an immigration attorney but I do mostly business cases, and its a much faster process to green card in some cases.

They gotta get themself that tax money from a company supported immigrant ASAP

hey I was curious what everyones  receipt block is in august.    sooo I found this website that tracks the receipt blocks and shows your current status of your case without having to log in.   I filed mine in July but my receipt numbers don't match the cases getting approved right now in June or July. so I was wondering if all you august filers could show what your first few numbers are  for example mine is "        go to this website and simply copy and past your receipt number and. you will have results ...seriously go to this https://www.casestatusext.com/cases/IOE9842460281

Receipt Block IOE-98-424

this website shows all the cases that are getting approved. it goes based on the receipt numbers and I didn't think it was real at first but it is pretty accurate. 
you can even click on other peoples receipt numbers and it takes you to their account and shows the " exact message they got from the USCIS "  . it will show the beginning of the timeline and ending of the time line . 
https://www.casestatusext.com/approvals/I-130/IOE-LB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.