Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,142 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, David San said:

Hi Everyone,

As Canadian Citizen, meanwhile we are waiting for interview and other steps, can we visit US as tourist? I heard that they don't grant any other type of visa since we are in the green card process.

Thanks in advance

While I am waiting for CP process I got my VISITOR VISA in last October and already travelled couple of times to USA with no issues. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, David San said:

Hi Everyone,

As Canadian Citizen, meanwhile we are waiting for interview and other steps, can we visit US as tourist? I heard that they don't grant any other type of visa since we are in the green card process.

Thanks in advance

Canadian citizens don’t need any visa to visit USA. You can visit freely but obviously If the purpose is other that travel or meeting family/friends like study or work then you definitely need respective visa.

7 hours ago, mm_101 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have been a reader of this forum and thank you for posting your experiences - they are very helpful.

My i824 got Approved recently after 14 months.

My PD is current EB2 (Oct 2011)

Would appreciate your guidance on below - as I am preparing the nvc docs

1. To get India PCC, do we need to submit original Canadian and previous Indian passports. How long does it take to get the PCC

2. Do you think it would be better to go back to USA and apply for AOS as that may be faster than 2+ years waiting for IL

3. Will it delay AOS as I applied for 824 -CP and going back to AOS

Appreciate your help.

Thanks !

Now that your current have you submitted docs to NVC, do you have a DQ date. Honestly, if you have H1 and if you can go back to the US it’s better to go with AOS. you should apply for EAD and AP and once you get that you are almost there. Montreal is one of the worst in processing EB applications. Unfortunately if you are on TN then CP Is the recommended path and suck it up with Montreal. If you have OCI you can also try India. Unfortunately there are no processing times available for India as for Montreal

54 minutes ago, farzady said:

@DTCC when is your appointment with Dr. Lyndon?

7th Feb. Did you get update/confirmation  from them? I was told by Lilly being a panel physician with US Consulate, they have to send out a confirmation to applicant once the result has been uploaded in US consulate portal. Not sure this is something they do for all applicants or more of a marketing thing.

Edited by DTCC

9 hours ago, mm_101 said:

@DTCCthank you for sharing your experience. Back in Sept 2021 when my dates became current after 10+ years ! I chose the CP option and applied i824 now after nearly 1.5 years I am looking at 2+ year wait for IL. Please share any comments / guidance on the available options

@mm_101 Sorry to hear that. Since you have been waiting for close to 18 months now, My platform is to stick with CP option instead of staring all over with USICS. I was hoping the dates will move fast for EB in the coming months with Montreal consulate. Good Luck!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, DTCC said:

7th Feb. Did you get update/confirmation  from them? I was told by Lilly being a panel physician with US Consulate, they have to send out a confirmation to applicant once the result has been uploaded in US consulate portal. Not sure this is something they do for all applicants or more of a marketing thing.

My case is weird, Dr. Lyndon and myself contacted Montreal and they replied to both of us and confirmed that my medical account is open, but Dr. Lyndon is saying still closed.

Yeah, all panel physician has to send confirmation email to the applicant after the submit the results.

@DTCC and @TheMaverick thx for your replies.

I havent submitted the documents to NVC yet as my i824 ( to shift AOS to CP) just got Approved.

i824 itself took about 13 months 

and I am looking at more 2+ years for IL after DQ I guess

For IL does the priority date matter or do they go by DQ date only ?

My PD is 2011 - India.

Took 10+ years for PD to be current then I wanted to apply CP but was told I have to apply i824 first.

12 minutes ago, mm_101 said:

@DTCC and @TheMaverick thx for your replies.

I havent submitted the documents to NVC yet as my i824 ( to shift AOS to CP) just got Approved.

i824 itself took about 13 months 

and I am looking at more 2+ years for IL after DQ I guess

For IL does the priority date matter or do they go by DQ date only ?

My PD is 2011 - India.

Took 10+ years for PD to be current then I wanted to apply CP but was told I have to apply i824 first.

Do you have an option for AOS? Do you have a dual intent visa like H1 or L1? What made you change from AOS to CP

IL are sent basis DQ date only provided your PD is still current. If there is any retrogress you continue to wait. Honesty next couple of months will give some idea on how Montreal is prioritizing EB. They have not yet published December stats but I am not hopeful that they prioritized EB. Starting JAN if they prioritize EB like how they did for family in the prior months you are still looking at 1.5 yrs. On the other hand if your eligible for AOS I guess USCIS has improved processing times so you should get EAD in 6 months and once you get EAD you are basically sorted. Other advantage of AOS is you do not need to submit police clearance letters. 

Thx @TheMaverick

I have to apply h1 first in Premium processing.

When I applied i824 to change to cp in 2021 oct at that time  it wasn’t clear how long AOS may take and lawyer said both cp and aos will take 1.5 yr

I have kids going to school and job - project already in Canada so I applied for 824

Now looks like AOS is streamlined many ppl r getting gc in 6 months if their dates are current and 140 Approved already( non concurrent )

whereas cp - current timeline at Montreal is 2+ years after dq!

10 hours ago, farzady said:

My case is weird, Dr. Lyndon and myself contacted Montreal and they replied to both of us and confirmed that my medical account is open, but Dr. Lyndon is saying still closed.

Yeah, all panel physician has to send confirmation email to the applicant after the submit the results.

Looks to me all weird things happening to you & me.  Seems we have to be on our toes until we get GC. So what's the next step? Are you planning to collect the results in a sealed envelope from Dr. Lyndon office and carry them with you for interview on the safer side? I presume you are local to Toronto so could be a viable option. Do you have  separate email provided by Dr.Lyndon for communication purposes or using the one used for scheduling?

When did you get the confirmation email from Dr.Lyndon office? 5 business days from your medical exam?

Let me know if I can be of any help since my medical exam is scheduled on 7th Feb. They don't disclose anything about your case with me due to privacy stuff but if you could think of anything I can be of help (like to enquire something ). 

Edited by DTCC

On 1/26/2023 at 9:03 PM, farzady said:

@farzadyDid you take photos at the photo center or you took photos using  your phone/crop them/print them off at the photo center?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.