Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,203 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ACC24 said:

I hope you will receive it soon as well

Thank you @ACC24! I hope so too. I know that everyone is going through tough time with all the waiting but it has been especially hard for our family.

This green card interview is for my wife and my daughter. Because of all this waiting, we have been separated for more than 2 years now...

Hello Everyone Congrats on your IL.

Thanks for posting gives us hope when we see Aug 2021 DQ for April 2023 IL.

As per latest update on website the Employment based dq is still Jan 2021

Common question to all : looks like many of you are already working in US on TN or other visas?

Anyone working in Canada and applying for CP who got IL - Approval ?

Edited by mm_101

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, mm_101 said:

Common question to all : looks like many of you are already working in US on TN or other visas?

Thanks @mm_101!  I am still working in Canada.

Timeline
1 hour ago, KDEE said:

They skipped me as well, DQ Jan 2021. Not sure what my next steps are. NVC responded with generic response. Any Suggestions?

Sorry you were skipped.  I would try e-mailing and mailing a letter to the consulate as well.

26 minutes ago, mm_101 said:

Thanks for bringing up this question and looking forward for any experiences. I think most EB cases that are approved in this group were in healthcare or already working in US with some other visa category( mostly TN)  or working in Canada for US employer

Timeline

Anyone who has used Dr. Cheema could you please tell me how long the appointment was in total (including blood work/x-rays)?  I have booked for March 31 at 10 am, but we are flying in from Calgary, so want to make sure I don't book our return flight back to Calgary too early.  Thanks.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Anyone who has used Dr. Cheema could you please tell me how long the appointment was in total (including blood work/x-rays)?  I have booked for March 31 at 10 am, but we are flying in from Calgary, so want to make sure I don't book our return flight back to Calgary too early.  Thanks.

It took a total of 2 or 3 hours for me. I live in Vancouver now. But, when I was in Calgary last year, I was planning to stay at least 2 nights in Vancouver for this process and do some sightseeing around the city.

~~

Timeline
50 minutes ago, agrisiva said:

It took a total of 2 or 3 hours for me. I live in Vancouver now. But, when I was in Calgary last year, I was planning to stay at least 2 nights in Vancouver for this process and do some sightseeing around the city.

So if my appointment is at 1000, I should be able to make it back to the airport for 1500 or is that cutting it too close do you think?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

So if my appointment is at 1000, I should be able to make it back to the airport for 1500 or is that cutting it too close do you think?

Yes, if all goes well you can be back at YVR by 3pm for a flight after 5pm or so. My appointment was at 7 am and we were back home (near the airport) by noon. It was a snow day and we just took it easy and even had lunch nearby.

~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.